Accessing handler in LC resource stack

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Accessing handler in LC resource stack

jameshale
Hi,

I am using the GLX framework with LC7 and have hit a snag.
Its application builder calls a handler in an LC resource stack "revStandaloneSettings.rev" which no longer exists.
Looking at the LC package I think it has been replaced by  "revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript".
How do I address the handler from this script only stack file?
What is its path/syntax required?

James
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Accessing handler in LC resource stack

[-hh]
James H. wrote:
> Hi, I am using the GLX framework with LC7 and have hit a snag.
> Its application builder calls a handler in an LC resource stack "revStandaloneSettings.rev" which no longer exists. Looking at
> the LC package I think it has been replaced by
> revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript".
> How do I address the handler from this script only stack file?
> What is its path/syntax required? James

[1] The Standalone Application Builder uses a custom property
of each stack, named cRevStandaloneSettings.
For example
the cRevStandaloneSettings["defaultBuildFolder"] of this stack

*Platform specific* properties are multi-dimensional written as
<platform>,<setting> for example
the cRevStandaloneSettings["Windows,companyname"] of this stack

Platform is one of (as of LC 8.0.0)
"Windows,MacOSX x86-32,Linux,Linux x64,Linux armv6-hf,Emscripten"
[Item 5 is for Raspi, currently only available in 7.0.4,
item 6 is for HTML5, available since 8.0.0-dp4.]

May be you'll find in that property what you need.

[2] If you have the path of the stack and the handlers name
(may have changed), the syntax should be still the same as before.

(You will know, but for some other readers the hint:
If you need a handler's name or wish to copy out a short one you
need to your script, you could use a text editor to open the
stack, or use Raspi stacks collection #44 = nuzzler7b.livecode
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=112416#p112416
runs on Win/Mac/Linux/Raspi.)


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Accessing handler in LC resource stack

Ali Lloyd-2
revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript is just a stack named
"revSaveAsStandalone", so can be referred to that way, eg dispatch
"handler" to stack "revSaveAsStandalone".

However, it *should* be in the backscripts already, so I think that may not
be the problem (unless the GLX framework explicitly call a handler in stack
"revSaveAsStandalone" of stack "revStandaloneSettings").

What handler is it?

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 2:40 PM [-hh] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> James H. wrote:
> > Hi, I am using the GLX framework with LC7 and have hit a snag.
> > Its application builder calls a handler in an LC resource stack
> "revStandaloneSettings.rev" which no longer exists. Looking at
> > the LC package I think it has been replaced by
> > revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript".
> > How do I address the handler from this script only stack file?
> > What is its path/syntax required? James
>
> [1] The Standalone Application Builder uses a custom property
> of each stack, named cRevStandaloneSettings.
> For example
> the cRevStandaloneSettings["defaultBuildFolder"] of this stack
>
> *Platform specific* properties are multi-dimensional written as
> <platform>,<setting> for example
> the cRevStandaloneSettings["Windows,companyname"] of this stack
>
> Platform is one of (as of LC 8.0.0)
> "Windows,MacOSX x86-32,Linux,Linux x64,Linux armv6-hf,Emscripten"
> [Item 5 is for Raspi, currently only available in 7.0.4,
> item 6 is for HTML5, available since 8.0.0-dp4.]
>
> May be you'll find in that property what you need.
>
> [2] If you have the path of the stack and the handlers name
> (may have changed), the syntax should be still the same as before.
>
> (You will know, but for some other readers the hint:
> If you need a handler's name or wish to copy out a short one you
> need to your script, you could use a text editor to open the
> stack, or use Raspi stacks collection #44 = nuzzler7b.livecode
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=112416#p112416
> runs on Win/Mac/Linux/Raspi.)
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Accessing handler in LC resource stack

jameshale
Ali Lloyd-2 wrote
revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript is just a stack named
"revSaveAsStandalone", so can be referred to that way, eg dispatch
"handler" to stack "revSaveAsStandalone".

However, it *should* be in the backscripts already, so I think that may not
be the problem (unless the GLX framework explicitly call a handler in stack
"revSaveAsStandalone" of stack "revStandaloneSettings").
The handler is in the "glxApplicationProperties" plug-in that comes with glx.

Specifically:
 send "revSaveAsStandalone theStack, theOutputFolder" to stack "revSaveAsStandalone" of stack "revStandaloneSettings"

Looks explicit.

BTW This is in a TRY construct and this is where the error arises.
   91,72,1
   532,72,1

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Accessing handler in LC resource stack

Ali Lloyd-2
Ah ok, it just needs the ...of stack "revStandaloneSettings" removed then,
or should be changed to
revSaveAsStandalone theStack, theOutputFolder

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 1:02 AM jameshale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ali Lloyd-2 wrote
> > revsaveasstandalone.livecodescript is just a stack named
> > "revSaveAsStandalone", so can be referred to that way, eg dispatch
> > "handler" to stack "revSaveAsStandalone".
> >
> > However, it *should* be in the backscripts already, so I think that may
> > not
> > be the problem (unless the GLX framework explicitly call a handler in
> > stack
> > "revSaveAsStandalone" of stack "revStandaloneSettings").
>
> The handler is in the "glxApplicationProperties" plug-in that comes with
> glx.
>
> Specifically:
>  send "revSaveAsStandalone theStack, theOutputFolder" to stack
> "revSaveAsStandalone" of stack "revStandaloneSettings"
>
> Looks explicit.
>
> BTW This is in a TRY construct and this is where the error arises.
>    91,72,1
>    532,72,1
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Accessing-handler-in-LC-resource-stack-tp4700856p4700881.html
> Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Accessing handler in LC resource stack

jameshale
Thanks Ali,

Ah ok, it just needs the ...of stack "revStandaloneSettings" removed then,
Worked!

or should be changed to revSaveAsStandalone theStack, theOutputFolder
Didn't work (tried it first :-))