Quantcast

[ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================

LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1 contains 83 bug fixes and stability improvements:

- Several crashes have been fixed.
- New version of tsNet (1.2.6) that addresses various network-related bugs
is included.
- Xcode 8.2 and iOS 10.2 support is added.
- Several clipboard-related bugs have been fixed.

The full release notes are available from:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_3/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf

Important Note:
If you have already downloaded tsNet 1.2.6 from the tsNet downloads page,
please make sure you download a new copy now, since the existing tsNet
1.2.6 bundles have been replaced.

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Hi Panos,

> Am 20.01.2017 um 18:26 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
>
> Getting the Release
> ===================
> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
> the automatic updater.

not there yet!? Or the page has not been updated?
https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

> Release Contents
> ================
>
> LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1 contains 83 bug fixes and stability improvements:
>
> - Several crashes have been fixed.
> - New version of tsNet (1.2.6) that addresses various network-related bugs
> is included.
> - Xcode 8.2 and iOS 10.2 support is added.
> - Several clipboard-related bugs have been fixed.
>
> The full release notes are available from:
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_3/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf
>
> Important Note:
> If you have already downloaded tsNet 1.2.6 from the tsNet downloads page,
> please make sure you download a new copy now, since the existing tsNet
> 1.2.6 bundles have been replaced.
>

> Feedback
> ========
> Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
> http://quality.livecode.com/
>

> Have fun!
> The LiveCode Team

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Marvellous . . . now, let's see . . .

Love, Richmond.

On 1/20/17 7:26 pm, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
>
> Getting the Release
> ===================
> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
> the automatic updater.
>

> Release Contents
> ================
>
> LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1 contains 83 bug fixes and stability improvements:
>
> - Several crashes have been fixed.
> - New version of tsNet (1.2.6) that addresses various network-related bugs
> is included.
> - Xcode 8.2 and iOS 10.2 support is added.
> - Several clipboard-related bugs have been fixed.
>
> The full release notes are available from:
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_3/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf
>
> Important Note:
> If you have already downloaded tsNet 1.2.6 from the tsNet downloads page,
> please make sure you download a new copy now, since the existing tsNet
> 1.2.6 bundles have been replaced.
>

> Feedback
> ========
> Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
> http://quality.livecode.com/
>

> Have fun!
> The LiveCode Team

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode

On 1/20/17 7:26 pm, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
>
> Getting the Release
> ===================
> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
> the automatic updater.
Not yet, you can't . . .

Quo Vadis?

Richmond.

> Release Contents
> ================
>
> LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1 contains 83 bug fixes and stability improvements:
>
> - Several crashes have been fixed.
> - New version of tsNet (1.2.6) that addresses various network-related bugs
> is included.
> - Xcode 8.2 and iOS 10.2 support is added.
> - Several clipboard-related bugs have been fixed.
>
> The full release notes are available from:
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_3/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf
>
> Important Note:
> If you have already downloaded tsNet 1.2.6 from the tsNet downloads page,
> please make sure you download a new copy now, since the existing tsNet
> 1.2.6 bundles have been replaced.
>

> Feedback
> ========
> Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
> http://quality.livecode.com/
>

> Have fun!
> The LiveCode Team

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Sorry guys, my bad. Try now :)

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/20/17 7:26 pm, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
>>
>> Getting the Release
>> ===================
>> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or
>> via
>> the automatic updater.
>>
> Not yet, you can't . . .
>
> Quo Vadis?
>
> Richmond.
>

>> Release Contents
>> ================
>>
>> LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1 contains 83 bug fixes and stability improvements:
>>
>> - Several crashes have been fixed.
>> - New version of tsNet (1.2.6) that addresses various network-related bugs
>> is included.
>> - Xcode 8.2 and iOS 10.2 support is added.
>> - Several clipboard-related bugs have been fixed.
>>
>> The full release notes are available from:
>> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_3/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf
>>
>> Important Note:
>> If you have already downloaded tsNet 1.2.6 from the tsNet downloads page,
>> please make sure you download a new copy now, since the existing tsNet
>> 1.2.6 bundles have been replaced.
>>

>> Feedback
>> ========
>> Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
>> http://quality.livecode.com/
>>

>> Have fun!
>> The LiveCode Team

Panagiotis Merakos <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Software Developer

Everyone Can Create Apps <https://livecode.com>

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Hi all,

> Am 20.01.2017 um 18:47 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Panos,
>
>> Am 20.01.2017 um 18:26 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
>>
>> Getting the Release
>> ===================
>> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
>> the automatic updater.
>
> not there yet!? Or the page has not been updated?
> https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

ah, now its there! :-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Add builtin implementation of field 'Select All' (8.1.3-rc-1)
The field control will now understand Cmd/Ctrl+A as the 'Select All' action - causing the whole text
of the field to be selected.

Nice. I had to workaround this.

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.

I just downloaded 8.1.3 rc-1 Business and the IDE is acting up. None of my
plugins load, can’t open PI for objects or edit scripts. Anybody else
seeing issues? I’ve also tried Indy.

--
Trevor DeVore
Outcome & ScreenSteps

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
@Trevor It works as expected for me, just tried Business and Indy in my
home laptop. What you describe sounds as a result of corrupted Prefs. Have
you tried trashing your existing Prefs?

(/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode.rev and
/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode7.rev)

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear list members,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
> >

> I just downloaded 8.1.3 rc-1 Business and the IDE is acting up. None of my
> plugins load, can’t open PI for objects or edit scripts. Anybody else
> seeing issues? I’ve also tried Indy.
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Outcome & ScreenSteps
> www.outcomeapp.io     -     www.screensteps.com

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

hlowe
Trevor,

Using 8.1.3 (RC 1) under Mac OS 10.12.2, all of my plug-ins are missing. Temporarily deleting preference file(s) did not help. All was well with 8.1.2.

Henry

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Hi Panos,

> Am 20.01.2017 um 18:26 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
> Have fun!
> The LiveCode Team

LC 8.1.3 RC1 does NOT show the user plugins, only LCs plugins inside of the app package!?
And these are not listed in the menu, only visible in the popup menu of the "Plug in settings" stack?

See screenshot:
<http://www.major-k.de/temp/no_user_plugins.jpg>

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
My previous message requires approval because I attached an image. So I
paste it here and put the image in a dropbox link:

=================
Hmm, that's strange. Could it be the case that the path to
MyLiveCode/Plugins is somehow reset in the Prefs?

I have just added Richard Gaskin's plugin in my Plugins folder, then
restarted LC and it is shown as expected.

Moreover, the full list of Plugins is shown in "Development -> Plugins"
menu item.

See attached screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xd5v0ic48iryne/Screen%20Shot%202017-01-20%20at%2019.05.02.png?dl=0

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 7:11 PM, panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hmm, that's strange. Could it be the case that the path to
> MyLiveCode/Plugins is somehow reset in the Prefs?
>
> I have just added Richard Gaskin's plugin in my Plugins folder, then
> restarted LC and it is shown as expected.
>
> Moreover, the full list of Plugins is shown in "Development -> Plugins"
> menu item.
>
> See attached screenshot.
>

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Panos,
>>
>> > Am 20.01.2017 um 18:26 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Dear list members,
>> >
>> > We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.3 RC 1.
>> > Have fun!
>> > The LiveCode Team
>>
>> LC 8.1.3 RC1 does NOT show the user plugins, only LCs plugins inside of
>> the app package!?
>> And these are not listed in the menu, only visible in the popup menu of
>> the "Plug in settings" stack?
>>
>> See screenshot:
>> <http://www.major-k.de/temp/no_user_plugins.jpg>
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>>
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Trevor It works as expected for me, just tried Business and Indy in my
> home laptop. What you describe sounds as a result of corrupted Prefs. Have
> you tried trashing your existing Prefs?
>
> (/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode.rev and
> /Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode7.rev)

I removed the prefs but it didn’t make a difference. Odd thing is a I have
older 8.1.3 rc-1 build that works. It is just recent 8.1.3 builds that
don’t work for me. Is there some sort of log I can look at to see if an
error is occurring during startup?

--
Trevor DeVore
Outcome & ScreenSteps
www.outcomeapp.io     -     www.screensteps.com

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
The startup log is stored in /Users/your_user_name/
Library/Logs/RunRev/LiveCodeToolsLog.txt

This file should be quite large, so scroll down to see the most recent
startup log.

Since a couple of you guys are seeing your user Plugins not showing, I
would suggest you file a bug report so as we investigate this further.

@Trevor Are you still unable to open the PI for objects and edit scripts?

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > @Trevor It works as expected for me, just tried Business and Indy in my
> > home laptop. What you describe sounds as a result of corrupted Prefs.
> Have
> > you tried trashing your existing Prefs?
> >
> > (/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode.rev and
> > /Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode7.rev)
>

> I removed the prefs but it didn’t make a difference. Odd thing is a I have
> older 8.1.3 rc-1 build that works. It is just recent 8.1.3 builds that
> don’t work for me. Is there some sort of log I can look at to see if an
> error is occurring during startup?
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Outcome & ScreenSteps
> www.outcomeapp.io     -     www.screensteps.com

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Everything is working correctly for me with LC8.1.3 (rc-1) build 14015 on OSX Sierra 10.12.2. I don’t have too many plugins installed, but all the standard ones, my own and lcStackBrowser are all available and working as expected.

Paul

> On 20 Jan 2017, at 11:22, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> @Trevor It works as expected for me, just tried Business and Indy in my
>> home laptop. What you describe sounds as a result of corrupted Prefs. Have
>> you tried trashing your existing Prefs?
>>
>> (/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode.rev and
>> /Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/RunRev/livecode7.rev)
>

> I removed the prefs but it didn’t make a difference. Odd thing is a I have
> older 8.1.3 rc-1 build that works. It is just recent 8.1.3 builds that
> don’t work for me. Is there some sort of log I can look at to see if an
> error is occurring during startup?
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Outcome & ScreenSteps
> www.outcomeapp.io     -     www.screensteps.com

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 1:32 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The startup log is stored in /Users/your_user_name/
> Library/Logs/RunRev/LiveCodeToolsLog.txt
>
> This file should be quite large, so scroll down to see the most recent
> startup log.
>
> Since a couple of you guys are seeing your user Plugins not showing, I
> would suggest you file a bug report so as we investigate this further.
>
> @Trevor Are you still unable to open the PI for objects and edit scripts?

I was able to get things working by doing the following:

1. Quit LiveCode
2. Duplicate my “plugins" folder to “plugins copy”.
3. Remove all files/folders from “plugins” folder.
4. Start LiveCode. Plugins that ship with LIveCode load again.
5. Quit LiveCode.
6. Start adding plugins from “plugins copy” folder to “plugins” folder and
relaunching LiveCode.

I was able to add every plugin back in and now everything works as before.
Plugins load, PI works, contextual menus work, etc.

[hidden email]> wrote:

> The startup log is stored in /Users/your_user_name/
> Library/Logs/RunRev/LiveCodeToolsLog.txt

Here is the error. I’ll submit a bug report, although I can’t reproduce it
now that I reset my plugins folder.

    Enter Plug-Ins Initialisation
      Error 573,804,1,revSEObjectDeleted
      241,804,1,revIDEUpdateScriptEditorOnObjectDeletion
      353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Business 8.1.3 (rc
1).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/libraries/revbackscriptlibrary.livecodescript"
      573,796,1,revIDEUpdateScriptEditorOnObjectDeletion
      241,796,1,revIDEHandleObjectDeleted
      353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Business 8.1.3 (rc
1).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/libraries/revbackscriptlibrary.livecodescript"
      573,877,1,revIDEHandleObjectDeleted
      241,877,1,deleteStack
      353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Business 8.1.3 (rc
1).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/libraries/revbackscriptlibrary.livecodescript"
      347,0,0,stack "rIDEtree" of stack
"/Users/trevordevore/Dropbox/LiveCode/plugins/rIDE.livecode"
      76,6472,1
      253,6472,1
      253,6472,1
      490,6472,1
      241,6453,1,revIDEUpdatePlugins
      353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Business 8.1.3 (rc
1).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/libraries/revidelibrary.8.livecodescript"
      573,1635,1,revIDEUpdatePlugins
      241,1635,1,revInternal__InitialisePlugIns
      353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Business 8.1.3 (rc
1).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/home.livecodescript"
      573,205,1,revInternal__InitialisePlugIns
      253,205,1

--
Trevor DeVore
Outcome & ScreenSteps
www.outcomeapp.io     -     www.screensteps.com

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

Dan Friedman via use-livecode

http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19120

--
Trevor DeVore
Outcome & ScreenSteps

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

hlowe
I followed the advice about emptying the Plugins folder then adding back my user plugins. Everything works as expected until I add back the DataGrid Helper plugin 'ASG_DataGrid_Helper 2.1.rev'. If that file is in my Plugins folder the other user plugins will not load. DataGrid Helper was working fine in 8.1.2. Perhaps this is an incompatibility between DataGrid Helper and LC 8.1.3 (RC-1)?

Henry

Re: [ ANN ] Release 8.1.3 RC-1

jameshale
I can confirm the interaction with the Data Grid Helper plugin.
When I removed my copy everything appeared as expected.
If I left it in I got nothing under the plugins menu.
Added some log excerpts to bugzilla report http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19120