Amazing Grace

barryb@libero.it
Checking my email today after recently signing up for some of the Yahoo! Rev users mailing lists I found 131 spams although that mail server has been free from spam for years due to my careful deployment. Being on Yahoo in this case I had no choice but to divulge it.

I am not blaming those Lists (or Richmond) for this - I expected it and luckily they all go directly into the bin.

However, a solitary one got passed that system and nearly had me fooled for a few seconds. It was from a supposedly named REV SISTER GRACE, yes you've guessed, a Nigerian nun who, calmly blessing me, asked for my bank and personal identity info to trasfer my latest inheritance!

I just can't decide if it was a coincidence or not but it certainly avoided Yahoo!s filters.

All the best and watch out for this saintly soul,
Barry

Re: Amazing Grace

Stephen Barncard
You don't have a special, lose-able e-address for spam-magnets?

People shouldn't give those guys anything one wants to keep. You'll
end up on a "2 billion addresses" DVD.  Get a 'free' yahoo email
account first.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o

Re: Amazing Grace

mwieder
Stephen-

Saturday, February 17, 2007, 8:11:05 AM, you wrote:

> You don't have a special, lose-able e-address for spam-magnets?

> People shouldn't give those guys anything one wants to keep. You'll
> end up on a "2 billion addresses" DVD.  Get a 'free' yahoo email
> account first.

Yahoo does seem like the worst of the bunch. Even the hotmail address
I set up specifically to attract spam has been spam-free. Meanwhile
yahoo even seems to let its own affiliates (eBay etc) spam its lists.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com