Any experiences with LC videograbber?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Hello,

I am testing the videoGrabber functions and have downloaded the
videoGrabberTest stack on Win 7 with LC 6.5.2. Neither
revInitializeVideoGrabber, nore revPreviewVideo or any of the other commands
seems to do anything.

Any experiences with these commands or this test stack?

IS anybody using these functions for longer and can tell about his
experiences regarding compatibility with different Win and OS X systems? Are
there dependencies on specific webcams and/or drivers? Or do these functions
only work with a "real" video camera, connected to a special interface and
not a simple USB webcam?

Thanks for any experiences

Tiemo

Re: Any experiences with LC videograbber?

Martin Koob
I had been using revVideoGrabber in my Mac OS X program.   I started to have difficulties with later Mac Book Pros with retina screens.   I think there were other issues as well.   Search the QA centre http://quality.runrev.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=videograbber and you can see the confirmed but unresolved bugs there.

 I switched  to using Monte's mergAV external which has really worked well for me and it has additional features such as being able to set capture settings by script.  This is Mac OS X and iOS only however.

I haven't any experience with using it on Windows.

Martin

AW: Any experiences with LC videograbber?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Thanks Martin for your experience
Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----