Advice setting up a new project

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hello All,

First of all I hope you all had a nice Xmas despite of all the Covid
limitations.

I have written in Python some crawlers in Scrapy. They are now executed via
the command terminal and are working fine however they are written with
fixed parameters and I want to make it more flexible.

So, I am planning to make a GUI written in LiveCode (if possible) that is
able to act as a layer over a HTML page in Chrome so the user can click on
an element in the webpage so I can read the underlying data.

It's a bit how ColorZilla is picking up a color from an HTML page.

I think I will use Trevor's platform for the creation of the application but
my main question is: are there examples or design patterns to implement the
point and click mechanism?

I know that Hermann who sadly passed away from us did a lot of amazing work
with LiveCode HTML5 but I want to develop it with my current Indy
subscription. I am aware or the Url() command.

Any clues will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Re: Advice setting up a new project

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
If you've already written it in Python, then maybe it's more convenient
for you to use BeeWare so you could deploy your Python app with a GUI to
web and any other platform.

Check beeware.org

I would not use HTML5 from LC, it's far from usefull for a website or
webapplication.

Else i would use html + php or html + lc-server if you are able to
instal lc-server on your server.