Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
In days of yore, didn’t the Script Editor remember where you were last working and open to that scrolled position the next time you opened it? Unless I’m dreaming, that was a nice feature.

Best,

Roger

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Richomnd.

Yes and no, that is to say, I think it both does and it doesn't. Some SE
windows always open at the bottom. Some open where I left off. In other
words, I am not sure at all.

I think.

Craig

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Who is "Richomnd"?

And, if that is meant to refer to me that's odd as I haven't taken part
in this posting
until I wrote this.

I had a 'bothersome' patch with the scriptEditor yesterday (Mac OS):
I had edited about 70 similar scripts in similar objects.

Now these scripts have 4 parts:

on mouseDown
on mouseEnter
on mouseLeave
on mouseUp

I edited a line in the 'on mouseEnter' part.

At a later part of the day I had to edit them all again (lovely).
On opening the scripts the 'on mouseEnter' was highlighted in the
left-hand bit where
the parts are listed, but the actual script-qua-script had scrolled to
the middle of
the 'on mouseUp' section.

Richmond.

On 17/2/2018 11:57 pm, dunbarx via use-livecode wrote:

> Richomnd.
>
> Yes and no, that is to say, I think it both does and it doesn't. Some SE
> windows always open at the bottom. Some open where I left off. In other
> words, I am not sure at all.
>
> I think.
>
> Craig
>

> --
> Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
On February 18, 2018 2:07:41 AM Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had a 'bothersome' patch with the scriptEditor yesterday (Mac OS):
> I had edited about 70 similar scripts in similar objects.

This setup is what behaviors were invented for. Then you'd only need to
edit one script.

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
you might still be dreaming though. ancient traditions have called this
Maya......the cosmic dream. ;)

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:36 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On February 18, 2018 2:07:41 AM Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I had a 'bothersome' patch with the scriptEditor yesterday (Mac OS):
>> I had edited about 70 similar scripts in similar objects.
>>

> This setup is what behaviors were invented for. Then you'd only need to
> edit one script.

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
"Maya" carries suggestions that it may be illusory . . .

I'm returning to my Yoga-Nidra . . . .

New version of Devawriter Pro:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl79sk9cho1pvqt/Devawriter.ttf.zip?dl=0

Richmond.

On 18/2/2018 11:59 pm, Tom Glod via use-livecode wrote:

> you might still be dreaming though. ancient traditions have called this
> Maya......the cosmic dream. ;)
>
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:36 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On February 18, 2018 2:07:41 AM Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I had a 'bothersome' patch with the scriptEditor yesterday (Mac OS):
>>> I had edited about 70 similar scripts in similar objects.
>>>
>> This setup is what behaviors were invented for. Then you'd only need to
>> edit one script.

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Richmond.

Not the first time I have been caught replying to the last person that
posted, that being the way the nabble thing works, and why I alway sign my
name.

In this instance, of course, Roger did indeed sign his name, and so the
above comment is valueless. Oh, and as for the name typo, since I am sloppy
now and then, this comment as well is valueless.

Craig

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Each script pane used to remember the position of the cursor, even if you closed the CE and reopened it. That was nice. No longer though. On several occassions I deleted existing code thinking my cursor was where I left it, only to find the selection had somehow translated from another pane to the one I was typing in. I'm in the habit now of looking to see if what I typed is what I expected, and undoing (however many times necessary) to correct the error.

Bob S

> On Feb 17, 2018, at 07:58 , Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In days of yore, didn’t the Script Editor remember where you were last working and open to that scrolled position the next time you opened it? Unless I’m dreaming, that was a nice feature.
>

> Best,
>
> Roger

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Same here, Bob. It seems like this should be an easy thing to fix!

Roger