[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
64 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Peter TB Brett


On 22/10/2015 17:38, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I had typed up an email to that effect yesterday, but deleted it without sending it, because I thought that maybe I was asking too much of the Atom Editor. But if this is what ist should be doing then +1!
>
> Bob S
>
>
> On Oct 21, 2015, at 16:36 , Peter Haworth <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> This is probably a question for any Atom experts out there but The
> autocomplete doesn't seem to be working as I expected.
>
> According to the Atom documentation, autocomplete should include words in
> the file you're editing, so for example if I have a local declaration, it
> should suggest the names of the variables for autocompletion but that's not
> happening.

Urgh, this is pretty broken in the 0.6.0.  I'll file an issue and try to
make sure it's fixed for the next release.

https://github.com/peter-b/atom-language-livecode/issues/18

                              Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Open Source Team

LiveCode on reddit: https://reddit.com/r/livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Monte Goulding

> On 24 Oct 2015, at 2:25 am, Peter TB Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Urgh, this is pretty broken in the 0.6.0.  I'll file an issue and try to make sure it's fixed for the next release.

I’ve submitted a fix for this and the indenting issues. There’s still a bit of a quirk with switch indenting because there appears to be no way to support the layout we are used to. The two choices we have that are bug free are:

No case indentation:

switch thing
   case thing1
   code
   break
   case thing2
   code
   break
end switch

or increase and decrease indent on case

switch thing
case thing1
   code
   break
case thing2
   code
   break
end switch

I have implemented the latter because I think it is more readable and helpful when scanning code. The way it was originally implemented it relied on break to decrease the indent so it would look like this:

switch thing
   case thing1
      code
   break
   case thing2
      code
   break
end switch

The problem here is the break should be part of the case block and if the developer wants continuation and therefore doesn’t use break the indentation gets messed up. It’s worthwhile noting that other language packages I looked at seem to use the no case indentation style but I’m not a fan… Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Kay C Lan
On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> My first thought is... thank you! And my second is I agree with your
latter choice.
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

mwieder
On 10/24/2015 02:02 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Monte Goulding <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>
>> My first thought is... thank you! And my second is I agree with your
> latter choice.

Those are three icky choices, but I'm with Kay on this.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

mwieder
In reply to this post by Peter TB Brett
On 10/23/2015 08:13 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> I find the IDE editor's auto-indentation behaviour pretty obnoxious (it
> regularly screws up the formatting in my comments), so I'll be happy to
> *not* have it in the Atom package.

<g> that's actually a problem with the script editor, not with the
auto-indentation feature. And yeah, when I have to use the built-in
editor instead of glx2 I have to take care not to edit block comments
because they'll get all messed up.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Peter Haworth
In reply to this post by Monte Goulding
Thanks Monte.  I agree with your choice.  FYI, the LC module for Textmate
does it per your first example with the case, and all the statements under
it at the same indent level, not pretty.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
Home of lcStackBrowser <http://www.lcsql.com/lcstackbrowser.html> and
SQLiteAdmin <http://www.lcsql.com/sqliteadmin.html>

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Monte Goulding <
[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > On 24 Oct 2015, at 2:25 am, Peter TB Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Urgh, this is pretty broken in the 0.6.0.  I'll file an issue and try to
> make sure it's fixed for the next release.
>
> I’ve submitted a fix for this and the indenting issues. There’s still a
> bit of a quirk with switch indenting because there appears to be no way to
> support the layout we are used to. The two choices we have that are bug
> free are:
>
> No case indentation:
>
> switch thing
>    case thing1
>    code
>    break
>    case thing2
>    code
>    break
> end switch
>
> or increase and decrease indent on case
>
> switch thing
> case thing1
>    code
>    break
> case thing2
>    code
>    break
> end switch
>
> I have implemented the latter because I think it is more readable and
> helpful when scanning code. The way it was originally implemented it relied
> on break to decrease the indent so it would look like this:
>
> switch thing
>    case thing1
>       code
>    break
>    case thing2
>       code
>    break
> end switch
>
> The problem here is the break should be part of the case block and if the
> developer wants continuation and therefore doesn’t use break the
> indentation gets messed up. It’s worthwhile noting that other language
> packages I looked at seem to use the no case indentation style but I’m not
> a fan… Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Peter Haworth
In reply to this post by mwieder
Interesting, I haven't seen that problem, at least not in regards to
indentation.  I have seen the script editor fairly frequently highlight
code outside a block comment in green as if it were inside it. The code
still executes OK but a bit scary the first time I saw it happen.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
Home of lcStackBrowser <http://www.lcsql.com/lcstackbrowser.html> and
SQLiteAdmin <http://www.lcsql.com/sqliteadmin.html>

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/23/2015 08:13 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>
> I find the IDE editor's auto-indentation behaviour pretty obnoxious (it
>> regularly screws up the formatting in my comments), so I'll be happy to
>> *not* have it in the Atom package.
>>
>
> <g> that's actually a problem with the script editor, not with the
> auto-indentation feature. And yeah, when I have to use the built-in editor
> instead of glx2 I have to take care not to edit block comments because
> they'll get all messed up.
>
>
> --
>  Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

mwieder
On 10/24/2015 09:47 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Interesting, I haven't seen that problem, at least not in regards to
> indentation.

Try this:

/*
       * this is indented six spaces for emphasis
       * but the script editor will reformat it for you
       * to a single space
  */   -- and it will also remove the leading space here.

> I have seen the script editor fairly frequently highlight
> code outside a block comment in green as if it were inside it. The code
> still executes OK but a bit scary the first time I saw it happen.

Yep. I think the trick that's mostly worked for me there is to set the
cursor in the previous handler and hit the tab key to reformat.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Peter Haworth
OK, I see what you mean now and yes I've seen that and yes, it's annoying.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
Home of lcStackBrowser <http://www.lcsql.com/lcstackbrowser.html> and
SQLiteAdmin <http://www.lcsql.com/sqliteadmin.html>

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 10/24/2015 09:47 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
>> Interesting, I haven't seen that problem, at least not in regards to
>> indentation.
>>
>
> Try this:
>
> /*
>       * this is indented six spaces for emphasis
>       * but the script editor will reformat it for you
>       * to a single space
>  */   -- and it will also remove the leading space here.
>
> I have seen the script editor fairly frequently highlight
>> code outside a block comment in green as if it were inside it. The code
>> still executes OK but a bit scary the first time I saw it happen.
>>
>
> Yep. I think the trick that's mostly worked for me there is to set the
> cursor in the previous handler and hit the tab key to reformat.
>
>
> --
>  Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
In reply to this post by Terry Judd-2
wow… I didn’t fully realize that glx2 was still alive. I bought a license from Jerry for that years ago… loved it,

just downloaded,

thanks Mark

But: ha! forgot how it works… where is the documentation?

I see the sub bar gray notification underneath LC ide toolbar (7.1GM for me right now)  and the blue to gray to blue toggle on the GLX2 label.

How do you launch into it?








On 10/22/15, 11:08 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>I¹d forgotten how much I liked GLX2. Thanks so much for maintaining it
>Mark.
>
>Terry...
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
forget this… I found everything… marvelous1

tks


Swasti Astu! Be Well
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai’s Hindu Monastery
www.himalayanacademy.com








On 10/25/15, 5:01 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>wow… I didn’t fully realize that glx2 was still alive. I bought a license from Jerry for that years ago… loved it,
>
>just downloaded,
>
>thanks Mark
>
>But: ha! forgot how it works… where is the documentation?
>
>I see the sub bar gray notification underneath LC ide toolbar (7.1GM for me right now)  and the blue to gray to blue toggle on the GLX2 label.
>
>How do you launch into it?
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

Bob Sneidar-2
In reply to this post by Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
A few notes about GLX2. There are no red dot breakpoints in GLX2 (unless I am missing something).

So you might be tempted to turn on and off GLX2 as needed. Problem is, GLX2 has it's own versioning system  that allows you to go back x compiles to a prior version. The built-in compiler does not know about this, so switching from GLX2 back to the built-in debugger has a surprise for you. It will load a prior version of your script without all the changes you may have recently made.

There is a feature to account for this, warning you that the version it's loading and the version it expected are not the same, but I have found this unreliable at times, and I have lost edits switching back and forth with a stack open. So don't get into the habit of turning it on and off in a session. Use it, or don't.

Other than that, I like it a lot, especially the clarvoyance feature which presents a popup of similar matches after typing x characters. That is mainly what I use it for, along with the breadcrumbs feature which adds a link to where you were when you clicked a handler to go to that handler.

Bob S


> On Oct 25, 2015, at 20:01 , Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> wow… I didn’t fully realize that glx2 was still alive. I bought a license from Jerry for that years ago… loved it,
>
> just downloaded,
>
> thanks Mark
>
> But: ha! forgot how it works… where is the documentation?
>
> I see the sub bar gray notification underneath LC ide toolbar (7.1GM for me right now)  and the blue to gray to blue toggle on the GLX2 label.
>
> How do you launch into it?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On 10/22/15, 11:08 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I¹d forgotten how much I liked GLX2. Thanks so much for maintaining it
>> Mark.
>>
>> Terry...
>>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

Mark Talluto
I used to use this script editor full time back in the day. It is really nice to see that you are keeping it going Mark. Thought I might give it a try again and see how it goes.

I am getting an answer dialog with what appears to be executionContext values after almost every action I do. I am using GLX_Code19 beta.rev, date: 2015-10-21.
Using with LC 6.6.5 on Mac 10.10.5.

Any ideas?


Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com <http://canelasoftware.com/>
CassiaDB: The rapid development, free local storage database, made for LiveCode developers: livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>





_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

mwieder
On 10/26/2015 09:11 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:
> I used to use this script editor full time back in the day. It is really nice to see that you are keeping it going Mark. Thought I might give it a try again and see how it goes.
>
> I am getting an answer dialog with what appears to be executionContext values after almost every action I do. I am using GLX_Code19 beta.rev, date: 2015-10-21.
> Using with LC 6.6.5 on Mac 10.10.5.
>
> Any ideas?

6.6.5? Really?
That was so buggy I uninstalled it right after installation.
So... no, sorry, I'm not going to try to figure out what's going on
there and backfill it to try to work around the LC problems.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

mwieder
In reply to this post by Bob Sneidar-2
On 10/26/2015 08:13 AM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> A few notes about GLX2. There are no red dot breakpoints in GLX2 (unless I am missing something).

If you have PowerDebug installed you can right-click on a line to toggle
a soft breakpoint there. The way the IDE's script editor stores
breakpoints is so weird and fragile and error-prone that I'm not really
motivated to support that mechanism. Maybe once the team pays some
attention to fixing it.

> So you might be tempted to turn on and off GLX2 as needed. Problem is, GLX2 has it's own versioning system  that allows you to go back x compiles to a prior version. The built-in compiler does not know about this, so switching from GLX2 back to the built-in debugger has a surprise for you. It will load a prior version of your script without all the changes you may have recently made.

You're mixing a couple of different metaphors here.
Yes, glx2 has archiving. It can be configured and enabled or disabled
from the preferences panel.

But that's completely separate from the issue of external editor
notifications. When glx2 compiles a script it computes an md5digest of
the script and stores it as a custom property of the object being
edited. If the stored md5digest then doesn't compare with a computed
md5digest when the object's script is loaded, you'll see the message
about some other editor having done something.

But you raise an interesting point...the md5digest is computed when a
script is loaded... if it's still in memory then there's no indication
that glx2 needs to refresh the script. That's something to ponder if
you're switching back and forth between editors.

> Other than that, I like it a lot, especially the clarvoyance feature which presents a popup of similar matches after typing x characters. That is mainly what I use it for, along with the breadcrumbs feature which adds a link to where you were when you clicked a handler to go to that handler.

Yeah, those are my favorite features as well.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

Kay C Lan
In reply to this post by mwieder
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> 6.6.5? Really?
> That was so buggy I uninstalled it right after installation.
>

Hhmmm, interesting. 6.6.5 is rock solid for me on OS X 10.4.x, 10.5.x and
10.9.x. In the case of Tiger and Leo that's even on some old PPC machines.

Most new stuff I do in LC7, anything quick and dirty I'm using LC8 more and
more, but my biggest project is well and truly 6.6.5. I'm going to upgrade
it to LC7 tomorrow but thankfully tomorrow never comes ;-) The code dates
back to HC, when I knew nothing, and then progressed through the time that
I thought I knew something; which was really dangerous! Most people's pride
and joy is the result of a bottle of wine and good cheese; my 'baby' is a
cat skinning exercise gone horribly wrong. Honestly the 'thing' is a
Frankenstein of code and parts* that has been hobbled together as I've
convinced myself that I know what I'm doing. Realistically it shouldn't
work - the fact it does is a testament to xTalk and the genius of Bill
Atkinson and those who've carried on that vision.

Very grateful to the LC Team for making 6.6.5 for those of us with working
antiques.

NOT suggesting that you have to do the same :-) GLX2 is open source right,
so people are free to fix it to meet their requirements.

* It started out as single Stack, multi-Card format and worked on files
that I downloaded and preprocessed using various other programs. It then
morphed into a front-end to a mySQL DB with a single Card Main Stack and
multiple single Card Sub-Stacks adding AppleScript and Shell to auto
include the preprocessing and now it talks... to the Internet directly.
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

pmbrig
Rewriting old code that works is extraordinarily time and labor intensive and always introduces new bugs that have to be squashed. My main project is, like yours, huge, 36,000 lines of script, 45 substacks. It's ugly in places, and I'd do much of it differently now that I've learned a few things, but it just works. I've tried to clean up the worst of the spaghetti, but only in limited ways, because chasing strands down that interweave with other modules gets very complex. I tried to port it to newer LC versions and take advantage of the expanded engine and language capabilities, and no doubt it would benefit enormously once I did that, but the time it would take would be completely prohibitive. Not to mention the time lost from my paying job because of chasing down new species of bugs. So I run it in an an increasingly antique version of LC, but it does what I need it to amazingly well.

I recall reading that the NASA software for the Apollo flights was used unchanged for 20 years because no one wanted to tinker with a million lines of machine code that had been already exhaustively tested in the real world -- because the bottom line was that it had to really really really work without error every time or people would die.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
[hidden email]
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig


On Oct 30, 2015, at 5:38 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> 6.6.5? Really?
>> That was so buggy I uninstalled it right after installation.
>>
>
> Hhmmm, interesting. 6.6.5 is rock solid for me on OS X 10.4.x, 10.5.x and
> 10.9.x. In the case of Tiger and Leo that's even on some old PPC machines.
>
> Most new stuff I do in LC7, anything quick and dirty I'm using LC8 more and
> more, but my biggest project is well and truly 6.6.5. I'm going to upgrade
> it to LC7 tomorrow but thankfully tomorrow never comes ;-) The code dates
> back to HC, when I knew nothing, and then progressed through the time that
> I thought I knew something; which was really dangerous! Most people's pride
> and joy is the result of a bottle of wine and good cheese; my 'baby' is a
> cat skinning exercise gone horribly wrong. Honestly the 'thing' is a
> Frankenstein of code and parts* that has been hobbled together as I've
> convinced myself that I know what I'm doing. Realistically it shouldn't
> work - the fact it does is a testament to xTalk and the genius of Bill
> Atkinson and those who've carried on that vision.
>
> Very grateful to the LC Team for making 6.6.5 for those of us with working
> antiques.
>
> NOT suggesting that you have to do the same :-) GLX2 is open source right,
> so people are free to fix it to meet their requirements.
>
> * It started out as single Stack, multi-Card format and worked on files
> that I downloaded and preprocessed using various other programs. It then
> morphed into a front-end to a mySQL DB with a single Card Main Stack and
> multiple single Card Sub-Stacks adding AppleScript and Shell to auto
> include the preprocessing and now it talks... to the Internet directly.
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

Mark Talluto
In reply to this post by mwieder


> On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:25 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 10/26/2015 09:11 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:
>> I used to use this script editor full time back in the day. It is really nice to see that you are keeping it going Mark. Thought I might give it a try again and see how it goes.
>>
>> I am getting an answer dialog with what appears to be executionContext values after almost every action I do. I am using GLX_Code19 beta.rev, date: 2015-10-21.
>> Using with LC 6.6.5 on Mac 10.10.5.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> 6.6.5? Really?
> That was so buggy I uninstalled it right after installation.
> So... no, sorry, I'm not going to try to figure out what's going on there and backfill it to try to work around the LC problems.
>

Ok. I will give it a try in 7.1.1 and 8.

Mark
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

mwieder
On 10/31/2015 08:29 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

>
>
>> On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:25 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 10/26/2015 09:11 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:
>>> I used to use this script editor full time back in the day. It is really nice to see that you are keeping it going Mark. Thought I might give it a try again and see how it goes.
>>>
>>> I am getting an answer dialog with what appears to be executionContext values after almost every action I do. I am using GLX_Code19 beta.rev, date: 2015-10-21.
>>> Using with LC 6.6.5 on Mac 10.10.5.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> 6.6.5? Really?
>> That was so buggy I uninstalled it right after installation.
>> So... no, sorry, I'm not going to try to figure out what's going on there and backfill it to try to work around the LC problems.
>>
>
> Ok. I will give it a try in 7.1.1 and 8.

Lemme know how you get on. Things work for me in both those on OSX, but
I'm about to throw down a new beta release after fixing a problem that
Bob Sneidar found. And maybe deal with the external editor thing...
struggling with that now.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glx2

mwieder
In reply to this post by Mark Talluto
On 10/31/2015 08:29 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> Ok. I will give it a try in 7.1.1 and 8.

All right. Beta 2 is up on the website now.

It's stable for me (except for the engine bug on linux), it (finally)
includes the properties in clairvoyance completion, so that the
typeahead function will fill out "itemd" to "itemdelimiter".

...and after thinking about the "other editor" problem for a bit, I just
removed the code that checks for it. That makes for a slightly longer
load time because it's a forced load of the script instead of
uncompressing the stored html, but the engine is fast enough that I
can't tell the difference. And the big upside is that it just works
transparently and you can switch editors without problem. I still
wouldn't run both editors side by side at the same time, though.

I'm happy with the fact that I managed to clean out enough old unused
code to get the main stack script under 10k lines.
This is probably the 3.0.19 release candidate build unless someone finds
something serious enough to hold it back.

https://bitbucket.org/mwieder/glx2/downloads

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
1234