[ANN] homemade slider

BNig
Dear List,

sometimes one needs a custom slider for either mobile or desktop.

I made one that can be "skinned" in many ways. It is horizontal only.
Can also be used as progress bar.

-------------------------------
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_6.livecode.zip
-------------------------------

Feedback welcome

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

RogGuay
That is very cool! Thank you, Bernd
.

> On Dec 7, 2014, at 3:58 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear List,
>
> sometimes one needs a custom slider for either mobile or desktop.
>
> I made one that can be "skinned" in many ways. It is horizontal only.
> Can also be used as progress bar.
>
> -------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_6.livecode.zip
> -------------------------------
>
> Feedback welcome
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Jerry Jensen
Very handy! I need a sliding on-off switch, and this will work perfectly!
Thanks,
Jerry

On Dec 7, 2014, at 3:58 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> sometimes one needs a custom slider for either mobile or desktop.
>
> I made one that can be "skinned" in many ways. It is horizontal only.
> Can also be used as progress bar.
>
> -------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_6.livecode.zip
> -------------------------------
>
> Feedback welcome
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

BNig
Thanks Roger, Jerry

@Jerry, yes a on-off switch is what I had in mind with the examples on card 3.

with a strong feedback, maybe a bit over the top, can be adjusted.

but currently the visual cues are so subtle that one needs a loupe + premonition to find them

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Peter Haworth
Very nice Bernd, thanks.

One suggestion.  Right now, if you click anywhere on the slider outside the
thumb, the thumb moves to the beginning or end.  Would be good if the thumb
movement was a factor of where you click on the slider and min/max values.

For example, if you clicked 2/3rds of the way along the slider, the thumb
would move to where you click and the value (if visible) would be 2/3ds of
the way between the min/max values.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> sometimes one needs a custom slider for either mobile or desktop.
>
> I made one that can be "skinned" in many ways. It is horizontal only.
> Can also be used as progress bar.
>
> -------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_6.livecode.zip
> -------------------------------
>
> Feedback welcome
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

BNig
Thanks Pete,

I like that idea, will probably include an option to choose between "go to end" or "go to click"
I was a little transfixed by the idea of a switch.
Kind regards
Bernd
Peter Haworth wrote
Very nice Bernd, thanks.

One suggestion.  Right now, if you click anywhere on the slider outside the
thumb, the thumb moves to the beginning or end.  Would be good if the thumb
movement was a factor of where you click on the slider and min/max values.

For example, if you clicked 2/3rds of the way along the slider, the thumb
would move to where you click and the value (if visible) would be 2/3ds of
the way between the min/max values.

Pete

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> sometimes one needs a custom slider for either mobile or desktop.
>
> I made one that can be "skinned" in many ways. It is horizontal only.
> Can also be used as progress bar.
>
> -------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_6.livecode.zip
> -------------------------------
>
> Feedback welcome
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Peter Haworth
Thanks Bernd.  After looking through your code a bit more, I think the
logic is already there in the calculateThumbPosition handler of the sbThumb
graphic of the slider.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Pete,
>
> I like that idea, will probably include an option to choose between "go to
> end" or "go to click"
> I was a little transfixed by the idea of a switch.
> Kind regards
> Bernd
>
> Peter Haworth wrote
> > Very nice Bernd, thanks.
> >
> > One suggestion.  Right now, if you click anywhere on the slider outside
> > the
> > thumb, the thumb moves to the beginning or end.  Would be good if the
> > thumb
> > movement was a factor of where you click on the slider and min/max
> values.
> >
> > For example, if you clicked 2/3rds of the way along the slider, the thumb
> > would move to where you click and the value (if visible) would be 2/3ds
> of
> > the way between the min/max values.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM, BNig &lt;
>
> > bernd.niggemann@
>
> > &gt; wrote:
> >
> >> Dear List,
> >>
> >> sometimes one needs a custom slider for either mobile or desktop.
> >>
> >> I made one that can be "skinned" in many ways. It is horizontal only.
> >> Can also be used as progress bar.
> >>
> >> -------------------------------
> >>
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_6.livecode.zip
> >> -------------------------------
> >>
> >> Feedback welcome
> >>
> >> Kind regards
> >> Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Dave Kilroy
Thanks Bernd - very nice indeed :)
Peter M. Brigham

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Marek
Thanks a lot Bernd. Perfect!

Marek

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

BNig
Dave, Marek,

thank you.

The customSlider feature that Pete suggested is in the making. I think it is a very useful feature to be able to tab/click in the slider and the thumb moves to that position. Alternatively you can make the thumb move to the right/left end position as in a switch.

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Dave Kilroy
Bernd - I love it! Looks really great and functions v nice (only thing is if I use it I'll have to make the rest of the GUI as pretty...)

Kind regards

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

BNig
Here is a new version of homemade slider as promised
version 0_8

optionally switch behavior when clicking into back of slider
either "switch mode" moving thumb to either end or moving slider to clickLoc.
Some code tweaks and some new examples.

--------------------------------
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_8.livecode.zip
--------------------------------

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

RogGuay
Thanks again, Bernd. This is a BIG timesaver!

Roger

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 1:54 AM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here is a new version of homemade slider as promised
> version 0_8
>
> optionally switch behavior when clicking into back of slider
> either "switch mode" moving thumb to either end or moving slider to
> clickLoc.
> Some code tweaks and some new examples.
>
> --------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_8.livecode.zip

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

J. Landman Gay
On 12/11/2014, 3:54 AM, BNig wrote:

> Here is a new version of homemade slider as promised
> version 0_8
>
> optionally switch behavior when clicking into back of slider
> either "switch mode" moving thumb to either end or moving slider to
> clickLoc.
> Some code tweaks and some new examples.
>
> --------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_8.livecode.zip
> --------------------------------

Very nice, Bernd. And useful.

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Wprothero
Looks very useful. Thanks!
Bill

On Dec 11, 2014, at 12:01 PM, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/11/2014, 3:54 AM, BNig wrote:
>> Here is a new version of homemade slider as promised
>> version 0_8
>>
>> optionally switch behavior when clicking into back of slider
>> either "switch mode" moving thumb to either end or moving slider to
>> clickLoc.
>> Some code tweaks and some new examples.
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_8.livecode.zip
>> --------------------------------
>
> Very nice, Bernd. And useful.

Http://es.earthednet.org

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

BNig
Roger, Jaque, Bill

thank you.

I especially like the way one can customize it.
as timeline, pain scale, switch, progress indicator or whatever.

Please do report bugs or feature requests.

Kind regards
Bernd

J. Landman Gay wrote
On 12/11/2014, 3:54 AM, BNig wrote:
> Here is a new version of homemade slider as promised
> version 0_8
>
> optionally switch behavior when clicking into back of slider
> either "switch mode" moving thumb to either end or moving slider to
> clickLoc.
> Some code tweaks and some new examples.
>
> --------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_8.livecode.zip
> --------------------------------

Very nice, Bernd. And useful.

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Bob Sneidar-2
Hey that is handy. I am going to try to modify it to change color when acting as a switch. Kind of like an off on switch with color.

Bob S

On Dec 11, 2014, at 06:07 , Roger Guay <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/customslider/customSlider_0_8.livecode.zip

Re: [ANN] homemade slider

Mark Smith
Excellent! Nice job Bernd. Thanks for doing this.

Mark