9.01 RC-1 Standalone Builder

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I take to Trevor's  method of keep a second instance of LC open, and using it to build standalone.

That way we avoid

  1.  Making changes in  scripts.
  2.  Saving them
  3.  Have to "old versions" magically re-appear after building a standalone.

I have got around to a recipe. But it go so "bad" in 9.0 that I stopped development.

Now:  The PDF of Release Notes for 9.01.RC-1  give the following "breaking change"

Do in now solve the above problem?

Standalone Building

The standalone builder has always needed to close the stacks it builds for reasons pretty deeply

ingrained in the code. However this causes a few problems, for example:

values in script locals become empty

behaviors are broken when the parent script is on / in a stack which closes

As an attempt to improve this situation, the code that locks messages when closing and opening

stacks for standalone builds has been removed. This means that where previously mainstacks

LiveCode 9.0.1-rc-1 Release Notes 7/9/18

2

would not receive openStack and closeStack messages during standalone build, they now do.

If this causes problems for your stack, you can exit from the handler if standalone building is in

progress:

on closeStack

if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then

exit closesStack

end if

end closeStack

LiveCode

[...]

Re: 9.01 RC-1 Standalone Builder

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
[Responding to my memo which has too many typos]

With 9.0,  using it to build a standalone.

  1.  Making changes in  scripts.
  2.  Saving them
  3.  Having  "old versions" magically re-appear after building a standalone.

I never got around to finding a recipe. It was like:

standalone builder "caches" old scripts and "re-constitutes" them  over newly save scripts.

But it go so "bad" in 9.0 that I stopped development and went with 8.1.10

Now:  The PDF of Release Notes for 9.01.RC-1  gives the following "breaking change"

Does this now solve the above problem?

Till then, I'm back using Trevor method of keep a second instance of LC open for SA's