[ANN] Release 8.1.10 RC-1

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.10 RC-1. Note 8.1.10
is the last planned release in the 8.x series.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================

LiveCode 8.1.10 RC-1 contains more than 10 bugfixes and improvements,
including:

- Implementation of a new mobile command
"mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations" to allow stacks that use the
"fullscreenMode" property to be resized when the device orientation changes.
- Support for building with Xcode 9.3 (using the latest iOS 11.3 SDK) has
been added
- New versions of mergExt* and tsNet externals are included, addressing a
couple of bugs.

Notes:

- Xcode 9.3 requires MacOS 10.13.2 or higher

The full release notes are available from:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_10/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_10_rc_1.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team

Re: [ANN] Release 8.1.10 RC-1

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
8.x or 8.1.x? I thought there was an 8.2 coming?

Bob S

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 06:55 , panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.10 RC-1. Note 8.1.10
> is the last planned release in the 8.x series.
>
> Getting the Release

Re: [ANN] Release 8.1.10 RC-1

On 4/17/2018 10:45 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> 8.x or 8.1.x? I thought there was an 8.2 coming?
>
> Bob S

 1. LiveCode has announces that there will not be an 8.2 release and
    that 8.1.10 is the last release in the 8.x.x series. With LC 9.0.0
    out, you will now see all new release built off from that code base.

Re: [ANN] Release 8.1.10 RC-1

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Thanks Paul. I guess I missed that announcement. Makes sense though now that LC9 is gold.

Bob S