[ANN] guides for positioning of controls

[ANN] guides for positioning of controls

BNig
I was asked by Rolf Kocherhans if one could do a guide system when doing the layout of controls on a card.
Here is a plugin that does that: once the plugin is started any control you select in edit mode can be moved around and controls that have matching positions for left, top, right bottom and middle will be indicated by guides

Just start the stack, when opening for the first time it will ask if you want to move it to the plugin folder. Once that is done you can choose the plugin from Development -> Plugins -> bnGuides

-------------------------
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/guides/bnGuides_0_4.livecode.zip
-------------------------

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: [ANN] guides for positioning of controls

[-hh]
Excellent tool, I like it. Makes positioning easy and fast.
And: also tested to work on RaspberryPi 3 ;-)

H.

Re: [ANN] guides for positioning of controls

Peter TB Brett
On 23/03/2016 21:26, BNig wrote:

> I was asked by Rolf Kocherhans if one could do a guide system when doing the
> layout of controls on a card.
> Here is a plugin that does that: once the plugin is started any control you
> select in edit mode can be moved around and controls that have matching
> positions for left, top, right bottom and middle will be indicated by guides
>
> Just start the stack, when opening for the first time it will ask if you
> want to move it to the plugin folder. Once that is done you can choose the
> plugin from Development -> Plugins -> bnGuides
>
> -------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/guides/bnGuides_0_4.livecode.zip
> -------------------------

Hi Bernd,

Unfortunately that link is broken for me!  Is it working for you?

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Open Source Team

LiveCode 2016 Conference https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/

Re: [ANN] guides for positioning of controls

BNig
Peter TB Brett wrote
> -------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/guides/bnGuides_0_4.livecode.zip
> -------------------------

Hi Bernd,

Unfortunately that link is broken for me!  Is it working for you?

                                         Peter
Please try again, I saw from the logs that someone had a 404 while I was uploading a correction for a typo.

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: [ANN] guides for positioning of controls

Thierry Douez
Hallo Bernd,

Ich gratuliere dir zu diesem Plug-In.
Gro├čartig!

Nice piece of art, kudos :)

Thierry

BNig <[hidden email]>:

> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/guides/bnGuides_0_4.livecode.zip
> -------------------------
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

Re: [ANN] guides for positioning of controls

BNig
Thierry Douez wrote
Nice piece of art, kudos :)

Thierry
Thanks for kind comments.

Sorry, yesterday while I wanted to change a typo in the dialog for auto install of the stack as plugin I broke inadvertendly the install mechanism.

The installation into the plugins folder should now proceed correctly after the first start of the stack.

apart from the installation problems the functionality of the plugin was not affected. So if anyone had to do a manual install of the stack in the plugin folder then it is all fine.

The new, corrected version uses the same URL