Android Browser Widget JS problem

On any other platform, javascript has had no trouble detecting clientX,screenX,and pageX following touch events and mouse events. These are how JS detects where the user's finger is, on the screen.

On the browser widget in android (6.0.1) it is just returning undefined or 0.

Can anyone suggest ways to get finger positions on this platform?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Android Browser Widget JS problem

Did you already read
https://www.html5rocks.com/en/mobile/touch/
to that?

Re: Android Browser Widget JS problem

Thanks Hermann,

Weirdly, it is not generating touch events, just mouse events.

Even so, mouse move should generate e.screenX.

Actually, clientX, screenX, and pageX are all in the available properties from the event object, but they do not have usable content.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 8, 2017, at 6:35 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Did you already read
> https://www.html5rocks.com/en/mobile/touch/
> to that?

Re: Android Browser Widget JS problem

Have you already seen the answer from here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9585487/cant-get-coordinates-of-touchevents-in-javascript-on-android-devices  ??

Re: Android Browser Widget JS problem

Thanks Hermann,

I have that page, but the event object does not have touches in it, which apparently is some times an issue with android webviews.

It does have e.latitude and e.longitude, which tells me that the webglearth library is modifying the event object but is not keeping e.pageX and similar on this particular device, even though it works on iOS just fine.

I have something kind of working using e.latitude, but it is quirky because the map shifts underneath with these swipes, which changes the references for swiping.

Sent from my iPhone