[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Peter TB Brett
Hi all,

       == Atom language-livecode package 0.6.1 ==

The "language-livecode" package for the Atom editor (https://atom.io/)
integrates syntax highlighting, indentation, autocompletion, and linting
support for editing LiveCode Builder (.lcb), LiveCode Script
(.livecodescript), and LiveCode Server (.lc / .irev) source files.

For more information, visit: https://atom.io/packages/language-livecode

== Installation

1. Visit Atom's "Settings" view (via "File->Preferences")
2. Go to the "Install" tab
3. Use the search field to search for the "language-livecode" package
4. Click "Install"

== Notable changes in 0.6.1

* Revised, expanded and generally improved documentation
* Improved LiveCode Script support
   * Support for `if...then...else...` syntax
   * Better indentation in `switch` blocks
   * Restore completion of symbols from the current file
   * Don't clobber autocomplete settings
   * Improved variable & constant capturing
* Restored support for linting revIgniter files

== Reporting problems

Please report issues to
https://github.com/peter-b/atom-language-livecode/issues

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Bob Sneidar-2
Thanks Brett. Autocomplete seems to work with variables now. I can see how this would be really useful for writing a large script from scratch. Wouldn't it be neat if there was an LC plugin that could pass a script to Atom for editing, then read it back and compile it... hmmm...

Bob S


> On Oct 27, 2015, at 09:38 , Peter TB Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>      == Atom language-livecode package 0.6.1 ==
>
> The "language-livecode" package for the Atom editor (https://atom.io/) integrates syntax highlighting, indentation, autocompletion, and linting support for editing LiveCode Builder (.lcb), LiveCode Script (.livecodescript), and LiveCode Server (.lc / .irev) source files.
>
> For more information, visit: https://atom.io/packages/language-livecode
>
> == Installation
>
> 1. Visit Atom's "Settings" view (via "File->Preferences")
> 2. Go to the "Install" tab
> 3. Use the search field to search for the "language-livecode" package
> 4. Click "Install"
>
> == Notable changes in 0.6.1
>
> * Revised, expanded and generally improved documentation
> * Improved LiveCode Script support
>  * Support for `if...then...else...` syntax
>  * Better indentation in `switch` blocks
>  * Restore completion of symbols from the current file
>  * Don't clobber autocomplete settings
>  * Improved variable & constant capturing
> * Restored support for linting revIgniter files
>
> == Reporting problems
>
> Please report issues to https://github.com/peter-b/atom-language-livecode/issues
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Peter Haworth
There is - STS MLXEditor

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
Home of lcStackBrowser <http://www.lcsql.com/lcstackbrowser.html> and
SQLiteAdmin <http://www.lcsql.com/sqliteadmin.html>

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Brett. Autocomplete seems to work with variables now. I can see how
> this would be really useful for writing a large script from scratch.
> Wouldn't it be neat if there was an LC plugin that could pass a script to
> Atom for editing, then read it back and compile it... hmmm...
>
> Bob S
>
>
> > On Oct 27, 2015, at 09:38 , Peter TB Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> >      == Atom language-livecode package 0.6.1 ==
> >
> > The "language-livecode" package for the Atom editor (https://atom.io/)
> integrates syntax highlighting, indentation, autocompletion, and linting
> support for editing LiveCode Builder (.lcb), LiveCode Script
> (.livecodescript), and LiveCode Server (.lc / .irev) source files.
> >
> > For more information, visit: https://atom.io/packages/language-livecode
> >
> > == Installation
> >
> > 1. Visit Atom's "Settings" view (via "File->Preferences")
> > 2. Go to the "Install" tab
> > 3. Use the search field to search for the "language-livecode" package
> > 4. Click "Install"
> >
> > == Notable changes in 0.6.1
> >
> > * Revised, expanded and generally improved documentation
> > * Improved LiveCode Script support
> >  * Support for `if...then...else...` syntax
> >  * Better indentation in `switch` blocks
> >  * Restore completion of symbols from the current file
> >  * Don't clobber autocomplete settings
> >  * Improved variable & constant capturing
> > * Restored support for linting revIgniter files
> >
> > == Reporting problems
> >
> > Please report issues to
> https://github.com/peter-b/atom-language-livecode/issues
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > use-livecode mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Bob Sneidar-2
Sweet! Just tried it and it works. Simple really. I had in mind the idea of using Applescript to get and set the contents of a new window, but text is for some really odd reason *NOT* a property of a window in Atom, as it is in TextEdit.

Now the trick is to figure out how to tell Atom to treat it as a Livecode Script.

Bob S


On Oct 27, 2015, at 09:59 , Peter Haworth <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

There is - STS MLXEditor

Pete

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Peter Haworth
Configure the file extension to be used by MXLEditor to be ".livecodescript"

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
Home of lcStackBrowser <http://www.lcsql.com/lcstackbrowser.html> and
SQLiteAdmin <http://www.lcsql.com/sqliteadmin.html>

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sweet! Just tried it and it works. Simple really. I had in mind the idea
> of using Applescript to get and set the contents of a new window, but text
> is for some really odd reason *NOT* a property of a window in Atom, as it
> is in TextEdit.
>
> Now the trick is to figure out how to tell Atom to treat it as a Livecode
> Script.
>
> Bob S
>
>
> On Oct 27, 2015, at 09:59 , Peter Haworth <[hidden email]<mailto:
> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> There is - STS MLXEditor
>
> Pete
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Bob Sneidar-2
Works a peach and thanks a ton! You smaat guy! Vewy smaat!

Bob S
On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:32 , Peter Haworth <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Configure the file extension to be used by MXLEditor to be ".livecodescript"

Pete
lcSQL Software

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Mike Kerner
I think you can also name them .lc, right?  I've also found that
putting <?lc in the first line helps

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Works a peach and thanks a ton! You smaat guy! Vewy smaat!
>
> Bob S
> On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:32 , Peter Haworth <[hidden email]<mailto:
> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> Configure the file extension to be used by MXLEditor to be
> ".livecodescript"
>
> Pete
> lcSQL Software
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>



--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.1 for Atom editor

Monte Goulding
From the readme:
        • LiveCode Builder source code in .lcb files
        • LiveCode server source code in .lc and .irev files
        • LiveCode Script source code in .livecodescript files, where the shebang line containslivecode or the first line contains an Emacs mode comment # -*- mode:livecodescript -*-

I would recommend following Pete’s advice and use the *.livecodescript extension for STSMLX. You don’t want your script to be recognised as iRev if it is just an object script. At least not if you are using the linter for script errors because the three supported grammars are each handled differently. LCS just sets the script of an object, iRev comments out all include and require commands (we don’t want to lint the entire web app) and includes the file, LCB calls lc-compile with no output file (but you still get interface files generated).

The other options to let atom know it is a LCS file are to have a shebang or Emacs mode comment on the first line as seen above but the extension is obviously the simplest thing to do.

Cheers

Monte

> On 28 Oct 2015, at 6:30 am, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think you can also name them .lc, right?  I've also found that
> putting <?lc in the first line helps
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Works a peach and thanks a ton! You smaat guy! Vewy smaat!
>>
>> Bob S
>> On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:32 , Peter Haworth <[hidden email]<mailto:
>> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Configure the file extension to be used by MXLEditor to be
>> ".livecodescript"
>>
>> Pete
>> lcSQL Software
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>
>
>
> --
> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> On the second day, God created the oceans.
> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode