[ANN] EPS Import V05C

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Download this new version of EPS Import V05C:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/Eps_Import_V05C.zip

Please, read the Help included inside the stack and the text file
named "readmefirst.txt"

Here is nice tip that could help you, if you need scaling these vector
graphics inside a LiveCode stack.

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/img/Gradients03.jpg

Have a nice day!

Alejandro

Re: [ANN] EPS Import V05C

Chipp Walters
Thanks! I really appreciate the work you've  done with this library over
the years.

--
Chipp Walters
CEO, Altuit, Inc.

Re: [ANN] EPS Import V05C

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Chipp,

Chipp Walters wrote
Thanks! I really appreciate the work you've
done with this library over the years.
Thanks, I am glad that it's useful. :-D

Hopefully, Ian McPhail will update
his stack SVGL to import gradients
and transparency from SVG
drawings. Only then, it will be
possible to design confortably
complete interfaces using only
vector graphics with gradients
and transparency.

Inkscape could export drawings
as JavaFX and SilverLight XAML:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/File-Export.html

Maybe these two vector formats are
easier to convert in LiveCode vector
graphics.

Al

Re: [ANN] EPS Import V05C

Colin Holgate-2
You may have read my other message about getting graphics to be an exact shape, your EPS thing looks like it will solve the problem for me, thanks!

Re: [ANN] EPS Import V05C

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Colin,

Colin Holgate-2 wrote
You may have read my other message about getting graphics
to be an exact shape, your EPS thing looks like it will solve
the problem for me, thanks!
You are welcome! :-)

Just notice that these EPS are actually files saved as
Adobe Ilustrator 7 or minor.
The reason behind the "EPS" name is because the first
line in these files is: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Originally, I made this script to import vector clipart
from Compact Disks and stopped depelopment as soon
the script reached this specific purpose.

If you import an image into this stack:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/newPentoolScript_v02.zip
then, you could trace around the image.

The graphics created are always yellow. The fix is simple.
Just comment these lines in the card script:
set the filled of geditingGrafic to true
set the backcolor of geditingGrafic to yellow

This lacks some really important tools of this stack
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/penToolv032g.zip
like: delete/add bezier points, convert point from corner to curve,
ovals, rectangles and Round Rectangles, but it's more reliable
for this simple task.

In a future, I will merge these two stacks:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/newPentoolScript_v02.zip
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/mask_bitmap02.zip
in a single utility stack to mask images inside LiveCode.

Alejandro

Re: [ANN] EPS Import V05C

Colin Holgate-2
Thanks for the extra details.

I've done a lot of importing of AI files today. I find that fresh AI files that have new curves are producing stacks that are zero width and height, but copying the curves into an existing AI that has something in it will give me a file that works.

I save as Illustrator 3 ("3", not "CS3"), to try to make things easier.

Re: [ANN] EPS Import V05C

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Colin,

Colin Holgate-2 wrote
Thanks for the extra details.
I've done a lot of importing of AI files today. I find that fresh AI files that
have new curves are producing stacks that are zero width and height,
but copying the curves into an existing AI that has something in it will
give me a file that works.

I save as Illustrator 3 ("3", not "CS3"), to try to make things easier.
Great! I am glad that this works for you. Please take a look at this feature
that I included in the stack penTool 0.32g:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/penToolv032g.zip

Look at this image:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/img/editImportedIlustratorFiles.JPG

When you import an Ilustrator file using the Import/Export palette of PenTool 0.32g
the shapes are editable with the tools of PenTool and (this is the most important)
you could Scale/Rotate/Reflect (flip)/Skew the grouped imported vectors using the
Transformation Tools palette in penToolv032g.

But... There is no UNDO. I am sure that it should be easy to make
an UNDO function for this drawing application, but I have not been
able to create an UNDO that works reliable... :-((

Al