[ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

Tom Glod via use-livecode
I meant say links at

https://xcodereleases.com/

Do NOT appear to be malicious,

https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_11.1_GM_Seed/Xcode_11.1_GM_Seed.xip

but are a few weeks out of date.

BR

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

Tom Glod via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Tom Glod via use-livecode
@Brahmanathaswami

When do you get this error? When building the standalone, or when
installing it to device?

Regards,
Panos
--



On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 00:45, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The web site was getting the links from apple. This does appear to be
> malicious, but does appear to an earlier build (mod sep 29 or so)
>
>
> https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_11.1_GM_Seed/Xcode_11.1_GM_Seed.xip
>
> @Matthias -- this is what I get when following your route using "more"
>
>
> https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_11.1/Xcode_11.1.xip
>
> in any case, case, my first build I am getting
>
> =============
> Your application failed code-signing
> check. Check your certificates,
> provisioning profiles, and bundles ids.
> ================
> sigh…
>
>  I can't find on my hard drive Panos' terminal command for checking them
> out…
>
> I am using the same certs, profiles and bundles ID for the  app I just got
> approved for the store (1.6) in 9.5 and Xcode 10.1
>
> I try again using the 11.1  not the " Xcode_11.1_GM_Seed.xip" version.
>
> Here we go again on Apple's treadmill.  :-)
>
> BR
> Just the other day I copied an Xcode package from another computer via
> airdrop and it wouldn’t even install/extract.  It complained that it wasn’t
> from Apple.
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

Tom Glod via use-livecode
> =============
> Your application failed code-signing
> check. Check your certificates,
> provisioning profiles, and bundles ids.
> ================

@Brahmanathaswami

When do you get this error? When building the standalone, or when
installing it to device?

Regards,
Panos
--

When try to install it to device, I thought worked before in 9.5.1 (rc 1)

I looked over all your posts to the list and found one which suggest we use a iOS development profile

So I made a new certificate and create a development profile, installed that and chose it from the SA panel.
No go…. same error. Next I read the release note…. since XCode 10.1 was supported I tried that… 11.1,SDK 12.1 "green" - 10.1 SKD 12.1 now to "red" e.g. not accepted on mobile preferences. I went back to 11.1, and using the Development profile (I turned off "Beta Text") . I got the "intuition" that I should shut down after reboot. This time trying with the iOS development tool it went through and asked for a pass word to allow LC to use the certificate … (it is doing "sudo" in the background) I gave it my admin pass word and "always allows" and it installed on the phone. Yay!

But to my "dismay" the mobileCreatePlayer causes the app to crash….  which was the whole purpose of my grade, to get audio work on iPhone 7 and 8…

Anyway:

If you installed Catalina. Don’t make the mistake in thinking that your KeyChain has been ported automatically. You should re-install your certificates, reboot, then things will start to work. (my guess)

Meanwhile, can you post again the  terminal command for check the profiles. I have lost them somewhere and don't find them on the list.


.

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hello Brahmanathaswami,

Not sure which terminal commands you are referring to, maybe these:

```
IOS INVALID ENTITLEMENTS

1. Use the codesign tool to check the entitlements on the .app bundle:
Type in a terminal:

codesign -d --entitlements :- /path/to/yourApp.app

2. Use the security tool to check the entitlements of the app's embedded
provisioning profile:
Type in a terminal:

security cms -D -i /path/to/yourApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision

- Then see if there is an entitlement that is present in (1) but not in (2).

```
Now, regarding the crash you still get with mobileControlCreate, I would
suggest you file a bug report with a sample stack and audio file.

I had tested the new iOS player with both audio and video before releasing
9.6 dp1, with both local and remote files, and had no issues.

BTW I suggest you make sure the command line tools you use are the ones of
Xcode 11.1.

What is the output of this terminal command?

xcode-select -p

Best,
Panos

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019, 22:12 Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > =============
> > Your application failed code-signing
> > check. Check your certificates,
> > provisioning profiles, and bundles ids.
> > ================
>
> @Brahmanathaswami
>
> When do you get this error? When building the standalone, or when
> installing it to device?
>
> Regards,
> Panos
> --
>
> When try to install it to device, I thought worked before in 9.5.1 (rc 1)
>
> I looked over all your posts to the list and found one which suggest we
> use a iOS development profile
>
> So I made a new certificate and create a development profile, installed
> that and chose it from the SA panel.
> No go…. same error. Next I read the release note…. since XCode 10.1 was
> supported I tried that… 11.1,SDK 12.1 "green" - 10.1 SKD 12.1 now to "red"
> e.g. not accepted on mobile preferences. I went back to 11.1, and using the
> Development profile (I turned off "Beta Text") . I got the "intuition" that
> I should shut down after reboot. This time trying with the iOS development
> tool it went through and asked for a pass word to allow LC to use the
> certificate … (it is doing "sudo" in the background) I gave it my admin
> pass word and "always allows" and it installed on the phone. Yay!
>
> But to my "dismay" the mobileCreatePlayer causes the app to crash….  which
> was the whole purpose of my grade, to get audio work on iPhone 7 and 8…
>
> Anyway:
>
> If you installed Catalina. Don’t make the mistake in thinking that your
> KeyChain has been ported automatically. You should re-install your
> certificates, reboot, then things will start to work. (my guess)
>
> Meanwhile, can you post again the  terminal command for check the
> profiles. I have lost them somewhere and don't find them on the list.
>
>
> .
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Aloha Panos

1) Right, the IOS INVALID ENTITLEMENTS were the ones I was looking. I’ll be sure the save them where I can find them again

2) Yes, I will file a bug report after I am sure that the library (which Jacque made originally) is using the correct code for the AVfoundation,  something may have changed.

3) Terminal
@ xcode-select -p
[returns]
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

# when I installed Xcode, I was prompted for "additional tools" to download and install, which I did. So, I think we are good.

Thanks for all that you do!

BR





Hello Brahmanathaswami,

Not sure which terminal commands you are referring to, maybe these:

```
IOS INVALID ENTITLEMENTS

1. Use the codesign tool to check the entitlements on the .app bundle:
Type in a terminal:

codesign -d --entitlements :- /path/to/yourApp.app

2. Use the security tool to check the entitlements of the app's embedded
provisioning profile:
Type in a terminal:

security cms -D -i /path/to/yourApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision

- Then see if there is an entitlement that is present in (1) but not in (2).

```
Now, regarding the crash you still get with mobileControlCreate, I would
suggest you file a bug report with a sample stack and audio file.

I had tested the new iOS player with both audio and video before releasing
9.6 dp1, with both local and remote files, and had no issues.

BTW I suggest you make sure the command line tools you use are the ones of
Xcode 11.1.

What is the output of this terminal command?

xcode-select -p

Best,
Panos

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-1

Tom Glod via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Tom Glod via use-livecode
On 11/26/19 3:26 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
> I have a couple and at least one is directly targeted at mobile (7154).  6404 is Vulcan reviewed but not yet merged (and is the oldest one I have outstanding).  Both are widget updates.
>
> For the IDE I only have 1987 which had a conflict that I just resolved (allow nesting of DG behaviors).

Since the beginning of July 2019 I have:

15 sitting in the IDE queue waiting for review.

And 5 in the engine queue, 4 waiting for review, 1 that for some reason
failed the Travis check for not having environment variables set
(#7157). Not sure how to force a rebuild on Travis without a bogus
commit. One of my engine pull requests, though, (#7127) is waiting on
the team's use of a modern linux version, and that apparently is waiting
on CEF support.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
12