[ANN] Important: New release of LiveCode 8.1.6

[ANN] Important: New release of LiveCode 8.1.6

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi all,

Since the week beginning 21st August 2017, LiveCode iOS apps are being
rejected by iTunes Connect due to 'invalid binary'. It turns out that Apple
have upgraded the tools they use to analyse binaries, and this has shown an
error in the Mach-O structure of the 64-bit slice. The version of otool
with Xcode 6.x (on 10.9) does not show a problem, but newer versions do.

For this reason, we have built a new version of LiveCode 8.1.6 that
addresses this issue.

So if you have already installed the original LiveCode 8.1.6 and are
affected by this issue, please visit now

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

and download the latest 8.1.6 (STABLE), released on the 31st of August.

Best regards,
The LiveCode Team

RE: [ANN] Important: New release of LiveCode 8.1.6

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I would like to thank Panos, Mark et al. This is the type of support that the big boys can't(or won't) give.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: [ANN] Important: New release of LiveCode 8.1.6

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Perfect! Myself and Kee Nethery were just going around in circles trying to
resolve this. There also seemed to be a regression in tsNet being added but
not signed properly (and not showing up in the externals folder). I'm
hoping this solves that now.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*

'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
box!'
'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
but it is yourself!'

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

On 31 August 2017 at 14:08, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to thank Panos, Mark et al. This is the type of support that
> the big boys can't(or won't) give.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services
> [hidden email]

+1 from me - the LiveCode team have been MEGA - thank you all!!

Kind regards

Dave

> I would like to thank Panos, Mark et al. This is the type of support that the big boys can't(or won't) give.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services
> [hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4719057&i=0>

Is there anything that can be done in Xcode 8 to make it work for other versions of LiveCode?

> On Aug 31, 2017, at 3:42 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Since the week beginning 21st August 2017, LiveCode iOS apps are being
> rejected by iTunes Connect due to 'invalid binary'. It turns out that Apple
> have upgraded the tools they use to analyse binaries, and this has shown an
> error in the Mach-O structure of the 64-bit slice. The version of otool
> with Xcode 6.x (on 10.9) does not show a problem, but newer versions do.
>
> For this reason, we have built a new version of LiveCode 8.1.6 that
> addresses this issue.
>
> So if you have already installed the original LiveCode 8.1.6 and are
> affected by this issue, please visit now
>
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>
> and download the latest 8.1.6 (STABLE), released on the 31st of August.
>
> Best regards,
> The LiveCode Team

Re: [ANN] Important: New release of LiveCode 8.1.6

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Put it to one side and use another version. That's about all you can do.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*

'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
box!'
'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
but it is yourself!'

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609