Anyone archived the information from http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hi,

a very long time ago Andre Garzia posted some useful information about how to use (Livecode) server processes effectively.
Unfortunately the link to that information

"Spreading the load or why wise developers use asynchronous workflows"
http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

is not working anymore.

Did someone archive that information and is willing to share it? I really would appreciate that.

Regards,
Matthias

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

Re: Anyone archived the information from http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Matthias:
Try: https://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/faoKGyaT/revserver-tips-spreading-the-load-or-why-wise-developers-use-asynchronous-workflows <https://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/faoKGyaT/revserver-tips-spreading-the-load-or-why-wise-developers-use-asynchronous-workflows>
Bill

William A. Prothero
https://earthlearningsolutions.org

> On Oct 11, 2020, at 2:25 AM, matthias rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> a very long time ago Andre Garzia posted some useful information about how to use (Livecode) server processes effectively.
> Unfortunately the link to that information
>
> "Spreading the load or why wise developers use asynchronous workflows"
> http://andregarzia.com/async.irev
>
> is not working anymore.
>
> Did someone archive that information and is willing to share it? I really would appreciate that.
>

> Regards,
> Matthias
>

> -
> Matthias Rebbe
> Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

Re: Anyone archived the information from http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hi Bill,
thanks, but that post mentions the url http://andregarzia.com/async.irev
for further reading

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

> Am 11.10.2020 um 18:46 schrieb William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Matthias:
> Try: https://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/faoKGyaT/revserver-tips-spreading-the-load-or-why-wise-developers-use-asynchronous-workflows <https://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/faoKGyaT/revserver-tips-spreading-the-load-or-why-wise-developers-use-asynchronous-workflows>
> Bill
>
> William A. Prothero
> https://earthlearningsolutions.org
>
>> On Oct 11, 2020, at 2:25 AM, matthias rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> a very long time ago Andre Garzia posted some useful information about how to use (Livecode) server processes effectively.
>> Unfortunately the link to that information
>>
>> "Spreading the load or why wise developers use asynchronous workflows"
>> http://andregarzia.com/async.irev
>>
>> is not working anymore.
>>
>> Did someone archive that information and is willing to share it? I really would appreciate that.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Matthias
>>

>> -
>> Matthias Rebbe
>> Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

Re: Anyone archived the information from http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Ahh,
I’d like to see it too.
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

On 10/11/20 9:46 AM, William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:
> Matthias:
> Try: https://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/faoKGyaT/revserver-tips-spreading-the-load-or-why-wise-developers-use-asynchronous-workflows <https://use-livecode.runrev.narkive.com/faoKGyaT/revserver-tips-spreading-the-load-or-why-wise-developers-use-asynchronous-workflows>

Bill-

That's an interesting archive. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I'd
completely forgotten that discussion.

Any idea why narkive stopped collecting posts two years ago?

Re: Anyone archived the information from http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hi Friends,

I looked in my archives here but I can't find that post. I probably did
that just to solve the size limitation for the forum and failed to archive
it anywhere. I think that content was lost :-(

If this is a topic that you folks feel is under-explored, I could come up
with a new post or video.

Best

https://www.andregarzia.com <http://www.andregarzia.com>
Want to support me? Buy me a coffee at https://ko-fi.com/andregarzia

Re: Anyone archived the information from http://andregarzia.com/async.irev

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hi Andre,
thanks for the offer, but i am sure i found now the complete information.
There was also an article written by you in the RevUp newsletter on the 12th of August 2010.

Here's the link, if anyone else is interested:
http://newsletters.livecode.com/august/issue98/newsletter2.php

Regards,

-