60 years of the Space Age

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Mark Wieder wrote:
> I am really sorry to have started this thread

Where else could we have learned about the messageMessages
global property and messageHandled message (useful for
logging and debugging Livecode apps?

This mail list, like our own life, allows us to focus on our
immediate projects or our long term interests. We can
focus on the foreground or the background, focus on the
melody or the accompaniment... and these could change
places depending of our personal point of view.

Al

Re: 60 years of the Space Age

On 10/04/2017 06:22 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark Wieder wrote:
>> I am really sorry to have started this thread

ah... I had a smiley thing after that but I must have used some old
recycled electrons and they fell off the page.

Re: 60 years of the Space Age

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
And Gmail allowed to send my previous message
without subject and no warnings... precisely
in the day (October 4) where they announce
that each of their products now have Artificial
Intelligence Algorithms incorporated... :-o

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Mark Wieder wrote:
> > I am really sorry to have started this thread
>
> Where else could we have learned about the messageMessages
> global property and messageHandled message (useful for
> logging and debugging Livecode apps?
>
> This mail list, like our own life, allows us to focus on our
> immediate projects or our long term interests. We can
> focus on the foreground or the background, focus on the
> melody or the accompaniment... and these could change
> places depending of our personal point of view.
>
> Al

Re: 60 years of the Space Age

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
And that brings up an interesting point. Who is to say that artificial intelligence will be any smarter than the humans who invent it? I mean, is that even possible? So, looks like we are going to create a bunch of heartless, soulless minds that for all I can tell will be stupider than me. Doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings I can tell you.

Bob S

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 19:01 , Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> And Gmail allowed to send my previous message
> without subject and no warnings... precisely
> in the day (October 4) where they announce
> that each of their products now have Artificial
> Intelligence Algorithms incorporated... :-o

Re: 60 years of the Space Age

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
What about 34 years of Space Ace?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Ace

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> And that brings up an interesting point. Who is to say that artificial
> intelligence will be any smarter than the humans who invent it? I mean, is
> that even possible? So, looks like we are going to create a bunch of
> heartless, soulless minds that for all I can tell will be stupider than me.
> Doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings I can tell you.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Oct 4, 2017, at 19:01 , Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > And Gmail allowed to send my previous message
> > without subject and no warnings... precisely
> > in the day (October 4) where they announce
> > that each of their products now have Artificial
> > Intelligence Algorithms incorporated... :-o

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: 60 years of the Space Age

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

 > Where else could we have learned about the messageMessages
 > global property and messageHandled message (useful for
 > logging and debugging Livecode apps?

Ideally, in the Dictionary.  There are more than a few tokens there
flagged as "experimental", and with appropriate warnings they're
valuable inclusions.

If we can get approval to include messageMessages, messageHandled, and
messageNotHandled, who wants to write up those Dict entries?