[ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

Peter TB Brett
Hi all,

We are now operating an IRC channel for discussing LiveCode Open Source.
  Join us in the #livecode channel on the freenode IRC network.

You can join with an IRC client of your choice or by visiting:

https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#livecode

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Open Source Team

LiveCode 2016 Conference: https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

Mike Kerner
I'm bumping this thread.  Hey, y'all, you can have the the IRC client open
in a tab in your browser (just hit the link, above), and only check it when
you want.  More of us means maybe we get some more conversations going.
Yesterday and today, for example, Peter and I have been going back and
forth about some ideas for new blog posts.  A couple of people have jumped
in and asked questions about behaviors that they didn't understand, and
gotten answers right away, in a back-and-forth sort of way that you can't
get, quickly, from using the email forums.


On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Peter TB Brett <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are now operating an IRC channel for discussing LiveCode Open Source.
> Join us in the #livecode channel on the freenode IRC network.
>
> You can join with an IRC client of your choice or by visiting:
>
> https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#livecode
>
>                                         Peter
>
> --
> Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
> LiveCode Open Source Team
>
> LiveCode 2016 Conference: https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>



--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Sri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

Sri
Are the conversations archived? Or, is it realtime only?
Sri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

Sri
Oh, I guess the github link given there is the archive or the conversations!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

Dave Kilroy
In reply to this post by Mike Kerner
Hi Mike - I must be doing something wrong then - I've logged in about ten times over the last week or so (am logged in now) and never found any activity or got any responses... :(
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] New IRC channel for LiveCode Open Source users & contributors

Peter TB Brett


On 12/05/2016 23:11, Dave Kilroy wrote:
> Hi Mike - I must be doing something wrong then - I've logged in about ten
> times over the last week or so (am logged in now) and never found any
> activity or got any responses... :(

I'm always in the channel in office hours and will react if poked. ;-)

                                Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Open Source Team

LiveCode 2016 Conference https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode