A Mentor Needed

Tom McDonald
As a newbie I need a mentor or tutor. Somebody to answer specific questions in plain English. Simple answers to how to do the most basic things in Revolution -- one method at a time -- not several ways to do the same thing. The available tutorials are daunting. The daily forums might as well be conducted in Bantu for the uninitiated. I'll pay $50 an hour for help like this by email @ [hidden email]..

Help!!
Tom McDonald

Re: A Mentor Needed

Jon-3
Tom:

It's your money, but I'd give this list a try, first.  People here are
not only very helpful, but often respond very quickly, sometimes within
the hour.  I'd be happy to try to help you, on-list or off, for free for
a while.  If you exceed my admittedly limited expertise, you can then
fire a message off to the list.

Looking at the multitude of sample stacks that are available for
download is a great way to understand how things are done.

:)

Jon

Tom McDonald wrote:

>As a newbie I need a mentor or tutor. Somebody to answer specific questions in plain English. Simple answers to how to do the most basic things in Revolution -- one method at a time -- not several ways to do the same thing. The available tutorials are daunting. The daily forums might as well be conducted in Bantu for the uninitiated. I'll pay $50 an hour for help like this by email @ [hidden email]..
>
>Help!!
>Tom McDonald

Re: A Mentor Needed

Quentin Long
sez [hidden email]>

>Subject: A Mentor Needed
>To: [hidden email]
>
>As a newbie I need a mentor or tutor. Somebody to answer specific questions
>in plain English. Simple answers to how to do the most basic things in
>Revolution -- one method at a time -- not several ways to do the same thing.
>The available tutorials are daunting. The daily forums might as well be
>conducted in Bantu for the uninitiated. I'll pay $50 an hour for help like
>this by email @ [hidden email].
   My name is Quentin Long, and I second [hidden email]'s suggestion to
give the use-revolution list a shot first. That said and acknowledged: If you
want to give someone money to mentor you in Revolution, I am willing to mentor
you in Revolution for money. I would further recommend that you search the list
archives for past threads in which I've answered questions, because that
should give you some idea of how good I am at explaining things clearly. You'll
find the list archives here:

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/

Re: A Mentor Needed

david bovill