Android adaptive icons

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
I need to implement an adaptive app icon for Android, as described here:
<https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design_adaptive.html>

I'm not sure how to do this, or whether LC supports it. It seems that
Android Studio will create the icons somehow, but we need to update the
manifest as well?

Has anyone managed this? Without an adaptive icon, the artwork is very
tiny inside a large background. Also, the Play Store says it will no
longer accept new apps without an adaptive icon.