Quantcast

Allowed Orientations failing on mobile in 9dp5?

Allowed Orientations failing on mobile in 9dp5?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
This used to work on 8.1.3

on preopenStack
   command sivasiva_InitOrientation "landscape"
end preopenstack

#with these in a library that was started on init.. (i.e. effectively a backscript)

command sivasiva_InitOrientation orientationType
if the environment is not "mobile" then return false
set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "showAll" -- better for wider screens
mobile_SetAllowedOrientation orientationType
end sivasiva_InitOrientation

command mobile_SetAllowedOrientation orientationType
if the environment is not "mobile" then return empty
switch orientationType
case "portrait"
put "portrait,portrait upside down" into allowedOrientations
break
case "landscape"
put "landscape left,landscape right" into allowedOrientations
break
default -- allow all, ignoring face up/down
put "portrait,portrait upside down,landscape left,landscape right" into allowedOrientations
end switch
mobileSetAllowedOrientations allowedOrientations
return allowedOrientations
end mobile_SetAllowedOrientation

This use to force a new stack open in the app to "go sideways" even if the user was holding the phone "upright"

but now standalones built with 9dp5… the stack opens small in portrait mode

is this happening for anyone else?

br

Re: Allowed Orientations failing on mobile in 9dp5?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Thanks foe pointing out that it works in 8.1.3. At the conference, we
tried quite a few versions and none worked. This must be a bug.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com
https://www.facebook.com/marksch

Buy the most extensive book on the
LiveCode language:
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com

Op 11-Mar-17 om 06:03 schreef Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode:

> This used to work on 8.1.3
>
> on preopenStack
>    command sivasiva_InitOrientation "landscape"
> end preopenstack
>
> #with these in a library that was started on init.. (i.e. effectively a backscript)
>
> command sivasiva_InitOrientation orientationType
> if the environment is not "mobile" then return false
> set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "showAll" -- better for wider screens
> mobile_SetAllowedOrientation orientationType
> end sivasiva_InitOrientation
>
> command mobile_SetAllowedOrientation orientationType
> if the environment is not "mobile" then return empty
> switch orientationType
> case "portrait"
> put "portrait,portrait upside down" into allowedOrientations
> break
> case "landscape"
> put "landscape left,landscape right" into allowedOrientations
> break
> default -- allow all, ignoring face up/down
> put "portrait,portrait upside down,landscape left,landscape right" into allowedOrientations
> end switch
> mobileSetAllowedOrientations allowedOrientations
> return allowedOrientations
> end mobile_SetAllowedOrientation
>

> This use to force a new stack open in the app to "go sideways" even if the user was holding the phone "upright"
>
> but now standalones built with 9dp5… the stack opens small in portrait mode
>
> is this happening for anyone else?
>
> br

Re: Allowed Orientations failing on mobile in 9dp5?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hmmm Sorry, I have to "eat those words"

I tried again today in 8.1.3 and it fails. But in some prior standalones… it did work, but I'm not able to trace back to what I did that made it work at that time.