[ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Download the stack: CRC-32.rev
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/CRC-32_LiveCode_Script.zip
http://at.livecodejournal.com/stacks/CRC-32_LiveCode_Script.zip

or type in your message box:
go stack "http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/CRC-32.rev"
go stack "http://at.livecodejournal.com/stacks/CRC-32.rev"

Please report any incompatibilities and/or errors.

Notice that there are many ways to calculate crc-32:
http://zorc.breitbandkatze.de/crc.html
but I choose to calculate a crc-32 compatible
with the internal crc-32 generated for LiveCode's own
compress function using this javascript code as example:
http://www.digsys.se/JavaScript/CRC.aspx

Many Thanks to Andre and Richard for both storage
spaces in their servers! :-)

Have a nice weekend and a Happy New Year!

Al

This CRC-32 livecode script is based on
CRC-32 javascript from webpage:
http://www.digsys.se/JavaScript/CRC.aspx

XHTML / JavaScript source code   September 19, 2010
Copyright (c) 2003-2011 Scandinavian Digital Systems AB
Internet: http://www.digsys.se
Freeware: The source code and its methods and algorithms may be
used as desired without restrictions.

All bitWise Functions and fixes written by Shao Sean:  http://www.shaosean.tk/
published in the LiveCode mail list:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode//2005-November/071181.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode//2005-November/071188.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode//2005-December/071668.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode//2005-December/071764.html

CRC-32 (as it is in ZMODEM) in table form
Copyright (C) 1986 Gary S. Brown. You may use this program, or
code or tables extracted from it, as desired without restriction.

Modified by Anders Danielsson, February 5, 1989 and March 10, 2006.

This is also known as FCS-32 (as it is in PPP), described in
RFC-1662 by William Allen Simpson, see RFC-1662 for references.

Re: [ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

slylabs13
I get "No such card". Tried .livecode instead of .rev on both links too, no joy.

Bob

On Dec 30, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> or type in your message box:
> go stack "http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/CRC-32.rev"
> go stack "http://at.livecodejournal.com/stacks/CRC-32.rev"
>
> Please report any incompatibilities and/or errors.

Re: [ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

Roger Eller
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I get "No such card". Tried .livecode instead of .rev on both links too,
> no joy.
>
> Bob
>
> On Dec 30, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
>
> > or type in your message box:
> > go stack "http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/CRC-32.rev"
> > go stack "http://at.livecodejournal.com/stacks/CRC-32.rev"
> >
> > Please report any incompatibilities and/or errors.

I get the same.  The zip file download is fine though.

˜Roger

Re: [ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Roger Eller wrote
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I get "No such card". Tried .livecode instead of .rev on
> both links too, no joy.

I get the same.  The zip file download is fine though.
Many Thanks for reporting this. Just notice
that both links works fine on my computers.

Maybe a firewall is stoping the stacks
downloads in your computers.

Al

Re: [ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

slylabs13
Nope. I get stacks using links all the time. It may be that the serving site has blocks I dunno.

Bob

On Dec 30, 2011, at 3:36 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Roger Eller wrote
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
>>> I get "No such card". Tried .livecode instead of .rev on
>>> both links too, no joy.
>>
>> I get the same.  The zip file download is fine though.
>>

> Many Thanks for reporting this. Just notice
> that both links works fine on my computers.
>
> Maybe a firewall is stoping the stacks
> downloads in your computers.
>
> Al

Re: [ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

mwieder
Friday, December 30, 2011, 3:56:58 PM, Bob wrote:

> Nope. I get stacks using links all the time. It may be that the serving site has blocks I dunno.

Settle down.

The correct syntax is "go url", not "go stack".

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: [ANN] CRC-32 LiveCode stack

Roger Eller
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Friday, December 30, 2011, 3:56:58 PM, Bob wrote:
>
> > Nope. I get stacks using links all the time. It may be that the serving
> site has blocks I dunno.
>
> Settle down.
>
> The correct syntax is "go url", not "go stack".
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]

Confirmed.  ;-)  Good catch!