[ANN] Release 9.0.1

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.0.1 STABLE.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
LiveCode 9.0.1 STABLE contains more than 100 bugfixes and improvements
compared to the previous (9.0.0) STABLE version.

The full release notes are available from:
https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/9_0_1/LiveCodeNotes-9_0_1.pdf

Known issues
================
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
yet.

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team

Re: [ANN] Release 9.0.1

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
On Mac will this work with xcode 9.4.1 or 9.4 only?

regards
alex

On 12/9/18 10:59 pm, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.0.1 STABLE.
>

> Getting the Release
> ===================
> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
> the automatic updater.
>

> Release Contents
> ================
> LiveCode 9.0.1 STABLE contains more than 100 bugfixes and improvements
> compared to the previous (9.0.0) STABLE version.
>
> The full release notes are available from:
> https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/9_0_1/LiveCodeNotes-9_0_1.pdf
>

> Known issues
> ================
> - The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
> yet.
>

> Feedback
> ========
> Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
> http://quality.livecode.com/
>

> Have fun!
> The LiveCode Team

Re: [ANN] Release 9.0.1

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Hello Alex,

Sorry, I thought I had replied already.

Yes, if you are on MacOS High Sierra you have to use either Xcode 9.4 or
9.4.1. Just make sure the command line tools (Xcode -> Preferences ->
Locations -> Command Line Tools) you use matches the Xcode version.

Best,
Panos

RE: [ANN] Release 9.0.1

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Did simple update to 9.0.1 and couldn't test on device(iPhone) . I was very
surprised by this.
"Mobile Support" showed red and the Android SDK path was empty.
Would have been nice to have warning (even though release notes do show
change to 9.4(9/0/1) from 9.2(9.0.0)). Sort of a big change going to an
X.X.1?

Downloaded new xCode (hours!) and added it to "Mobile Support" and was good
to go. Glad I wasn't in a hurry.
Also, I ended up having to redownload Android Studio (not quite as long but
I didn't hang around). Default install loads API 28 and gives warnings when
trying to link(?). Ended up loading API 26 & 15 before I could repoint to
Android SDK.

Maybe add a "Required support file upgrades from previous version" note to
the release notes?

Jim

Re: [ANN] Release 9.0.1

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode

> On 18 Sep 2018, at 1:42 am, Jim MacConnell via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Did simple update to 9.0.1 and couldn't test on device(iPhone) . I was very
> surprised by this.
> "Mobile Support" showed red and the Android SDK path was empty.
> Would have been nice to have warning (even though release notes do show
> change to 9.4(9/0/1) from 9.2(9.0.0)). Sort of a big change going to an
> X.X.1?
>
> Downloaded new xCode (hours!) and added it to "Mobile Support" and was good
> to go. Glad I wasn't in a hurry.

There is a section in the release notes (Platform Support > iOS) detailing the versions of Xcode required for the release. We often add support for new iOS SDKs in maintenance releases.

> Also, I ended up having to redownload Android Studio (not quite as long but
> I didn't hang around). Default install loads API 28 and gives warnings when
> trying to link(?). Ended up loading API 26 & 15 before I could repoint to
> Android SDK.
>
> Maybe add a "Required support file upgrades from previous version" note to
> the release notes?

I agree the android section should note the required API so that people can ensure they have it.

Cheers

Monte