Android Audio Recorder Woes

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Hello!   I am trying to implement the Android Audio Recorder options in my project, but it’s not working.  I have checked the “Android Audio Recorder” in the Standalone Application Settings, and the called this:

androidRecorderSetRecordFormat "MPEG-4"
put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/ test.mp4") into fPath
androidRecorderStartRecording fPath

The androidRecorderSetRecordFormat seems to be ok as it’s failing on the androidRecorderStartRecording call.   Is there something else I need to do or set to get this working?

Thanks in advance
-Dan

Re: Android Audio Recorder Woes

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Hello Dan,
Which LC version are you using?

Best,
Panos

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 18:51 Dan Friedman via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!   I am trying to implement the Android Audio Recorder options in my
> project, but it’s not working.  I have checked the “Android Audio Recorder”
> in the Standalone Application Settings, and the called this:
>
> androidRecorderSetRecordFormat "MPEG-4"
> put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/ test.mp4") into fPath
> androidRecorderStartRecording fPath
>
> The androidRecorderSetRecordFormat seems to be ok as it’s failing on the
> androidRecorderStartRecording call.   Is there something else I need to do
> or set to get this working?
>
> Thanks in advance
> -Dan

Re: Android Audio Recorder Woes

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Panos.

Thank you for the reply!  I am using LC  9.0.1 (rc 2).

Thank you!

Dan Friedman
CEO, ClearVision Technologies, LLC
Voice: 909/484-2052
http://www.clearvisiontech.com

Re: Android Audio Recorder Woes

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Hello Dan,

Ok, so since 9.0.1 uses the new android permissions model, you might have
to ask for permission to record audio first. See the command
androidRequestPermission in the dictionary.

Best,
Panos

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 23:30 Dan Friedman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Panos.
>

> Thank you for the reply!  I am using LC  9.0.1 (rc 2).
>

> Thank you!
>

> Dan Friedman
>
> CEO, ClearVision Technologies, LLC
>
> Voice: 909/484-2052
>
> http://www.clearvisiontech.com
>

> *From: *panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
> *Date: *Friday, August 31, 2018 at 1:27 PM
> *To: *How to use LiveCode <[hidden email]>
> *Cc: *Dan Friedman <[hidden email]>
> *Subject: *Re: Android Audio Recorder Woes
>

> Hello Dan,
>
> Which LC version are you using?
>

> Best,
>
> Panos
>

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 18:51 Dan Friedman via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!   I am trying to implement the Android Audio Recorder options in my
> project, but it’s not working.  I have checked the “Android Audio Recorder”
> in the Standalone Application Settings, and the called this:
>
> androidRecorderSetRecordFormat "MPEG-4"
> put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/ test.mp4") into fPath
> androidRecorderStartRecording fPath
>
> The androidRecorderSetRecordFormat seems to be ok as it’s failing on the
> androidRecorderStartRecording call.   Is there something else I need to do
> or set to get this working?
>
> Thanks in advance
> -Dan

Re: Android Audio Recorder Woes

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Panos,

Ug!  Yes, that was it.  I feel especially stupid because I already did it for Location Access.   Must be Friday!?!

Thank you!

-Dan

Re: Android Audio Recorder Woes

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Hello Dan,

Hehe no worries, you're welcome. The Android Audio Recorder Lib is
currently the only case where you'll have to ask for a permission
explicitly. In all other cases (including Location) the permission dialog
is shown automatically.

For example, RE location access, if you call
<mobileSensorAvailable("location")>, this will first ask for location
permission.

Kind regards,
Panos