[ANN] Valentina Studio now is Mac App Store

[ANN] Valentina Studio now is Mac App Store

Ruslan Zasukhin-2
Hi All,

We have gone review and now Valentina Studio (free).
can be found in Mac App Store  :-)

Let me remind, that Valentina Studio 5.1,
is a free GUI Manager for such databases as:
     mySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and, of course, Valentina.

<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/valentina-studio/id604825918?ls=1&mt=12>

If you already have installed Valentina Studio on your MAC,
then MAS version will replace that one at its location on disk.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology
Paradigma Software, Inc

http://www.paradigmasoft.com

[I feel the need: the need for speed]

Re: [ANN] Valentina Studio now is Mac App Store

Klaus on-rev
Hi Ruslan,

Am 22.03.2013 um 23:08 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin <[hidden email]>:

> Hi All,
>
> We have gone review and now Valentina Studio (free).
> can be found in Mac App Store  :-)
>
> Let me remind, that Valentina Studio 5.1,
> is a free GUI Manager for such databases as:
>     mySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and, of course, Valentina.
>
> <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/valentina-studio/id604825918?ls=1&mt=12>
>
> If you already have installed Valentina Studio on your MAC,
> then MAS version will replace that one at its location on disk.

is this compatible with the current version of SQLite used in Livecode?

I tried some other free db management tools, but the resulting database files
were not readable/usable with Livecode unfortunately.

Thanks!

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin
> VP Engineering and New Technology
> Paradigma Software, Inc

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Valentina Studio now is Mac App Store

Thierry Douez
Hallo Klaus,

I'm currently working on a project with LC and SQLITE and
I'm using Valentina Studio 5.0 and now 5.1 with success!

I'm quite happy with it. (on Mac)
Having tried few SQLITE GUI managers, it's my preferate so far..

My 2 cents

Thierry

2013/3/23 Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> > We have gone review and now Valentina Studio (free).
> > can be found in Mac App Store  :-)
> >
> > Let me remind, that Valentina Studio 5.1,
> > is a free GUI Manager for such databases as:
> >     mySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and, of course, Valentina
>
> is this compatible with the current version of SQLite used in Livecode?
>
> Thanks!

Re: [ANN] Valentina Studio now is Mac App Store

Klaus on-rev
Bonjour Thierry,

Am 23.03.2013 um 10:38 schrieb Thierry Douez <[hidden email]>:

> Hallo Klaus,
>
> I'm currently working on a project with LC and SQLITE and
> I'm using Valentina Studio 5.0 and now 5.1 with success!
>
> I'm quite happy with it. (on Mac)
> Having tried few SQLITE GUI managers, it's my preferate so far..

this is good news, merci beaucoup, mon ami!

There had been some discussion about this (current version of LC SQLite
not uptdate with actual SQLite version, unicode etc...), so i really wanted to ask
before I wreck my db files ;-)

Again thank you!

> My 2 cents
>
> Thierry

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Valentina Studio now is Mac App Store

Thierry Douez
2013/3/23 Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]>

> Bonjour Thierry,
>
> Am 23.03.2013 um 10:38 schrieb Thierry Douez <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hallo Klaus,
> >
> > I'm currently working on a project with LC and SQLITE and
> > I'm using Valentina Studio 5.0 and now 5.1 with success!
> >
> > I'm quite happy with it. (on Mac)
> > Having tried few SQLITE GUI managers, it's my preferate so far..
>
> this is good news, merci beaucoup, mon ami!
>
> There had been some discussion about this (current version of LC SQLite
> not uptdate with actual SQLite version, unicode etc...), so i really
> wanted to ask
> before I wreck my db files ;-)

Well, AFAIK, this is related to LC sqlite external not being updated with
the latest sqlite versions. So, not related at all with any GUI manager.

But you can also save your sqlite DBs before :)

Again thank you!

Gern geschehen!

Thierry

Am 23.03.2013 um 10:50 schrieb Thierry Douez <[hidden email]>:

> 2013/3/23 Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]>
>> Bonjour Thierry,
>> Am 23.03.2013 um 10:38 schrieb Thierry Douez <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hallo Klaus,
>>> I'm currently working on a project with LC and SQLITE and
>>> I'm using Valentina Studio 5.0 and now 5.1 with success!
>>> I'm quite happy with it. (on Mac)
>>> Having tried few SQLITE GUI managers, it's my preferate so far..
>> this is good news, merci beaucoup, mon ami!
>> There had been some discussion about this (current version of LC SQLite
>> not uptdate with actual SQLite version, unicode etc...), so i really
>> wanted to ask
>> before I wreck my db files ;-)
> Well, AFAIK, this is related to LC sqlite external not being updated with
> the latest sqlite versions. So, not related at all with any GUI manager.

Yes, that's what I meant.

> But you can also save your sqlite DBs before :)

8-)

>> Again thank you!
> Gern geschehen!
>
> Thierry

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [ANN] Valentina Studio now in Mac App Store

Ruslan Zasukhin-2
On 3/23/13 11:38 AM, "Thierry Douez" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hallo Klaus,
Hi Thierry,

> I'm currently working on a project with LC and SQLITE and
> I'm using Valentina Studio 5.0 and now 5.1 with success!
>
> I'm quite happy with it. (on Mac)
> Having tried few SQLITE GUI managers, it's my preferate so far..

This good news :)

Valentina Studio tend to use latest version of SQLite engine.
It is compiled inside of vstudio.

Also inside of vstudio are compiled a lots of extensions to SQLite, so
vstudio is ready to work with such dbs.

Also exists dialog where you can add more extensions if you needed.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology
Paradigma Software, Inc

http://www.paradigmasoft.com

[I feel the need: the need for speed]

Re: [ANN] Valentina Studio now in Mac App Store

Ruslan Zasukhin-2
On 3/23/13 11:38 AM, "Thierry Douez" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Thierry,

> I'm currently working on a project with LC and SQLITE and
> I'm using Valentina Studio 5.0 and now 5.1 with success!
>
> I'm quite happy with it. (on Mac)
> Having tried few SQLITE GUI managers, it's my preferate so far..

Have you see power of Related Data Editor?
You should have Foreign Keys between tables for this of course.

SQLEditor?

Query Builder - do you use it with SQLite?

Daigrams for your DB?

Any yet feature requests? May be you have see something in other apps that
can be good to add to Valentina Studio?

Any confusing places?

Thank you for feedback.