Quantcast

Android Touchscreen Malfunction

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi All,

Recently, while testing a stack in an Android Phone,
I found with surprise that mouseup and mousedown
messages were triggered very fast (2 or 3 times in
succession).

After checking the phone screen, I noticed a small
(almost unnoticeable) crack in the corner.

How could we change our mouseup and mousedown
scripts for Android Apps to make a workaround
for these kind of malfunctions?

Thanks in advance!

Al

Re: Android Touchscreen Malfunction

On 5/16/2017 2:55 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently, while testing a stack in an Android Phone,
> I found with surprise that mouseup and mousedown
> messages were triggered very fast (2 or 3 times in
> succession).
>
> After checking the phone screen, I noticed a small
> (almost unnoticeable) crack in the corner.
>
> How could we change our mouseup and mousedown
> scripts for Android Apps to make a workaround
> for these kind of malfunctions?

in your handler for mouseDown (or mouseUp) check the pendingMessages
(see Dictionary if unfamiliar with pendingMessages) for any other
mouseDown (or mosueUp) messages pending for the same object and the one
executing.

Paul Dupuis wrote:

 > in your handler for mouseDown (or mouseUp) check the pendingMessages
 > (see Dictionary if unfamiliar with pendingMessages) for any other
 > mouseDown (or mosueUp) messages pending for the same object and the
 > one executing.

Wouldn't the pendingMessages be limited to timers?

On 5/16/2017 4:32 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Paul Dupuis wrote:
>
> > in your handler for mouseDown (or mouseUp) check the pendingMessages
> > (see Dictionary if unfamiliar with pendingMessages) for any other
> > mouseDown (or mosueUp) messages pending for the same object and the
> > one executing.
>
> Wouldn't the pendingMessages be limited to timers?

My mistake. I thought that system messages that were queued up were also
listed in the pendingMessages, so that if, for some reason, move
mouseDown messages were generated while the handler responding to the
current mouseDown was still executing, said "extra" messages would be in
the pendingMessage queue.

Re: Android Touchscreen Malfunction

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I assume flushEvents() isn't available for mobile? At least the 8.1.3
dictionary shows it is for desktop only.

So would something like this work?

local sTaskStatus, sTaskRequests

on mouseUp
     send "doTask" to me in 0 seconds
     put the result & CR after sTaskRequests
end mouseUp

command doTask
      if sTaskStatus is empty
      then put "busy" into sTaskStatus
      else exit doTask

      -- do your task here

      repeat for each line tRequestID in sTaskRequests
          cancel tRequestID
      end repeat
      put empty into sTaskStatus
      put empty into sTaskRequests
end doTask

Phil Davis

On 5/16/17 11:55 AM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently, while testing a stack in an Android Phone,
> I found with surprise that mouseup and mousedown
> messages were triggered very fast (2 or 3 times in
> succession).
>
> After checking the phone screen, I noticed a small
> (almost unnoticeable) crack in the corner.
>
> How could we change our mouseup and mousedown
> scripts for Android Apps to make a workaround
> for these kind of malfunctions?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Al

Phil Davis