[ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

[ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

RunRevPlanet
Hi,

I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site tricky sometimes.

So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites) onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead of using a search box.

You can find the page here:

http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html

In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.

Regards,
Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
www.runrevplanet.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

william humphrey-2
That's a terrific page. It just answered a question I had about PDF's --
LiveCode still can't import a PDF as a background in a card (like it can a
jpg or png). I believe there is a library of functions for PDF's which
someone made too. Under databases you might want to add links to some of
the youTube videos which show how to use LiveCode with Valentina.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM, RunRevPlanet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com

http://www.bluewatermaritime.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

dunbarxx
Obviously a labor of love, and greatly appreciated,

Craig Newman

That's a terrific page. It just answered a question I had about PDF's --
LiveCode still can't import a PDF as a background in a card (like it can a
jpg or png). I believe there is a library of functions for PDF's which
someone made too. Under databases you might want to add links to some of
the youTube videos which show how to use LiveCode with Valentina.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM, RunRevPlanet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com

http://www.bluewatermaritime.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Ray Horsley-2
I'd be very interested in that library if anybody knows where to find
it.  I can't find any support for PDF's within Livecode.

Anybody know where that library of functions is?

On 10/21/2013 9:55 AM, william humphrey wrote:

> That's a terrific page. It just answered a question I had about PDF's --
> LiveCode still can't import a PDF as a background in a card (like it can a
> jpg or png). I believe there is a library of functions for PDF's which
> someone made too. Under databases you might want to add links to some of
> the youTube videos which show how to use LiveCode with Valentina.
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM, RunRevPlanet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
>> tricky sometimes.
>>
>> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
>> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
>> of using a search box.
>>
>> You can find the page here:
>>
>> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>>
>> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> -----
>> Scott McDonald
>> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
>> www.runrevplanet.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Klaus major-k
Hi Ray,

Am 21.10.2013 um 16:15 schrieb Ray <[hidden email]>:

> I'd be very interested in that library if anybody knows where to find it.  I can't find any support for PDF's within Livecode.
> Anybody know where that library of functions is?

if you mean the Quartam PDF Library, get it here: <http://quartam.com>
Select "Quartam PDF Library" from the menu "Products".

But it will "only" let your create PDF files by script! 8-)

> On 10/21/2013 9:55 AM, william humphrey wrote:
>> That's a terrific page. It just answered a question I had about PDF's --
>> LiveCode still can't import a PDF as a background in a card (like it can a
>> jpg or png). I believe there is a library of functions for PDF's which
>> someone made too. Under databases you might want to add links to some of
>> the youTube videos which show how to use LiveCode with Valentina.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

AW: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Great work, highly appreciated!
And it looks like much manual work!
Tiemo

Auftrag

> von RunRevPlanet
> Gesendet: Montag, 21. Oktober 2013 13:08
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information
>
> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Ray Horsley-2
Thanks Klaus but yes, I was looking for something which will convert a
PDF to JPEG's or PNG's and give me a little control over the resolution.

I've found something which works well, img2pdf, a product by Very PDF,
but their developer license is $3000.00 to include it with both a Mac
and Windows distribution.  Ouch.

On 10/21/2013 10:35 AM, Klaus major-k wrote:

> Hi Ray,
>
> Am 21.10.2013 um 16:15 schrieb Ray <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I'd be very interested in that library if anybody knows where to find it.  I can't find any support for PDF's within Livecode.
>> Anybody know where that library of functions is?
> if you mean the Quartam PDF Library, get it here: <http://quartam.com>
> Select "Quartam PDF Library" from the menu "Products".
>
> But it will "only" let your create PDF files by script! 8-)
>
>> On 10/21/2013 9:55 AM, william humphrey wrote:
>>> That's a terrific page. It just answered a question I had about PDF's --
>>> LiveCode still can't import a PDF as a background in a card (like it can a
>>> jpg or png). I believe there is a library of functions for PDF's which
>>> someone made too. Under databases you might want to add links to some of
>>> the youTube videos which show how to use LiveCode with Valentina.
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Vaughn Clement
Hi Scott

Let me be the first to endorse your efforts to clear the clouds around the
usage of LiveCode documentation. One step for man one giant step for
LIveCode!

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

Am 21.10.2013 um 17:08 schrieb Ray <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Klaus but yes, I was looking for something which will convert a PDF to JPEG's or PNG's and give me a little control over the resolution.
>
> I've found something which works well, img2pdf, a product by Very PDF, but their developer license is $3000.00 to include it with both a Mac and Windows distribution.  Ouch.

Oops! 8-)

On the Mac you could use shell with SIPS -> man sips :-)
No idea about windows, maybe ImageMagick?

Am 21.10.2013 um 17:43 schrieb Klaus major-k <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Ray,
>
> Am 21.10.2013 um 17:08 schrieb Ray <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Thanks Klaus but yes, I was looking for something which will convert a PDF to JPEG's or PNG's and give me a little control over the resolution.
>>
>> I've found something which works well, img2pdf, a product by Very PDF, but their developer license is $3000.00 to include it with both a Mac and Windows distribution.  Ouch.
>
> Oops! 8-)
>
> On the Mac you could use shell with SIPS -> man sips :-)

no, sorry, just checked, PDF is not supported by SIPS...

> No idea about windows, maybe ImageMagick?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

RogGuay
Very useful and I love it! Thanks very much.

Roger

On Oct 21, 2013, at 4:07 AM, RunRevPlanet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Ray Horsley-2
Hi Klaus,

Thanks for checking on this.  I also believe ImageMagick requires
GhostScript which is an ordeal to install and I'm not sure how I would
get it installed with distributions of my standalone.  I'll probably
just end up paying for the Very PDF licenses since they're all inclusive.

Ray

On 10/21/2013 11:52 AM, Klaus major-k wrote:

> Hi Ray,
>
> Am 21.10.2013 um 17:43 schrieb Klaus major-k <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Ray,
>>
>> Am 21.10.2013 um 17:08 schrieb Ray <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Thanks Klaus but yes, I was looking for something which will convert a PDF to JPEG's or PNG's and give me a little control over the resolution.
>>>
>>> I've found something which works well, img2pdf, a product by Very PDF, but their developer license is $3000.00 to include it with both a Mac and Windows distribution.  Ouch.
>> Oops! 8-)
>>
>> On the Mac you could use shell with SIPS -> man sips :-)
> no, sorry, just checked, PDF is not supported by SIPS...
>
>> No idea about windows, maybe ImageMagick?
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

J. Landman Gay
On 10/21/13 6:07 AM, RunRevPlanet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.

Great job, very bookmarkable. RR should use it.

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Terence Heaford
Here's an interesting link:

"http://straylink.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/os-x-image-manipulation-convert-multi-page-pdf-with-sips-and-pdftk/"

All the best

Terry

On 21 Oct 2013, at 16:52, Klaus major-k <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ray,
>
> Am 21.10.2013 um 17:43 schrieb Klaus major-k <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Ray,
>>
>> Am 21.10.2013 um 17:08 schrieb Ray <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Thanks Klaus but yes, I was looking for something which will convert a PDF to JPEG's or PNG's and give me a little control over the resolution.
>>>
>>> I've found something which works well, img2pdf, a product by Very PDF, but their developer license is $3000.00 to include it with both a Mac and Windows distribution.  Ouch.
>>
>> Oops! 8-)
>>
>> On the Mac you could use shell with SIPS -> man sips :-)
>
> no, sorry, just checked, PDF is not supported by SIPS...
>
>> No idea about windows, maybe ImageMagick?
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 10/21/2013 02:07 PM, RunRevPlanet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com
> --

You have done a fantastic job: Thank you so much!

That went straight onto my Firefox toolbar :)

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Pierre Sahores-2
Congratulations and many thanks, Ray for this "à la JQuery" amazing useful LC reference site !

On 10/21/13 6:07 AM, RunRevPlanet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find navigating the extensive resources on the official LiveCode site
> tricky sometimes.
>
> So I have compiled all the important links from it (and a few other sites)
> onto a single webpage which I find is much easier to scan visually instead
> of using a search box.
>
> You can find the page here:
>
> http://livecodesupersite.com/tutorials.html
>
> In time I hope to expand it with many more links from other sources.

--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Pierre Sahores-2
Scott,

Sorry for the naming mistake ! Hopefully will RunRev reference your tutorials database site as an LC dedicated official resource !

(why did i type Ray ?) ;D

Pierre

--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

RunRevPlanet
Hi,

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

> Under databases you might want to add links to
> some of the youTube videos which show how to use
> LiveCode with Valentina.

William, that is an excellent idea. I will be adding more links, and YouTube videos will be among them. What you see today is only the start.

No worries, Pierre.

www.runrevplanet.com

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Ray Horsley-2
This is an interesting link and looks promising.  I'm a little concerned
though as to how such an installation would 'travel' with my stand alone.

On 10/21/2013 2:00 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:

> Here's an interesting link:
>
> "http://straylink.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/os-x-image-manipulation-convert-multi-page-pdf-with-sips-and-pdftk/"
>
> All the best
>
> Terry
>

> On 21 Oct 2013, at 16:52, Klaus major-k <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ray,
>>
>> Am 21.10.2013 um 17:43 schrieb Klaus major-k <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi Ray,

>>> Oops! 8-)
>>>
>>> On the Mac you could use shell with SIPS -> man sips :-)
>> no, sorry, just checked, PDF is not supported by SIPS...
>>
>>> No idea about windows, maybe ImageMagick?
>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>>
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Over 400 links to LiveCode information

Roger Eller
This is a wonderful new (already a favorite to me) resource.  This is an
overwhelming amount of links to keep updated by hand.  Are you using any
automation to poll each link once a day, or more so that you have immediate
notification that a resource has changed?

~Roger