[ANN] Release 8.1.6

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Dear List Members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.6 Stable. By
"Stable", we mean that no reported regressions have been introduced in
8.1.6, compared to the previous Stable release.

LiveCode 8.1.6 contains 38 extra bug fixes and new features, compared to
LiveCode 8.1.5.

You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Warmest regards,
The LiveCode Team

Re: Release 8.1.6

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Still making a "ham sandwich" of snapshot export:

I have a group called "pp" right in the middle of a stack, but this:

exportsnapshot from group"pp" toimg "Nova.png" as PNG

give this:

Message execution error:

Error description: Chunk: no such object

Not very good.

Re: Release 8.1.6

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Richmond,

> Am 01.08.2017 um 10:25 schrieb Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Still making a "ham sandwich" of snapshot export:
> I have a group called "pp" right in the middle of a stack, but this:
> exportsnapshot from group"pp" toimg "Nova.png" as PNG
> give this:
> Message execution error:
> Error description: Chunk: no such object
> Not very good.

after adding some SPACES, this line worked for me in LC 8.1.6 on macOS 10.12.6:
export snapshot from group "pp" to img 2 as PNG
Very good. :-)

> Richmond.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Release 8.1.6

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Mine had spaces, but the copy-paste from LC to Thunderbird . . .

I DID find that in7.1.4 this did NOT work either:

export snapshot from group "pp" to img "Nova.png" as PNG

BUT this did:

export snapshot from group "pp" to file "Nova.png" as PNG

Richmond.

On 8/1/17 11:39 am, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
>> Am 01.08.2017 um 10:25 schrieb Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Still making a "ham sandwich" of snapshot export:
>> I have a group called "pp" right in the middle of a stack, but this:
>> exportsnapshot from group"pp" toimg "Nova.png" as PNG
>> give this:
>> Message execution error:
>> Error description: Chunk: no such object
>> Not very good.
> after adding some SPACES, this line worked for me in LC 8.1.6 on macOS 10.12.6:
> export snapshot from group "pp" to img 2 as PNG
> Very good. :-)
>
>> Richmond.
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: Release 8.1.6

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
if there is no img "Nova.png" then create img "Nova.png"

A file is created by LiveCode if not existing,
but NOT an image, it has to be created by you.