[ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Friends,

After ages without updating my tools, I've resumed working on them. Today I
am releasing a tentative version of DB Lib v2.2 which has better Unicode
handling. Basically I've replaced old uniencode/unidecode based code with
the new textencode/textdecode stuff.

I've tried with some Cyrillic and Tamil text and it worked well.

You can grab a GPL version from:

  https://github.com/soapdog/livecode-dblib/releases/tag/v2.2

And you can buy a commercial version from:

  https://sowl.co/YpT7k

 I will redo my own home page soon and list the LC stuff it is just not
ready and I know some people needs these patches. I will work now on the
new 3.0 release in which I will rewrite the remote database library PHP
code to be better.

om om
andre

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Is there an upgrade charge?

SKIP KIMPEL

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:12 PM, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> After ages without updating my tools, I've resumed working on them. Today I
> am releasing a tentative version of DB Lib v2.2 which has better Unicode
> handling. Basically I've replaced old uniencode/unidecode based code with
> the new textencode/textdecode stuff.
>
> I've tried with some Cyrillic and Tamil text and it worked well.
>
> You can grab a GPL version from:
>
>   https://github.com/soapdog/livecode-dblib/releases/tag/v2.2
>
> And you can buy a commercial version from:
>
>   https://sowl.co/YpT7k
>
>  I will redo my own home page soon and list the LC stuff it is just not
> ready and I know some people needs these patches. I will work now on the
> new 3.0 release in which I will rewrite the remote database library PHP
> code to be better.
>
> om om
> andre
>

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
what is the difference?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:09 AM Skip Kimpel via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an upgrade charge?
>
> SKIP KIMPEL
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:12 PM, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Friends,
> >
> > After ages without updating my tools, I've resumed working on them.
> Today I
> > am releasing a tentative version of DB Lib v2.2 which has better Unicode
> > handling. Basically I've replaced old uniencode/unidecode based code with
> > the new textencode/textdecode stuff.
> >
> > I've tried with some Cyrillic and Tamil text and it worked well.
> >
> > You can grab a GPL version from:
> >
> >   https://github.com/soapdog/livecode-dblib/releases/tag/v2.2
> >
> > And you can buy a commercial version from:
> >
> >   https://sowl.co/YpT7k
> >
> >  I will redo my own home page soon and list the LC stuff it is just not
> > ready and I know some people needs these patches. I will work now on the
> > new 3.0 release in which I will rewrite the remote database library PHP
> > code to be better.
> >
> > om om
> > andre
> >

> > --
> > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: [ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Skip, there is no upgrade charge and all previous customers should have
received an email from my shop with the link to the new version by now. I
don't like to charge for upgrades for minor revisions.

Mike, basically it behaves better regarding unicode characters coming into
LC and out of LC into the databases. I still need to iron out some cases
but I think it is better.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> what is the difference?
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:09 AM Skip Kimpel via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Is there an upgrade charge?
> >
> > SKIP KIMPEL
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:12 PM, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Friends,
> > >
> > > After ages without updating my tools, I've resumed working on them.
> > Today I
> > > am releasing a tentative version of DB Lib v2.2 which has better
> Unicode
> > > handling. Basically I've replaced old uniencode/unidecode based code
> with
> > > the new textencode/textdecode stuff.
> > >
> > > I've tried with some Cyrillic and Tamil text and it worked well.
> > >
> > > You can grab a GPL version from:
> > >
> > >   https://github.com/soapdog/livecode-dblib/releases/tag/v2.2
> > >
> > > And you can buy a commercial version from:
> > >
> > >   https://sowl.co/YpT7k
> > >
> > >  I will redo my own home page soon and list the LC stuff it is just not
> > > ready and I know some people needs these patches. I will work now on
> the
> > > new 3.0 release in which I will rewrite the remote database library PHP
> > > code to be better.
> > >
> > > om om
> > > andre
> > >

> > > --
> > > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> > > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Andre,

when did you sent out those emails. I did not receive any from your shop.

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 19.06.2018 um 15:46 schrieb Andre Garzia via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Skip, there is no upgrade charge and all previous customers should have
> received an email from my shop with the link to the new version by now. I
> don't like to charge for upgrades for minor revisions.
>
> Mike, basically it behaves better regarding unicode characters coming into
> LC and out of LC into the databases. I still need to iron out some cases
> but I think it is better.
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> what is the difference?
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:09 AM Skip Kimpel via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an upgrade charge?
>>>
>>> SKIP KIMPEL

>>> Today I
>> Unicode
>> with

>> the

>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>   and did a little diving.
>> And God said, "This is good."

> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: [ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
I guess what I meant was what's the difference between the paid and unpaid
version?  I have my own db library, but I'm always game to move to
something better.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:24 AM Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andre,
>
> when did you sent out those emails. I did not receive any from your shop.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

> > Am 19.06.2018 um 15:46 schrieb Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Skip, there is no upgrade charge and all previous customers should have
> > received an email from my shop with the link to the new version by now. I
> > don't like to charge for upgrades for minor revisions.
> >
> > Mike, basically it behaves better regarding unicode characters coming
> into
> > LC and out of LC into the databases. I still need to iron out some cases
> > but I think it is better.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> what is the difference?

> >> Unicode
> >> with

> >> the
> PHP

> >> --
> >> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> >> On the second day, God created the oceans.
> >> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >>   and did a little diving.
> >> And God said, "This is good."
> >>

> > --
> > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: [ANN] v2.2 of DB Lib

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
My read is that it is the same code. Licensed version just allows commercial use without disclosing source code (Similar to LC Community edition compared to Indy/Business).