[ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

[ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

Michael Doub
Enjoy!
     -= Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0

Release 8
*    Added reference page that incudes an ASCII table and Livecode Error
Codes
      (thanks to Peter M. Bingham for the materials and idea.)
*    Updated the version check to let you know if you are current rather
than just being silent.
*    Updated the filtering to allow you to select the handlers to be
inserted from within the filtered view
*    You can also override the filter to see only what handlers are
selected.
*    The double check now occurs on each insert request, not just when
nothing is selected.

Release 7
*    Added the following routines:
         __Clean
         __Thousands
         __UnThousands
         __Padded
         __Indent
         __MultiSortFields
         __ISODateTime
         __ISOtoSeconds
         __SecondsToISO
         __RecurseOverFolders
         __RelativePath
         __Overlap
     *  Corrected documentation for ISOnow()
     *    Added handler name filtering to help find routines buried in
the tree, but you still need to use the
             tree view to select the handlers to be inserted into your
library.

JB

Re: [ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

JB
Thank you, Mike!

You did a very nice job on it.

John Balgenorth

On Nov 14, 2014, at 12:15 PM, Michael Doub <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Enjoy!
>    -= Mike
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0
>

> Release 8
> *    Added reference page that incudes an ASCII table and Livecode Error Codes
>     (thanks to Peter M. Bingham for the materials and idea.)
> *    Updated the version check to let you know if you are current rather than just being silent.
> *    Updated the filtering to allow you to select the handlers to be inserted from within the filtered view
> *    You can also override the filter to see only what handlers are selected.
> *    The double check now occurs on each insert request, not just when nothing is selected.
>
> Release 7
> *    Added the following routines:
>        __Clean
>        __Thousands
>        __UnThousands
>        __Padded
>        __Indent
>        __MultiSortFields
>        __ISODateTime
>        __ISOtoSeconds
>        __SecondsToISO
>        __RecurseOverFolders
>        __RelativePath
>        __Overlap
>    *  Corrected documentation for ISOnow()
>    *    Added handler name filtering to help find routines buried in the tree, but you still need to use the
>            tree view to select the handlers to be inserted into your library.

Re: [ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

John
I just downloaded it and spent some time seeing what is there.  This took quite a bit of effort - thank you for sharing this.

John

Re: [ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

Robert Mann
Thanjs Michael, great job; I also started to tidy up everything in my libs.

How can we participate? submit?

I did not quite get it how one can append the topic list?
If we could, then we could use the same library stack for our own use, and easily share to you for appending, or directly to the community as specialized libraries.

Also for information I thought about another approach ::
-- load the whole set of libraries needed to code,
-- then have these copied manual or automated as library stacks for the app.
-- before actual launching of the app ;; "reduce" these libs : automatically eliminate all handlers which are not used to reduce the sizes of libs.
(although this would require a subtle routine to explore all objects recursively and test the whole list of handlers against scripts if any exist...)
food for thoughts,
Robert

Re: [ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

Michael Doub
I will be happy to add to the library.   Just send contributions to me
off list and I will be happy to integrate them in and push a release.

I seem to always find something to tinker with.   I found and fixed a
few more bugs this morning, as you might expect just AFTER I made a
version available.   So I added a new version check when the stack
opens.  Now I can slide in updates without polluting the list with
announcement messages.   I also enhanced the view code logic so the
selected handler is always visible.

I am not sure that I totally understand your comment about appending to
the topic list.   If you mean the topics that are the first level of the
tree view, they are nothing more than phrases picked up from the
stylized comments in the btn "Lib":

/* xxx yyy
Syntax:
Examples:
Source:
xxx */
/* Include
*/

yyy is the part that you called the topic.   It is really all words
after the xxx.

I thought of something similar to the approach that you suggested when I
was looking at the different ways to address the dependencies.   I
really wanted to automate that but I just don't have the compiler
building skills to put together a livecode parser that could do it
reliably.  Language parsers, another of the many things I would like to
better understand.   I ended up doing it the ol' brute force way.  Not
elegant, but it works.

Regards,
    Mike