[ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

[ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

ScottR
If you've been using LiveCode for any length of time, you know that 2011 has
been the year of custom controls.  So in honor of 11/11/11, I'm happy to
announce that tmCONTROL, a custom control suite for LiveCode, is now
available from Tactile Media.

tmCONTROL is a collection of interface components built exclusively for
LiveCode users who want to give their stacks a more customized user
experience. Using custom controls is a way to brand your application with a
look-and-feel that makes it stand out from the rest.

As a LiveCode developer, you may not have the time, the ability, or even the
desire to create your own custom controls.  You just know you want something
different from the standard controls provided by LiveCode.  Well, tmCONTROL
is that "something different".

tmCONTROL is more than just a set of pretty buttons -- it's an evolving
architecture developed to support a wide range of components and functions.
The best part is, the components work virtually the same way as the LiveCode
controls you already know and use.  Just drag and drop the component you
need from the palette into your stack and script it.

Plus, the component sets are designed to work together thematically in your
applications.  No need to hunt down bits and pieces to scrape together the
look you want.  Most every control you need to create a complete experience
for your application is available in one package.  And previews of the
themes are provided to help inspire your development.

The current set of collections includes:
DESKTOP
Push Buttons
Radio Buttons
Tab Controls
Checkboxes
Label Fields
Scrolling Fields
Panels
Sliders
Spinners
Progress Bars
Scrollbars
Accordion Controls
Backgrounds

iOS
Push Buttons
Nav Buttons
Segmented Controls
Switches
Tables
Sliders
Progress Bars
Toolbars
Backgrounds

All together, tmCONTROL includes five desktop themes, two iOS themes, a set
of SmartControls, and a set of accordions, totaling over 100 components. On
top of all that, dedicated editors are provided so you can customize the
components to your needs.

tmCONTROL is available in 2 levels: a PRO level, which includes all
collections, SmartControls, and support from Tactile Media; and a BASIC
level that includes the core architecture only, and allows you to choose
only the themes you want on an a-la-carte basis.

The PRO level is priced at $199, but is available for 11 days at an
introductory price of $149.  The BASIC level costs $59, with an introductory
price of $39, plus the cost of one or more themes of your choice for $29
each.

See the FAQ on the tmCONTROL site to learn more details:
http://tmtools.tactilemedia.com/tmcontrol/faq.html

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to seeing what you create with the
tools.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

Ken Ray

On Nov 11, 2011, at 3:21 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> If you've been using LiveCode for any length of time, you know that 2011 has
> been the year of custom controls.  So in honor of 11/11/11, I'm happy to
> announce that tmCONTROL, a custom control suite for LiveCode, is now
> available from Tactile Media.

Congratulations, Scott! This looks wonderful… I saw part of your demo on this at the last LiveCode conference and I was truly impressed. Glad to see it become "official"!

A quick question that's not on the FAQ… if someone buys Basic and then wants to "go Pro", can they just pay the difference? Or is there some other migration plan from Basic to Pro?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

ScottR
Hi Ken:

Yes, I should get the details into the FAQ -- thanks for the reminder.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

Recently, Ken Ray wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2011, at 3:21 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>
>> If you've been using LiveCode for any length of time, you know that 2011 has
>> been the year of custom controls.  So in honor of 11/11/11, I'm happy to
>> announce that tmCONTROL, a custom control suite for LiveCode, is now
>> available from Tactile Media.
>
> Congratulations, Scott! This looks wonderfulŠ I saw part of your demo on this
> at the last LiveCode conference and I was truly impressed. Glad to see it
> become "official"!
>
> A quick question that's not on the FAQŠ if someone buys Basic and then wants
> to "go Pro", can they just pay the difference? Or is there some other
> migration plan from Basic to Pro?

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

Pierre Sahores-2
Hi Scott,

Seems useful and cool priced with the "pickup the templates you need, at your choice" option ! Thanks for delivring it. Will probably test it along a next coming project ;-)

Best,

Pierre

Le 11 nov. 2011 à 17:23, Scott Rossi a écrit :

> Hi Ken:
>
> Yes, I should get the details into the FAQ -- thanks for the reminder.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design
>

> Recently, Ken Ray wrote:
>

>> On Nov 11, 2011, at 3:21 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>>
>>> If you've been using LiveCode for any length of time, you know that 2011 has
>>> been the year of custom controls.  So in honor of 11/11/11, I'm happy to
>>> announce that tmCONTROL, a custom control suite for LiveCode, is now
>>> available from Tactile Media.
>>
>> Congratulations, Scott! This looks wonderful… I saw part of your demo on this
>> at the last LiveCode conference and I was truly impressed. Glad to see it
>> become "official"!
>>
>> A quick question that's not on the FAQ… if someone buys Basic and then wants
>> to "go Pro", can they just pay the difference? Or is there some other
>> migration plan from Basic to Pro?

Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

René Micout
All that seems to be great (BIG work) !!!
But some questions :
1. Some controls (radio buttons, checkBox, sliders, ...) have they 3 sizes (Mac OS X : standard, small and mini)?
2. Is there a project with the basic controls complete Mac OS X Lion?
3. If not, is it easy from an existing theme to create (all) controls Mac OS X Lion (with 3 sizes by example)?
The paradox for me would be to use a customization tool for creating standard controls so badly needed by LiveCode...
Merci
René

Le 11 nov. 2011 à 10:21, Scott Rossi a écrit :

> All together, tmCONTROL includes five desktop themes, two iOS themes, a set
> of SmartControls, and a set of accordions, totaling over 100 components. On
> top of all that, dedicated editors are provided so you can customize the
> components to your needs.

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

barryb@libero.it

Hi Pierre
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 Pierre Sahores wrote:

>Seems useful and cool priced with the "pickup the templates you need, at your choice" option !> Thanks for delivring it. Will probably test it along a next coming project ;-)
>Best,
>Pierre

Agreed, a nice tool professionally produced but at what "cool" price? If you decide to eventually buy all the tools on the "budget" version it will make you spend 91 dollars more than the so called Pro version!
Kind regards,
Barry Barber

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

Todd Geist
I think the "so called Pro version" is a at a great price  I am happy to
support Scott's work.  I have everyone of his tools and was happy to
purchase the pre-release and the final release of tm-control.

I see tools such as this and a vibrant, profitable 3rd party tool ecosystem
in general as essential to the success of LiveCode.

Todd

--
Todd Geist
geist interactive

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

Am 12.11.2011 um 16:24 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi Pierre
> Fri, 11 Nov 2011 Pierre Sahores wrote:
>
>> Seems useful and cool priced with the "pickup the templates you need, at your choice" option !> Thanks for delivring it. Will probably test it along a next coming project ;-)
>> Best,
>> Pierre
>
> Agreed, a nice tool professionally produced but at what "cool" price? If you decide to eventually buy all the tools on the "budget" version it will make you spend 91 dollars more than the so called Pro version!
> Kind regards,
> Barry Barber

Barry,

just see the Pro version as an  all inclusive version with a huge discount.  A few days ago i purchased 3 imaging tools from an other vendor as a bundle and spent over 70% of the price compared with the price i had to pay, if i had bought the products separate.
There are many other vendors who do the same. Adobe´s creative suite is also much cheaper than buying the cs products separate.

So there´s no reason to complain.

Regards,

Matthias

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

ScottR
Hi René:

1) At this time, the width of sliders and scrollbars can be set, but radio
buttons/checkboxes cannot.  This could be added later.
2) Currently, there are no Lion controls.
3) For me, it's not worth producing Lion controls if LiveCode will
eventually provide these.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

Recently, René Micout wrote:

> All that seems to be great (BIG work) !!!
> But some questions :
> 1. Some controls (radio buttons, checkBox, sliders, ...) have they 3 sizes
> (Mac OS X : standard, small and mini)?
> 2. Is there a project with the basic controls complete Mac OS X Lion?
> 3. If not, is it easy from an existing theme to create (all) controls Mac OS X
> Lion (with 3 sizes by example)?
> The paradox for me would be to use a customization tool for creating standard
> controls so badly needed by LiveCode...
> Merci
> René
>
> Le 11 nov. 2011 à 10:21, Scott Rossi a écrit :
>
>> All together, tmCONTROL includes five desktop themes, two iOS themes, a set
>> of SmartControls, and a set of accordions, totaling over 100 components. On
>> top of all that, dedicated editors are provided so you can customize the
>> components to your needs.

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

Andre Garzia-3
I just want to say that I brought the PRO version and I am quite happy with
it.

I've purchased many (if not all) tools that Scott made available thru all
these years and every time he surprises me. His tools are at the same time
aesthetically pleasing and functional, two qualities not usually found
together. He pushes the usability of LiveCode forward more than many
developers here. While many developers create tools that are really useful
and powerful, Scott has the gift of creating tools that are not only useful
but pleasant (fun) to use. I measure my tools in a unit I call rossium,
which is how close I am to scott rossi ideal. My closest tool reached 40%
rossium and that was good enough for me.

Seriously guys, if you don't have ever tried any of tactile media tools,
you should. Whenever Scott releases some new marvel. I simply observe it
for a while, then, I tend to buy it and then observe more. I want to grasp
the details, the care, the passion for powerful features and great UX that
he puts into it. One day I will understand, until then I will simply admire
it.

Thanks Scott for all the tools thru all these years. =)

Re: [ANN] tmCONTROL - Custom Interface Components for LiveCode Developers

Jerry Jensen
Well put, Andre!
--Jerry Jensen