[ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
GRAVE!!!!!"

Hey Folks,

Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5 and
Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is always
impressed.

Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
works.

You can learn more about it at:

http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/

Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I will
sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an MVP.

The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
and photos to a user wall.

I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib available.

Check them out and send any feedback my way.

Cheers
Andre

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

ScottR
http://i-view.net/stuff/welcome_back.jpg

:-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 5/1/14 11:51 AM, "Andre Garzia" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
>GRAVE!!!!!"
>
>Hey Folks,
>
>Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
>the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5
>and
>Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
>been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is always
>impressed.
>
>Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
>managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
>works.
>
>You can learn more about it at:
>
>http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
>
>Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
>relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I
>will
>sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
>decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an
>MVP.
>
>The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
>and photos to a user wall.
>
>I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib
>available.
>
>Check them out and send any feedback my way.
>
>Cheers
>Andre
>
>--
>http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
>http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>

>--
>http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
>http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

J. Landman Gay
On 5/1/14, 1:51 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
> GRAVE!!!!!"

Andre, I've missed you. I am so glad you're back!

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
auhahuahuahuahuauhauha

Its very good to be back my friends!

Hey Jacqueeee!!!! :D

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Scott Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://i-view.net/stuff/welcome_back.jpg
>

> :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX/UI Design
>

> On 5/1/14 11:51 AM, "Andre Garzia" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
> >GRAVE!!!!!"
> >
> >Hey Folks,
> >
> >Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
> >the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5
> >and
> >Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
> >been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is always
> >impressed.
> >
> >Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
> >managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
> >works.
> >
> >You can learn more about it at:
> >
> >http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
> >
> >Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
> >relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I
> >will
> >sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
> >decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an
> >MVP.
> >
> >The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
> >and photos to a user wall.
> >
> >I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib
> >available.
> >
> >Check them out and send any feedback my way.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Andre
> >
> >--
> >http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> >http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
> >

> >--
> >http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> >http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
Hey Folks,

I've issued free orders to all those that contributed back then. Please
send feedback once you receive yours.

Cheers

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> auhahuahuahuahuauhauha
>
> Its very good to be back my friends!
>
> Hey Jacqueeee!!!! :D
>

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Scott Rossi <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> http://i-view.net/stuff/welcome_back.jpg
>>

>> :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scott Rossi
>> Creative Director
>> Tactile Media, UX/UI Design
>>

>> On 5/1/14 11:51 AM, "Andre Garzia" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> >As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
>> >GRAVE!!!!!"
>> >
>> >Hey Folks,
>> >
>> >Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
>> >the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5
>> >and
>> >Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
>> >been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is
>> always
>> >impressed.
>> >
>> >Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
>> >managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
>> >works.
>> >
>> >You can learn more about it at:
>> >
>> >http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
>> >
>> >Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
>> >relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I
>> >will
>> >sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
>> >decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an
>> >MVP.
>> >
>> >The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
>> >and photos to a user wall.
>> >
>> >I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib
>> >available.
>> >
>> >Check them out and send any feedback my way.
>> >
>> >Cheers
>> >Andre
>> >
>> >--
>> >http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
>> >http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>> >

>> >--
>> >http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
>> >http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
Hey Friends,

For those that want to check things out, I've uploaded a video showing the
creation of a minimal stack that is able to post to Facebook.

http://vimeo.com/93548602

=D

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
> GRAVE!!!!!"
>
> Hey Folks,
>
> Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
> the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5 and
> Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
> been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is always
> impressed.
>
> Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
> managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
> works.
>
> You can learn more about it at:
>
> http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
>
> Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
> relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I will
> sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
> decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an MVP.
>
> The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
> and photos to a user wall.
>
> I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib available.
>
> Check them out and send any feedback my way.
>
> Cheers
> Andre
>
> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 02/05/14 00:49, Andre Garzia wrote:
> auhahuahuahuahuauhauha
>
> Its very good to be back my friends!
>
> Hey Jacqueeee!!!! :D

Hey Ho!

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
Hey Man! :D

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 02/05/14 00:49, Andre Garzia wrote:
>
>> auhahuahuahuahuauhauha
>>
>> Its very good to be back my friends!
>>
>> Hey Jacqueeee!!!! :D
>>

> Hey Ho!
>
> Richmond.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Main Google
Got mine - works so well and I can't wait till the mobile version.

Gerry

> On 2 May 2014, at 8:18 am, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Folks,
>
> I've issued free orders to all those that contributed back then. Please
> send feedback once you receive yours.
>
> Cheers
>

>> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> auhahuahuahuahuauhauha
>>
>> Its very good to be back my friends!
>>
>> Hey Jacqueeee!!!! :D
>>

>> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Scott Rossi <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> http://i-view.net/stuff/welcome_back.jpg
>>>

>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Scott Rossi
>>> Creative Director
>>> Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

>>> always

>> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
>> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Richard Miller-5
Gerry,

Are you running in on a Mac or PC?

Have you been able to log out of one FB account and log back in under a
different one?

Thanks,
Richard Miller

On 5/2/14, 5:48 PM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
> Got mine - works so well and I can't wait till the mobile version.
>
> Gerry

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Main Google
Mac. And no, not tried that. Also the FB authorisation window displays as blank before disappearing - it seems to authorise ok without me doing anything and lets me post from my app too. Not had a lot of time to look beyond the basics yet, and I'm really waiting for the iOS version :)

Gerry

Sent from my iPad

> On 3 May 2014, at 7:55 pm, Richard Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gerry,
>
> Are you running in on a Mac or PC?
>
> Have you been able to log out of one FB account and log back in under a different one?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Miller
>

>> On 5/2/14, 5:48 PM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
>> Got mine - works so well and I can't wait till the mobile version.
>>
>> Gerry

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Richard Miller-5
That sounds about right. I am having more problems on the Windows side
than on the Mac side. If you get it to log out and then display the
log-in window again (i.e. asking for username/pw), please let me know. I
can't get that working.

Richard

On 5/3/14, 8:48 AM, Gerry wrote:

> Mac. And no, not tried that. Also the FB authorisation window displays as blank before disappearing - it seems to authorise ok without me doing anything and lets me post from my app too. Not had a lot of time to look beyond the basics yet, and I'm really waiting for the iOS version :)
>
> Gerry
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 3 May 2014, at 7:55 pm, Richard Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Gerry,
>>
>> Are you running in on a Mac or PC?
>>
>> Have you been able to log out of one FB account and log back in under a different one?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard Miller
>>

>>> On 5/2/14, 5:48 PM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
>>> Got mine - works so well and I can't wait till the mobile version.
>>>
>>> Gerry

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
Hi Folks,

Once you authorize once, Facebook stores some cookies. So the next time you
ask for authorization it will only flash the RevBrowser window because as
soon as we open it and ask for the authorization dialog, facebook
recognizes who it is and redirects straight to the authorization callback
with the tokens.

If you logged and authorize as some user and want to authorize yourself as
some other user instead, you need to call fbLogout() function. This
function will call facebook to remove the app permissions for the logged
user and remove the data from the script local array used to store the
tokens. The next time you call fbAuthorize then you will see the dialog.

This all happens because the webview inside RevBrowser stores local data
from Facebook. There is no way around it unless we start injecting
Javascript into that window and thats a recipe for bugs.

I've updated the library and you should download again from the link you
received. The current version is numbered 1.4, it appears that sendowl
system is not sending the update emails. I will add some update checking
routine to the stack.

Richard, I am writing a better manual that you will enjoy.

Cheers

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Richard Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That sounds about right. I am having more problems on the Windows side
> than on the Mac side. If you get it to log out and then display the log-in
> window again (i.e. asking for username/pw), please let me know. I can't get
> that working.
>
> Richard
>

> On 5/3/14, 8:48 AM, Gerry wrote:
>
>> Mac. And no, not tried that. Also the FB authorisation window displays as
>> blank before disappearing - it seems to authorise ok without me doing
>> anything and lets me post from my app too. Not had a lot of time to look
>> beyond the basics yet, and I'm really waiting for the iOS version :)
>>
>> Gerry
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>  On 3 May 2014, at 7:55 pm, Richard Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Gerry,
>>>
>>> Are you running in on a Mac or PC?
>>>
>>> Have you been able to log out of one FB account and log back in under a
>>> different one?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Richard Miller

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Kaveh Bazargan
Hi Andre

What a great welcome for me. I have just raised my head here after a long
time of dormancy and renewed my subscriptions and the first mail I see is
my friend André. :-)

The HyperCard bug never left me. I started using it since beta!

Looking forward to enjoying the knowledge of my friends again, and perhaps
at last doing something real...

On 1 May 2014 19:51, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
> GRAVE!!!!!"
>
> Hey Folks,
>
> Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
> the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5 and
> Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
> been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is always
> impressed.
>
> Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
> managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
> works.
>
> You can learn more about it at:
>
> http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
>
> Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
> relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I will
> sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
> decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an MVP.
>
> The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
> and photos to a user wall.
>
> I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib available.
>
> Check them out and send any feedback my way.
>
> Cheers
> Andre
>
> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Kaveh Bazargan
River Valley Technologies
@kaveh1000
+44 7771 824 111
[hidden email]
Please note new email ID

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
Hi Kaveh,

It appears that we're both back! I too went away for a while but I am so
happy to be back!

At this moment I am using LiveCode community version but I hope to have a
subscription again at some point in the future (or I may have a
subscription but I am not aware of it, so many kickstarters and promotions,
I lost track).

Its so good to hear from you, how life has been treating you over there?

Cheers

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Kaveh Bazargan <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andre
>
> What a great welcome for me. I have just raised my head here after a long
> time of dormancy and renewed my subscriptions and the first mail I see is
> my friend André. :-)
>
> The HyperCard bug never left me. I started using it since beta!
>
> Looking forward to enjoying the knowledge of my friends again, and perhaps
> at last doing something real...
>

> On 1 May 2014 19:51, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
> > GRAVE!!!!!"
> >
> > Hey Folks,
> >
> > Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
> > the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5
> and
> > Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
> > been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is
> always
> > impressed.
> >
> > Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
> > managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
> > works.
> >
> > You can learn more about it at:
> >
> > http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
> >
> > Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
> > relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I
> will
> > sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
> > decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an
> MVP.
> >
> > The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
> > and photos to a user wall.
> >
> > I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib
> available.
> >
> > Check them out and send any feedback my way.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Andre
> >
> > --
> > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
> >

> > --
> > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

> Kaveh Bazargan
> River Valley Technologies
> @kaveh1000
> +44 7771 824 111
> [hidden email]
> Please note new email ID

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Andre Garzia-3
Guys,

I've added a PDF quick guide that you can take a look at:

http://andregarzia.com/files/FacebookLib.pdf

This guide is included with the new version of the library. There is also
an update checked if you click on the version number. Current version is
1.5 so if you're not running it then you should download again.

Cheers

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
>> > works.
>> >
>> > You can learn more about it at:
>> >
>> > http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
>> >
>> > Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now
>> it
>> > relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I
>> will
>> > sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
>> > decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an
>> MVP.
>> >
>> > The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
>> > and photos to a user wall.
>> >
>> > I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib
>> available.
>> >
>> > Check them out and send any feedback my way.

Ken Ray

On May 1, 2014, at 1:51 PM, Andre Garzia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As said in the popular Sega Genesis game Altered Beast: "RISE FROM YOUR
> GRAVE!!!!!"
>
> Hey Folks,
>
> Long time no see! I missed you all and this is my "I am back" email. For
> the past year and a half I've been heavily involved with Mozilla, HTML5 and
> Firefox OS but I never forgot LiveCode or how much I love you all. I've
> been showing LiveCode to people all over the past year, everyone is always
> impressed.
>
> Well, back to business, there will be time for small talk later! I've
> managed to build a simple Facebook Library for LiveCode. Finally! And it
> works.
>
> You can learn more about it at:
>
> http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/facebooklib/
>
> Basically it allows you to post and get stuff from Facebook. Right now it
> relies on RevBrowser so its available only for Mac OS X and Windows. I will
> sort mobile shortly but since I knew that some people here needed this I
> decided to start selling it with the Desktop platform only. Call it an MVP.
>
> The library is there along with a sample stack that is able to post text
> and photos to a user wall.
>
> I've also made new bundles of DB Lib, AAG Tools and Facebook Lib available.
>
> Check them out and send any feedback my way.
>
> Cheers
> Andre
>
> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Ken Ray
Sorry about that … slip of the mouse…

:D

Re: [ANN] Facebook Lib

Richard Miller-5
Just reporting that I have had success with Andre's Facebook Lib in a
commercial product. Got it working on the Window's side as well, which
was initially a bit more challenging. And we received the necessary
approvals from Facebook..

Thanks, Andre!

Richard Miller