[ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

[ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding
Hi LiveCoders

Today I am releasing a huge update to mergExt Complete and announcing a special price available for the rest of the month.

mergBLE 1.0 - CoreBluetooth external for iOS and OS X. Use BLE between Mac and iOS or between iOS devices or between some of the great sensors available and your app. For the arduino hackers out there you will love pairing this external with the ReadBearLab BLE shield. Control anything from your Mac or iOS device!!!  (Also sold separately for $49).

mergGoogle 1.0 - This external for iOS and OS X currently implements google spreadsheets. (Also sold separately for $49).

mergMK 3.0 - This update to mergMK supports querying directions between locations.

iOS 9 support - all the mergExt externals have now been updated for iOS 9 support.

The mergExt Complete bundle now weighs in at a hefty $1038 worth of individual products for only $299. Yes that’s right folks. We’ve cracked the ton!

Special Price: 3 years of access to mergExt Complete for $499. That’s a huge $398 saving folks. Use this link to access the special deal http://mergext.com/special/ <http://mergext.com/special/> The first 5 people taking advantage of the special price will also get an additional 6 months at no extra charge. Get it while it’s hot!!!

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>
Software development services

mergExt <http://mergext.com/> - There's an external for that!

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Mike Kerner
Might I just say that we've had mergGoogle running for a month or two, and
it's just another great tool that makes LC a great tool.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Monte Goulding <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi LiveCoders
>
> Today I am releasing a huge update to mergExt Complete and announcing a
> special price available for the rest of the month.
>
> mergBLE 1.0 - CoreBluetooth external for iOS and OS X. Use BLE between Mac
> and iOS or between iOS devices or between some of the great sensors
> available and your app. For the arduino hackers out there you will love
> pairing this external with the ReadBearLab BLE shield. Control anything
> from your Mac or iOS device!!!  (Also sold separately for $49).
>
> mergGoogle 1.0 - This external for iOS and OS X currently implements
> google spreadsheets. (Also sold separately for $49).
>
> mergMK 3.0 - This update to mergMK supports querying directions between
> locations.
>
> iOS 9 support - all the mergExt externals have now been updated for iOS 9
> support.
>
> The mergExt Complete bundle now weighs in at a hefty $1038 worth of
> individual products for only $299. Yes that’s right folks. We’ve cracked
> the ton!
>
> Special Price: 3 years of access to mergExt Complete for $499. That’s a
> huge $398 saving folks. Use this link to access the special deal
> http://mergext.com/special/ <http://mergext.com/special/> The first 5
> people taking advantage of the special price will also get an additional 6
> months at no extra charge. Get it while it’s hot!!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
>
> --
> M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>
> Software development services
> Bespoke application development for vertical markets
>
> mergExt <http://mergext.com/> - There's an external for that!

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Mark Talluto

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 7:31 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Today I am releasing a huge update to mergExt Complete and announcing a special price available for the rest of the month.

This a most excellent announcement Monte. Thank you for this.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com <http://canelasoftware.com/>
CassiaDB: The rapid development, free local storage database, made for LiveCode developers: livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Roger Eller
What is mergGoogle, and of all things I would expect to work on Android,
based on the name, this would be one.  So, is this available for the
Android platform?  TIA

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Might I just say that we've had mergGoogle running for a month or two, and
> it's just another great tool that makes LC a great tool.
>
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Monte Goulding <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi LiveCoders
> >
> > Today I am releasing a huge update to mergExt Complete and announcing a
> > special price available for the rest of the month.
> >
> > mergBLE 1.0 - CoreBluetooth external for iOS and OS X. Use BLE between
> Mac
> > and iOS or between iOS devices or between some of the great sensors
> > available and your app. For the arduino hackers out there you will love
> > pairing this external with the ReadBearLab BLE shield. Control anything
> > from your Mac or iOS device!!!  (Also sold separately for $49).
> >
> > mergGoogle 1.0 - This external for iOS and OS X currently implements
> > google spreadsheets. (Also sold separately for $49).
> >
> > mergMK 3.0 - This update to mergMK supports querying directions between
> > locations.
> >
> > iOS 9 support - all the mergExt externals have now been updated for iOS 9
> > support.
> >
> > The mergExt Complete bundle now weighs in at a hefty $1038 worth of
> > individual products for only $299. Yes that’s right folks. We’ve cracked
> > the ton!
> >
> > Special Price: 3 years of access to mergExt Complete for $499. That’s a
> > huge $398 saving folks. Use this link to access the special deal
> > http://mergext.com/special/ <http://mergext.com/special/> The first 5
> > people taking advantage of the special price will also get an additional
> 6
> > months at no extra charge. Get it while it’s hot!!!
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Monte
> >
> > --
> > M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>
> > Software development services
> > Bespoke application development for vertical markets
> >
> > mergExt <http://mergext.com/> - There's an external for that!

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Jim Lambert
Monte,

mergExt Complete keeps getting better and better.
An excellent package!

Thanks,
Jim Lambert

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 3:48 am, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What is mergGoogle, and of all things I would expect to work on Android,
> based on the name, this would be one.  So, is this available for the
> Android platform?  TIA

We have discussed Android externals limitations every time I’ve released anything for the past few years so I imagine you can answer this question yourself and will understand the reasons why by now… I know it’s frustrating for you. It’s frustrating for me too but I’m not going to stop delivering stuff people want just because I can’t deliver it on Android at the moment…

Cheers

Monte

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Roger Eller
I know I can't be the only LC user that would renew the full suite if
Android was included.  Especially for access to the Google api stuff.
Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

~Roger

Roger EllerGraphics Systems Analyst

803 North Maple StreetP: 864.967.1625Simpsonville, SC 29681C: 864.908.0337
SealedAir.com <http://www.sealedair.com/>[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> > On 13 Oct 2015, at 3:48 am, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > What is mergGoogle, and of all things I would expect to work on Android,
> > based on the name, this would be one.  So, is this available for the
> > Android platform?  TIA
>
> We have discussed Android externals limitations every time I’ve released
> anything for the past few years so I imagine you can answer this question
> yourself and will understand the reasons why by now… I know it’s
> frustrating for you. It’s frustrating for me too but I’m not going to stop
> delivering stuff people want just because I can’t deliver it on Android at
> the moment…
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 9:04 am, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know I can't be the only LC user that would renew the full suite if
> Android was included.  Especially for access to the Google api stuff.
> Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

Well if you can point me to a C or C++ sdk I’ll gladly do it and we can have Windows, Linux and server too. mergGoogle uses an objective-c sdk which is why it’s iOS & OS X only. Where I’ve been able to use cross platform libraries I’ve made the externals cross platform too (mergJSON, mergMarkdown). Now of course mergGoogle is just calling web api so it would be feasible to implement it in LiveCode. The cost of doing so is obviously a lot higher (both for initial implementation and ling term maintenance) than hooking up google’s official sdk which as I mentioned is not available as a cross platform library…

Cheers

Monte

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Roger Eller
Since you're the brain, and have the rare capability to create the under
the hood magic that so many of us LC consumers need, the best I can do is
Google what you asked for.

This probably is not the thing you need, and I have no idea whether this is
at all helpful, but...
https://developers.google.com/games/services/cpp/GettingStartedNativeClient?hl=en
On Oct 12, 2015 6:18 PM, "Monte Goulding" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On 13 Oct 2015, at 9:04 am, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I know I can't be the only LC user that would renew the full suite if
> > Android was included.  Especially for access to the Google api stuff.
> > Sorry if I sound like a broken record.
>
> Well if you can point me to a C or C++ sdk I’ll gladly do it and we can
> have Windows, Linux and server too. mergGoogle uses an objective-c sdk
> which is why it’s iOS & OS X only. Where I’ve been able to use cross
> platform libraries I’ve made the externals cross platform too (mergJSON,
> mergMarkdown). Now of course mergGoogle is just calling web api so it would
> be feasible to implement it in LiveCode. The cost of doing so is obviously
> a lot higher (both for initial implementation and ling term maintenance)
> than hooking up google’s official sdk which as I mentioned is not available
> as a cross platform library…
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding
That’s not a GData sdk but interesting nonetheless. It appears I could implement a google play games services external that cross compiles for Android and iOS. Good find Roger!

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 1:14 pm, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Since you're the brain, and have the rare capability to create the under
> the hood magic that so many of us LC consumers need, the best I can do is
> Google what you asked for.
>
> This probably is not the thing you need, and I have no idea whether this is
> at all helpful, but...
> https://developers.google.com/games/services/cpp/GettingStartedNativeClient?hl=en
> On Oct 12, 2015 6:18 PM, "Monte Goulding" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>>> On 13 Oct 2015, at 9:04 am, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I know I can't be the only LC user that would renew the full suite if
>>> Android was included.  Especially for access to the Google api stuff.
>>> Sorry if I sound like a broken record.
>>
>> Well if you can point me to a C or C++ sdk I’ll gladly do it and we can
>> have Windows, Linux and server too. mergGoogle uses an objective-c sdk
>> which is why it’s iOS & OS X only. Where I’ve been able to use cross
>> platform libraries I’ve made the externals cross platform too (mergJSON,
>> mergMarkdown). Now of course mergGoogle is just calling web api so it would
>> be feasible to implement it in LiveCode. The cost of doing so is obviously
>> a lot higher (both for initial implementation and ling term maintenance)
>> than hooking up google’s official sdk which as I mentioned is not available
>> as a cross platform library…
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Monte

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Roger Eller
There is a mention of running C++ in a sandboxed environment here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Native_Client

"An alternative of sorts to NaCl is asm.js, which also allows C and C++
applications to be compiled to run in the browser (at more than half the
native speed), and also supports ahead-of-time compilation, but is a subset
of JavaScript and hence backwards-compatible with browsers that do not
support it directly."

So, perhaps inside a browser object?
On Oct 12, 2015 10:21 PM, "Monte Goulding" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> That’s not a GData sdk but interesting nonetheless. It appears I could
> implement a google play games services external that cross compiles for
> Android and iOS. Good find Roger!
>
> > On 13 Oct 2015, at 1:14 pm, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Since you're the brain, and have the rare capability to create the under
> > the hood magic that so many of us LC consumers need, the best I can do is
> > Google what you asked for.
> >
> > This probably is not the thing you need, and I have no idea whether this
> is
> > at all helpful, but...
> >
> https://developers.google.com/games/services/cpp/GettingStartedNativeClient?hl=en

> >> Well if you can point me to a C or C++ sdk I’ll gladly do it and we can
> >> have Windows, Linux and server too. mergGoogle uses an objective-c sdk
> >> which is why it’s iOS & OS X only. Where I’ve been able to use cross
> >> platform libraries I’ve made the externals cross platform too (mergJSON,
> >> mergMarkdown). Now of course mergGoogle is just calling web api so it
> would
> >> be feasible to implement it in LiveCode. The cost of doing so is
> obviously
> >> a lot higher (both for initial implementation and ling term maintenance)
> >> than hooking up google’s official sdk which as I mentioned is not
> available
> >> as a cross platform library…
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Monte

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 1:41 pm, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There is a mention of running C++ in a sandboxed environment here.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Native_Client <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Native_Client>
>
> "An alternative of sorts to NaCl is asm.js, which also allows C and C++
> applications to be compiled to run in the browser (at more than half the
> native speed), and also supports ahead-of-time compilation, but is a subset
> of JavaScript and hence backwards-compatible with browsers that do not
> support it directly."
>
> So, perhaps inside a browser object?

^ Is what the HTML 5 version of LC is. LC compiled as javascript. It won’t help us here. My gut feeling is just wait for extensions. The recent work done on the browser widget indicates we will be able to do some really interesting things with native layers soon.

RE: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Nakia Brewer
Hi Monte,

By any chance will mergBLE work with the community edition on OSX?

Nakia Brewer| WesTrac Pty Ltd | Technology Enabled Solutions Manager | Equipment Management Solutions |
1 WesTrac Drive, Tomago NSW 2322
t: (02) 4964 5051 |m: 0458 713 547 | i: www.westrac.com.au

ACN 009 342 572
Our applicable terms and conditions can be found at: WesTrac Terms & Conditions

[...]

COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding
Sure but there's obviously licensing issues if you wanted to distribute an app. For personal and even in-house company use there's no problem though.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Oct 2015, at 7:59 am, Nakia Brewer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> By any chance will mergBLE work with the community edition on OSX?

RE: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Nakia Brewer
Great!

Yeah my question was just for in house 'tinkering'.

Nakia Brewer| WesTrac Pty Ltd | Technology Enabled Solutions Manager | Equipment Management Solutions |
1 WesTrac Drive, Tomago NSW 2322
t: (02) 4964 5051 |m: 0458 713 547 | i: www.westrac.com.au

ACN 009 342 572
Our applicable terms and conditions can be found at: WesTrac Terms & Conditions

Sure but there's obviously licensing issues if you wanted to distribute an app. For personal and even in-house company use there's no problem though.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Oct 2015, at 7:59 am, Nakia Brewer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> By any chance will mergBLE work with the community edition on OSX?

COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Ben Rubinstein
Just to testify - the new mergBLE arrived right on time to save me struggling
through the process of building my own externals, and did exactly what I needed.

In fact since I was completely unable to locate the resources for building
externals, it meant I could stop writing a native app, and immediately become
more productive.

Thank you Monte for your continuing work, which for me absolutely bridges the
gap to making LC for iOS a real option. You're a LiveCode Hero.

Ben

On 12/10/2015 03:31, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Hi LiveCoders
>
> Today I am releasing a huge update to mergExt Complete and announcing a special price available for the rest of the month.
>
> mergBLE 1.0 - CoreBluetooth external for iOS and OS X. Use BLE between Mac and iOS or between iOS devices or between some of the great sensors available and your app. For the arduino hackers out there you will love pairing this external with the ReadBearLab BLE shield. Control anything from your Mac or iOS device!!!  (Also sold separately for $49).
>
> mergGoogle 1.0 - This external for iOS and OS X currently implements google spreadsheets. (Also sold separately for $49).
>
> mergMK 3.0 - This update to mergMK supports querying directions between locations.
>
> iOS 9 support - all the mergExt externals have now been updated for iOS 9 support.
>
> The mergExt Complete bundle now weighs in at a hefty $1038 worth of individual products for only $299. Yes that’s right folks. We’ve cracked the ton!
>
> Special Price: 3 years of access to mergExt Complete for $499. That’s a huge $398 saving folks. Use this link to access the special deal http://mergext.com/special/ <http://mergext.com/special/> The first 5 people taking advantage of the special price will also get an additional 6 months at no extra charge. Get it while it’s hot!!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
>
> --
> M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>
> Software development services
> Bespoke application development for vertical markets
>
> mergExt <http://mergext.com/> - There's an external for that!

Re: [ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding
Thanks Ben

I’m looking forward to hearing about the things people make with mergBLE. Definitely lots of possibilities for the arduino fans.

Cheers

Monte