AcceleraterRendering - when to turn off

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I have a heck a time with our new app on android

One stack works fine.

But we going one stack to another, (not in iOS) is a problem.

Seems to be subtle issues with one the follow
(although on the surface they seem to be same)

1) it is better to

set the acceleratedRendering of this stack to false

-- on closeCard
-- on closeStack
-- on library stack, used to close one stack and one open another

Go window did not work, as it never gets the handler that set stack to landscape.

so it back to

go cardOrStackObject # e.g go "gems" (or this string) go card 3 of "gems"
wait 100 milliseconds with messages
close stack oStackName
wait 100 milliseconds with messages

it "wait" is android issue

2) The issue is the same with mobile controls.
When is a safe delete them?

-- on closeCard
-- on closeStack
-- on library stack, used to close one stack and one open another

BR

RE: AcceleraterRendering - when to turn off

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
S,

#1 After the Android acceleratedRendering crash was fixed I have been
leaving it on at all times and have not had any problems. I thought that
only one stack at a time on mobile so I never close them.
#2. I delete all mobile controls on close card. I delete mobile scrollers
only on resizestack.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services