9.0.1 "Become An Android Developer"

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
["not a Livecode issue" -- I still think that a lesson on this in needed, and that it be maintained for each change required for us to develop on Android, and be detailed as much as possible}

OK, I tried by my best,

1) /Users/brahmanathaswami/OneDrive/App-Development/android-sdk-macosx/tools/android
2) Clicked --> a whole lot of options appear. I don't know I am doing, so it is a fishing expedition...
3) I chose Android 8.0.0 (API 26); check the SDK Platform, uncheck the rest (TV, Wear, Pac, Google API, and Source for Android SDK)
4) install packages....(takes some time)
5) go to 9.0.1 rc1 preferences
6) install Android: recognized: jdk1.8.0_171.jdk
7) IDE Test: Yep... I see my device.
8) build for android.... it hangs on installing to device.
9) I have reboot Livecode
10) go to terminal...
Brahmanathaswamis-MacBook-Pro:platform-tools brahmanathaswami$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
FA6990304414 connecting

What am I missing?

BR

    J. Landman
        Android devs should note
        that you need to have SDK 8 or higher installed (the informative
        notification dialog was a big help here.) I installed 7, 8, and 8.1 and
        LC then allowed me to re-select the SDK in preferences, the phone showed
        up in the Target menu, and I could do a test build.

Re: 9.0.1 "Become An Android Developer"

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
Well, I rebooted the photo. That fixed it... seems it need to see the newly installed SDK.

Brahmanathaswami

On 7/11/18, 5:11 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

    List of devices attached
    FA6990304414 connecting

    What am I missing?

    BR

Re: 9.0.1 "Become An Android Developer"

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
I can't remember exactly now, but I think I restarted LC. I probably
also reset the adb server in Terminal. In any case, the key seems to be
forcing LC to forget the phone and then re-connect.