Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Do you know if there is an Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS for LiveCode?
We need OAuth and to access audio files to stream them. We are aware
of mergAWS but it is ONLY for iOS. Is there an Android solution or anything
with the new LCB platform???

--Todd

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In LC 9DP8 Business in Standalone Application Settings under Inclusions  Amazon WebServices is listed for Mac,Win,Linux,iOS and Android.
And in the folder Toolset there is a file aws.livecode

But i cannot find an entry for it in the dictionary.

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 26.07.2017 um 16:34 schrieb Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Do you know if there is an Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS for LiveCode?
> We need OAuth and to access audio files to stream them. We are aware
> of mergAWS but it is ONLY for iOS. Is there an Android solution or anything
> with the new LCB platform???
>
> --Todd

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Matthias and Todd,

> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:04 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> In LC 9DP8 Business in Standalone Application Settings under Inclusions  Amazon WebServices is listed for Mac,Win,Linux,iOS and Android.
> And in the folder Toolset there is a file aws.livecode
>
> But i cannot find an entry for it in the dictionary.

ther MERGEXT externals collection (included in LC) support this, but is Mac and iOS only.
Check the dictionary for "aws..."

> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> Matthias Rebbe
> +49 5741 310000
> ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌
>
>> Am 26.07.2017 um 16:34 schrieb Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> Do you know if there is an Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS for LiveCode?
>> We need OAuth and to access audio files to stream them. We are aware
>> of mergAWS but it is ONLY for iOS. Is there an Android solution or anything
>> with the new LCB platform???
>>
>> --Todd

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Ah, then it seems to be an error that it is listed for the other platforms under inclusions.

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:19 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Hi Matthias and Todd,
>
>> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:04 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> In LC 9DP8 Business in Standalone Application Settings under Inclusions  Amazon WebServices is listed for Mac,Win,Linux,iOS and Android.
>> And in the folder Toolset there is a file aws.livecode
>>
>> But i cannot find an entry for it in the dictionary.
>
> ther MERGEXT externals collection (included in LC) support this, but is Mac and iOS only.
> Check the dictionary for "aws..."
>
>> Regards,
>> Matthias
>>
>> Matthias Rebbe
>> +49 5741 310000
>> ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>>‌
>>
>>> Am 26.07.2017 um 16:34 schrieb Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>:
>>>
>>> Do you know if there is an Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS for LiveCode?
>>> We need OAuth and to access audio files to stream them. We are aware
>>> of mergAWS but it is ONLY for iOS. Is there an Android solution or anything
>>> with the new LCB platform???
>>>
>>> --Todd
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de <http://www.major-k.de/>

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Klaus,
i just checked the inclusions in standalone application builder in LC9 DP8 again.
There is an entry for mergAWS and also an other entry for “Amazon Web Services” right after Remote Debugger.
In LC 8.1.6 this is not listed.
So it seems there is now support for AWS in DP8 for all platforms.

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:27 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Ah, then it seems to be an error that it is listed for the other platforms under inclusions.
>
> Matthias Rebbe
> +49 5741 310000
> ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>>‌
>
>> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:19 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>:
>>
>> Hi Matthias and Todd,
>>
>>> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:04 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>:
>>>
>>> In LC 9DP8 Business in Standalone Application Settings under Inclusions  Amazon WebServices is listed for Mac,Win,Linux,iOS and Android.
>>> And in the folder Toolset there is a file aws.livecode
>>>
>>> But i cannot find an entry for it in the dictionary.
>>
>> ther MERGEXT externals collection (included in LC) support this, but is Mac and iOS only.
>> Check the dictionary for "aws..."
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Matthias
>>>
>>> Matthias Rebbe
>>> +49 5741 310000
>>> ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>>>‌

>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>>
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> http://www.major-k.de <http://www.major-k.de/> <http://www.major-k.de/ <http://www.major-k.de/>>

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Matthias,

> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:34 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus,
> i just checked the inclusions in standalone application builder in LC9 DP8 again.
> There is an entry for mergAWS and also an other entry for “Amazon Web Services” right after Remote Debugger.
> In LC 8.1.6 this is not listed.
> So it seems there is now support for AWS in DP8 for all platforms.

ah, great, now they only need to add some documentation 8-)

> Matthias

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi all,

Indeed, a AWS S3 script library was added on Indy and Business editions of
LC 9.0 DP-8.

Unfortunately the docs for that library were not extracted in the 9.0 DP-8
Dictionary (this required an extra step since the dictionary entries had to
be extracted from a password protected stack).

However, they will be present in LC 9.0 DP-9 :)

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Klaus,
> i just checked the inclusions in standalone application builder in LC9 DP8
> again.
> There is an entry for mergAWS and also an other entry for “Amazon Web
> Services” right after Remote Debugger.
> In LC 8.1.6 this is not listed.
> So it seems there is now support for AWS in DP8 for all platforms.
>

> Matthias
>

> Matthias Rebbe
> +49 5741 310000
> ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌
>
> > Am 26.07.2017 um 17:27 schrieb Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> >
> > Ah, then it seems to be an error that it is listed for the other
> platforms under inclusions.
> >
> > Matthias Rebbe
> > +49 5741 310000
> > ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <
> http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>>‌
> >
> >> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:19 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:use-livecode@lists.
> runrev.com>>>:
> >>
> >> Hi Matthias and Todd,

> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:use-livecode@lists.

> Inclusions  Amazon WebServices is listed for Mac,Win,Linux,iOS and Android.

> >> ther MERGEXT externals collection (included in LC) support this, but is
> Mac and iOS only.
> >> Check the dictionary for "aws..."

> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <
> http://matthiasrebbe.eu/> <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/ <
> http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>>>‌

> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:use-livecode@lists.
> runrev.com>> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:
> [hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email]

> LiveCode?
> anything

> >> Best
> >>
> >> Klaus
> >>
> >> --
> >> Klaus Major
> >> http://www.major-k.de <http://www.major-k.de/> <http://www.major-k.de/
> <http://www.major-k.de/>>
> >> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Amazon S3 lib for Android and iOS?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Panos,

> Am 26.07.2017 um 17:47 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Indeed, a AWS S3 script library was added on Indy and Business editions of
> LC 9.0 DP-8.
>
> Unfortunately the docs for that library were not extracted in the 9.0 DP-8
> Dictionary (this required an extra step since the dictionary entries had to
> be extracted from a password protected stack).

this will definitivley go into the top ten of my "extremely cheap excuses" collection! 8-)

> However, they will be present in LC 9.0 DP-9 :)

Go figure! :-D

> Best,
> Panos

Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

On 07/26/2017 09:14 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> this will definitivley go into the top ten of my "extremely cheap excuses" collection! 8-)

Heh.