Announcement: New Community Manager

Kevin Miller
Hi folks,

I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
Richard Gaskin.

Read all about it in on the blog here:
http://livecode.com/blog/2014/04/04/announcement-livecode-community-manager/

Richard has also contributed this newsletter article:
http://newsletters.livecode.com/april/issue169/newsletter1.html

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can code

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Walt Brown
Great! Good luck, Richard!

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Kevin Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
> Richard Gaskin.
>
> Read all about it in on the blog here:
>
> http://livecode.com/blog/2014/04/04/announcement-livecode-community-manager/
>
> Richard has also contributed this newsletter article:
> http://newsletters.livecode.com/april/issue169/newsletter1.html
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin
>
> Kevin Miller ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can code

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

J. Landman Gay
On 4/4/14, 10:28 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
> Richard Gaskin.

That's great! No one is better qualified. Congrats, Richard.

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Marty Knapp-2
Congratulations to Richard and RunRev!

Marty Knapp

> Hi folks,
>
> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
> Richard Gaskin.
>
> Read all about it in on the blog here:
> http://livecode.com/blog/2014/04/04/announcement-livecode-community-manager/
>
> Richard has also contributed this newsletter article:
> http://newsletters.livecode.com/april/issue169/newsletter1.html
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin
>
> Kevin Miller ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.livecode.com/

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 04/04/2014 18:28, Kevin Miller wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
> Richard Gaskin.
>
> Read all about it in on the blog here:
> http://livecode.com/blog/2014/04/04/announcement-livecode-community-manager/
>
> Richard has also contributed this newsletter article:
> http://newsletters.livecode.com/april/issue169/newsletter1.html
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin

  Super. You couldn't have got a better man!

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Phil Davis-5
My sentiments exactly. Congratulations!

Phil

--
Phil Davis

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Jerry Jensen
On Apr 4, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Kevin Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
> Richard Gaskin.

Congratulations and massive thanks to Richard. Lets all remember this is a volunteer position. Thats a credit to Richard's character. We all know he's got the chops.
.Jerry

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Thank you Phil, and everyone else, for your generous words.

I think Kevin's sigline says it all:

    LiveCode: Everyone can code

With the new Community Edition, the vision so many of us have had of a
world full of happy LiveCoders is now a more tangible possibility than
ever before.

In fact, last night's user group meeting was a modest good example:  we
had three new members show up, with an interest in bringing even more to
next month's meeting.

As the community continues to grow, the scope of things that can be done
in partnership between RunRev and the community is big.

All the best open source projects get this, and I've been impressed with
Kevin's earnest commitment to open source process.  His willingness to
commit resources to working with someone in a position of community
advocacy is a good step forward for the project.

> Announcement: New Community Manager
> Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
> Fri Apr 4 19:48:53 CEST 2014

> My sentiments exactly. Congratulations!
>
> Phil
>

> On 4/4/14, 9:09 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> On 4/4/14, 10:28 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
>>> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
>>> Richard Gaskin.
>>
>> That's great! No one is better qualified. Congrats, Richard.
>>

> --
> Phil Davis

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
Thanks Richard for taking on this selfless service. It is a much
needed role and will no doubt take Livecode forward big time

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

> On Apr 4, 2014, at 8:21 AM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 4, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Kevin Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
>> Richard Gaskin.
>
> Congratulations and massive thanks to Richard. Lets all remember this is a volunteer position. Thats a credit to Richard's character. We all know he's got the chops.
> .Jerry

RE: Announcement: New Community Manager

Ralph DiMola
Richard,

Thanks for taking this responsibility!!!! This will no doubt help expand the
LC universe.

Good Luck

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Dave Kilroy
Congratulations Richard, the LiveCode community is lucky to get you, I hope you enjoy what will undoubtedly be a lot of hard work - best of luck!

Kind regards

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

mwieder
J. Landman Gay <jacque@...> writes:

> That's great! No one is better qualified. Congrats, Richard.

I think Richard is much better qualified than No one.

Seriously, this is the next logical step in the FOSS process after the
Kickstarter open-source drive. Richard has been spearheading the effort to
get a community manager in place for some time now, and I think he is the
ideal person for this position. I remain convinced that the future of the
LiveCode platform is in good hands.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

On 04/04/14 22:10, Mark Wieder wrote:

> J. Landman Gay <jacque@...> writes:
>
>> That's great! No one is better qualified. Congrats, Richard.
> I think Richard is much better qualified than No one.
>
> Seriously, this is the next logical step in the FOSS process after the
> Kickstarter open-source drive. Richard has been spearheading the effort to
> get a community manager in place for some time now, and I think he is the
> ideal person for this position. I remain convinced that the future of the
> LiveCode platform is in good hands.

Especially if he gets a kilt.

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Alain Farmer
Hello y'all,
Congratulations Richard. Good move, Kevin. :-)
I would like to share hundreds of handlers I have developed over time (years).
I will also want to share stacks I'm crafting to master certain features; revXML at this time.

What is the best way to do this ?
Btw, I may be asking some newbie/hypercard-centric questions as I refactor my old code.
Let's rock!
Alain

  [hidden email]                http://www.FourthWorld.com

> Announcement: New Community Manager
> Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
> Fri Apr 4 19:48:53 CEST 2014

> My sentiments exactly. Congratulations!
>
> Phil
>

> On 4/4/14, 9:09 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> On 4/4/14, 10:28 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
>>> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
>>> Richard Gaskin.
>>
>> That's great! No one is better qualified. Congrats, Richard.
>>

> --
> Phil Davis

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Richard Gaskin
Alain Farmer wrote:

> Hello y'all,
> Congratulations Richard. Good move, Kevin. :-)

Thanks, Alain.

> I would like to share hundreds of handlers I have developed over time (years).
> I will also want to share stacks I'm crafting to master certain features; revXML at this time.
>
> What is the best way to do this ?

At the moment the best place to do that is RevOnline (in the IDE toolbar
see "User Samples").

  Fourth World
  Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/FourthWorldSys

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

mwieder
I want to add that this announcement comes on the auspicious 20th
anniversary of Fourth World's founding. So even more congratulations on 4/4/14.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Mark Wieder wrote:
> I want to add that this announcement comes on the auspicious 20th
> anniversary of Fourth World's founding. So even more congratulations on 4/4/14.

Thank you, Mark.  It did work out rather nicely with the timing.

While Fourth World's 20th anniversary isn't quite as big a deal as, say,
Apple's, it's been a good ride here, and very satisfying to have been
able to most of my work all this time in xTalk.

  Fourth World
  Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/FourthWorldSys

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

scott@elementarysoftware.com
Awesome news!

Scott Morrow

On Apr 4, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Kevin Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am delighted to announce the appointment of our new Community Manager,
> Richard Gaskin.
>
> Read all about it in on the blog here:
> http://livecode.com/blog/2014/04/04/announcement-livecode-community-manager/
>
> Richard has also contributed this newsletter article:
> http://newsletters.livecode.com/april/issue169/newsletter1.html
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin
>
> Kevin Miller ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can code

Re: Announcement: New Community Manager

Robert Brenstein
Congrats, Richard! I believe you are the right man for the job. Good luck!

RObert