Android Virtual Device Application Binary Interface

Android Virtual Device Application Binary Interface

When testing Android builds on a virtual device, is it necessary to use devices created with an ARM abi?  Whenever I try a virtual device created with the default (much faster) x86 abi it results in an error when trying to load the .apk onto the virtual device.

INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113

LiveCode Business 8.1.6
Android Studio 2.3.3
Mac OSX 10.12.6 Sierra

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       http://elementarysoftware.com/
email     [hidden email]
office     1-800-615-0867

Re: Android Virtual Device Application Binary Interface

> On 13 Aug 2017, at 10:16 am, scott--- via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When testing Android builds on a virtual device, is it necessary to use devices created with an ARM abi?

Yes

Cheers

Monte