Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Mark Rauterkus-2
Hi,

These Word Camp events might be a great way to share some of the love for
LiveCode, if you are a blogger and using WordPress, especially.

https://2016.pittsburgh.wordcamp.org/

I just went to my first a week long Steel City CodeFest in my town. Fun. No
LiveCode. But next year, we'll gear up with some teams, I expect.

Most of the show off stuff at CodeFest was only prototype stuff.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       [hidden email]

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Stephen Barncard-4
Livecode server pages can always be shown via another (PHP) page using
iFrames in the html code

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Mark Rauterkus <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> These Word Camp events might be a great way to share some of the love for
> LiveCode, if you are a blogger and using WordPress, especially.
>

> https://2016.pittsburgh.wordcamp.org/
>

> I just went to my first a week long Steel City CodeFest in my town. Fun. No
> LiveCode. But next year, we'll gear up with some teams, I expect.
>
> Most of the show off stuff at CodeFest was only prototype stuff.
>

> --
> Ta.
>

> Mark Rauterkus       [hidden email]

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Dave Kilroy
About a year ago I asked Simon Smith (sometimes active on this list, runs a nice LiveCode resource at http://activethought.net/about/) to help me create a 'code bridge' between a Wordpress website and LiveCode Server

I also had WooCommerce installed on WordPress which I think in some ways made Simon's job harder. Anyway he was great, I think in the end a deep understanding of Wordpress and a WooCommerce plugin was most of what was needed rather than lots of php code - but the complexity of setting it all up was more than I wanted (or was able) to do. Simon please reply here saying what you really did!

What now is in place is that whenever a user buys a product in WooCommerce/Wordpress a message is sent to my LiveCode script (on the same server), and from this script I populate/update a different database, send notifying emails etc.

If I can face it I might dive in again to set up further integrations...

So, if you want to get WordPress and LiveCode Server to talk to each other and want some help, Simon is your man!

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Simon Smith-2
Thanks for the kind words Dave.

The project involved using WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions.

WooCommerce Subscriptions has numerous hooks that we could tie into
everything depending on the event (e.g. Person activates a subscription)
and CURL was used to pass that information to the LiveCode scripts. It was
a bit of a process to get the necessary fields.

There are a couple of ways to integrate LiveCode and WordPress (interact
with content from WordPress), it just depends on what you are wanting to
do. E.g. WordPress has the WP Rest API (https://github.com/WP-API/WP-API).
That is probably one of the better options if you want LiveCode to interact
with WordPress. WooCommerce also has its own API aswell.

If you want WordPress to interact with LiveCode you have a good number of
options aswell. We created a simple LiveCode script that data could get
posted to via CURL. There are other options - some of them depend on the
PHP/hosting settings and curl is what worked best.

Simon

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> About a year ago I asked Simon Smith (sometimes active on this list, runs a
> nice LiveCode resource at http://activethought.net/about/) to help me
> create
> a 'code bridge' between a Wordpress website and LiveCode Server
>
> I also had WooCommerce installed on WordPress which I think in some ways
> made Simon's job harder. Anyway he was great, I think in the end a deep
> understanding of Wordpress and a WooCommerce plugin was most of what was
> needed rather than lots of php code - but the complexity of setting it all
> up was more than I wanted (or was able) to do. Simon please reply here
> saying what you really did!
>
> What now is in place is that whenever a user buys a product in
> WooCommerce/Wordpress a message is sent to my LiveCode script (on the same
> server), and from this script I populate/update a different database, send
> notifying emails etc.
>
> If I can face it I might dive in again to set up further integrations...
>
> So, if you want to get WordPress and LiveCode Server to talk to each other
> and want some help, Simon is your man!
>
> Dave
>

> -----
> "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes
> the other 90% of the time."
> Peter M. Brigham

Carpe diem

*Simon Smith*
m. +27 83 306 7862

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Todd Fabacher
Good News for WP to LiveCode linking. We have completed an App that allows
you to control most WP function from LiveCode using the REST API.

It addiction we have a complete and detailed wrap of the WOO Commerce REST
API. It has taken us six months to get this right and well tested.

We will setup a sample website and create a simple App to demo the
functionality in the next week or two. I will talk to Steven about writing
an article that explains then entire functionality and process. We are
creating them as script only stacks that can be easily imported into any
project or on LC Server.

We have been talking to Richard about opening them to the community as open
source. We just wanted to make sure the code is solid before releasing
everything. Woo is finished, we are just dealing with the WP REST API now.

We are using HTTPS, as Woo requires, so we also have an example of OAuth
2.0 in LiveCode if anyone is interested. Narek is finishing the project in
the next few days and we will setup a sample server to the public to test
on, but please be kind to follow coders be not killing the DB with 20,000
records or posting nasty stuff.

Best,

Todd Fabacher
RH

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

RH
Todd, this is exiting. I am especially interested in the OAuth 2.0 in
LiveCode.
Good news.
Roland

On 15 April 2016 at 03:20, Todd Fabacher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good News for WP to LiveCode linking. We have completed an App that allows
> you to control most WP function from LiveCode using the REST API.
>
> It addiction we have a complete and detailed wrap of the WOO Commerce REST
> API. It has taken us six months to get this right and well tested.
>
> We will setup a sample website and create a simple App to demo the
> functionality in the next week or two. I will talk to Steven about writing
> an article that explains then entire functionality and process. We are
> creating them as script only stacks that can be easily imported into any
> project or on LC Server.
>
> We have been talking to Richard about opening them to the community as open
> source. We just wanted to make sure the code is solid before releasing
> everything. Woo is finished, we are just dealing with the WP REST API now.
>
> We are using HTTPS, as Woo requires, so we also have an example of OAuth
> 2.0 in LiveCode if anyone is interested. Narek is finishing the project in
> the next few days and we will setup a sample server to the public to test
> on, but please be kind to follow coders be not killing the DB with 20,000
> records or posting nasty stuff.
>
> Best,
>
> Todd Fabacher

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Marty Knapp-2
I'm very excited about what you're cooking up!

--
Best regards,
Marty Knapp

> Good News for WP to LiveCode linking. We have completed an App that allows
> you to control most WP function from LiveCode using the REST API.
>
> It addiction we have a complete and detailed wrap of the WOO Commerce REST
> API. It has taken us six months to get this right and well tested.
>
> We will setup a sample website and create a simple App to demo the
> functionality in the next week or two. I will talk to Steven about writing
> an article that explains then entire functionality and process. We are
> creating them as script only stacks that can be easily imported into any
> project or on LC Server.
>
> We have been talking to Richard about opening them to the community as open
> source. We just wanted to make sure the code is solid before releasing
> everything. Woo is finished, we are just dealing with the WP REST API now.
>
> We are using HTTPS, as Woo requires, so we also have an example of OAuth
> 2.0 in LiveCode if anyone is interested. Narek is finishing the project in
> the next few days and we will setup a sample server to the public to test
> on, but please be kind to follow coders be not killing the DB with 20,000
> records or posting nasty stuff.
>
> Best,
>
> Todd Fabacher

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Dave Kilroy
Todd that sounds great! Please pass on my congratulations to Narek and all others involved :)
Peter M. Brigham

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Mark Smith
Great job. Thank you for being so generous

Mark

Re: Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Bob Sneidar-2
On Apr 14, 2016, at 18:20 , Todd Fabacher <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

It addiction we have a complete and detailed wrap

Wraps are good, especially the barbecue chicken wraps, but calling them an addiction may me overstating your case. ;-)