Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
What's the story with Ask and Answer dialogs in Windows Standalones? I can't get them to show up. In the Standalone settings, when selecting your inclusions, they are pre-selected. In fact if you uncheck them, close the settings window, save, then open the setting again, they are selected again. I've tried to build standalones with them selected and not selected but I can't tell if the setting is even sticking. But either way I have no Answer dialogs.

Using LC 9.0.1 stable

Marty

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I can conform this issue with 9.0.1 stable under Windows 8.1

Created a new stack in LC9.0.1 with a Quit button and a Question button
with the following script:

*on*mouseUp pMouseButton

*answer*"Do you want:"with"A"or"B"or"C"

*answer*"You selected:"&&it with"OK"

*end*mouseUp

And build a default Windows standalone.

The script behaves as expected in the IDE, generates nothing (no answer
dialogs) in the Standalone.

On 9/12/2018 3:56 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:

> What's the story with Ask and Answer dialogs in Windows Standalones? I can't get them to show up. In the Standalone settings, when selecting your inclusions, they are pre-selected. In fact if you uncheck them, close the settings window, save, then open the setting again, they are selected again. I've tried to build standalones with them selected and not selected but I can't tell if the setting is even sticking. But either way I have no Answer dialogs.
>
> Using LC 9.0.1 stable
>
> Marty

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi,

i cannot confirm this here for  Windows 10 and LC Business. All is working well.

I created a stack and added 2 buttons. One with a mouseup/answer and one with a mousuep/ask script.

I set up the standalone settings to create the default Win/Mac/Linux and also to create only a Windows app.

Both Windows standalones showed the correct behaviour and displayed the ask and answer dialogs correctly.

I´ve created even a Windows app under MAC OS X and tried that under Windows 10. That is also showing the correct behaviour.

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 12.09.2018 um 23:01 schrieb Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> I can conform this issue with 9.0.1 stable under Windows 8.1
>
> Created a new stack in LC9.0.1 with a Quit button and a Question button
> with the following script:
>
> *on*mouseUp pMouseButton
>
> *answer*"Do you want:"with"A"or"B"or"C"
>
> *answer*"You selected:"&&it with"OK"
>
> *end*mouseUp
>
> And build a default Windows standalone.
>
> The script behaves as expected in the IDE, generates nothing (no answer
> dialogs) in the Standalone.
>

> On 9/12/2018 3:56 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:
>> What's the story with Ask and Answer dialogs in Windows Standalones? I can't get them to show up. In the Standalone settings, when selecting your inclusions, they are pre-selected. In fact if you uncheck them, close the settings window, save, then open the setting again, they are selected again. I've tried to build standalones with them selected and not selected but I can't tell if the setting is even sticking. But either way I have no Answer dialogs.
>>
>> Using LC 9.0.1 stable
>>
>> Marty

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
forgot to mention, the of course i used also the final release of LC 9.0.1.

> Am 13.09.2018 um 00:28 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> i cannot confirm this here for  Windows 10 and LC Business. All is working well.
>
> I created a stack and added 2 buttons. One with a mouseup/answer and one with a mousuep/ask script.
>
> I set up the standalone settings to create the default Win/Mac/Linux and also to create only a Windows app.
>
> Both Windows standalones showed the correct behaviour and displayed the ask and answer dialogs correctly.
>
> I´ve created even a Windows app under MAC OS X and tried that under Windows 10. That is also showing the correct behaviour.
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

>> Am 12.09.2018 um 23:01 schrieb Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I can conform this issue with 9.0.1 stable under Windows 8.1
>>
>> Created a new stack in LC9.0.1 with a Quit button and a Question button
>> with the following script:
>>
>> *on*mouseUp pMouseButton
>>
>> *answer*"Do you want:"with"A"or"B"or"C"
>>
>> *answer*"You selected:"&&it with"OK"
>>
>> *end*mouseUp
>>
>> And build a default Windows standalone.
>>
>> The script behaves as expected in the IDE, generates nothing (no answer
>> dialogs) in the Standalone.
>>

>> On 9/12/2018 3:56 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:
>>> What's the story with Ask and Answer dialogs in Windows Standalones? I can't get them to show up. In the Standalone settings, when selecting your inclusions, they are pre-selected. In fact if you uncheck them, close the settings window, save, then open the setting again, they are selected again. I've tried to build standalones with them selected and not selected but I can't tell if the setting is even sticking. But either way I have no Answer dialogs.
>>>
>>> Using LC 9.0.1 stable
>>>
>>> Marty

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Are you selecting you own inclusions or letting LC take care of that? In my case I need to select my own.

Marty

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 3:28 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> i cannot confirm this here for  Windows 10 and LC Business. All is working well.
>
> I created a stack and added 2 buttons. One with a mouseup/answer and one with a mousuep/ask script.
>
> I set up the standalone settings to create the default Win/Mac/Linux and also to create only a Windows app.
>
> Both Windows standalones showed the correct behaviour and displayed the ask and answer dialogs correctly.
>
> I´ve created even a Windows app under MAC OS X and tried that under Windows 10. That is also showing the correct behaviour.
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

>> Am 12.09.2018 um 23:01 schrieb Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I can conform this issue with 9.0.1 stable under Windows 8.1
>>
>> Created a new stack in LC9.0.1 with a Quit button and a Question button
>> with the following script:
>>
>> *on*mouseUp pMouseButton
>>
>> *answer*"Do you want:"with"A"or"B"or"C"
>>
>> *answer*"You selected:"&&it with"OK"
>>
>> *end*mouseUp
>>
>> And build a default Windows standalone.
>>
>> The script behaves as expected in the IDE, generates nothing (no answer
>> dialogs) in the Standalone.
>>

>> On 9/12/2018 3:56 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:
>>> What's the story with Ask and Answer dialogs in Windows Standalones? I can't get them to show up. In the Standalone settings, when selecting your inclusions, they are pre-selected. In fact if you uncheck them, close the settings window, save, then open the setting again, they are selected again. I've tried to build standalones with them selected and not selected but I can't tell if the setting is even sticking. But either way I have no Answer dialogs.
>>>
>>> Using LC 9.0.1 stable
>>>
>>> Marty

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I‘ve used the default setting ‚Search for....‘

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

> Am 13.09.2018 um 00:31 schrieb Knapp Martin via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Are you selecting you own inclusions or letting LC take care of that? In my case I need to select my own.
>
> Marty
>
>> On Sep 12, 2018, at 3:28 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i cannot confirm this here for  Windows 10 and LC Business. All is working well.
>>
>> I created a stack and added 2 buttons. One with a mouseup/answer and one with a mousuep/ask script.
>>
>> I set up the standalone settings to create the default Win/Mac/Linux and also to create only a Windows app.
>>
>> Both Windows standalones showed the correct behaviour and displayed the ask and answer dialogs correctly.
>>
>> I´ve created even a Windows app under MAC OS X and tried that under Windows 10. That is also showing the correct behaviour.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>>> Am 12.09.2018 um 23:01 schrieb Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I can conform this issue with 9.0.1 stable under Windows 8.1
>>>
>>> Created a new stack in LC9.0.1 with a Quit button and a Question button
>>> with the following script:
>>>
>>> *on*mouseUp pMouseButton
>>>
>>> *answer*"Do you want:"with"A"or"B"or"C"
>>>
>>> *answer*"You selected:"&&it with"OK"
>>>
>>> *end*mouseUp
>>>
>>> And build a default Windows standalone.
>>>
>>> The script behaves as expected in the IDE, generates nothing (no answer
>>> dialogs) in the Standalone.

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I let LC set the inclusions

On 9/12/2018 6:31 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:

> Are you selecting you own inclusions or letting LC take care of that? In my case I need to select my own.
>
> Marty
>
>> On Sep 12, 2018, at 3:28 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i cannot confirm this here for  Windows 10 and LC Business. All is working well.
>>
>> I created a stack and added 2 buttons. One with a mouseup/answer and one with a mousuep/ask script.
>>
>> I set up the standalone settings to create the default Win/Mac/Linux and also to create only a Windows app.
>>
>> Both Windows standalones showed the correct behaviour and displayed the ask and answer dialogs correctly.
>>
>> I´ve created even a Windows app under MAC OS X and tried that under Windows 10. That is also showing the correct behaviour.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>>> Am 12.09.2018 um 23:01 schrieb Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I can conform this issue with 9.0.1 stable under Windows 8.1
>>>
>>> Created a new stack in LC9.0.1 with a Quit button and a Question button
>>> with the following script:
>>>
>>> *on*mouseUp pMouseButton
>>>
>>> *answer*"Do you want:"with"A"or"B"or"C"
>>>
>>> *answer*"You selected:"&&it with"OK"
>>>
>>> *end*mouseUp
>>>
>>> And build a default Windows standalone.
>>>
>>> The script behaves as expected in the IDE, generates nothing (no answer
>>> dialogs) in the Standalone.

Re: Answer & Ask dialogs in Windows Standalones

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I’ve been trying it both ways and sometimes it “takes” and sometimes it doesn’t.