Apple commissions

ELS Prothero via use-livecode
Apple, in what seems to me like a giant screw you to Epic Games (or leveraging in current court battles), is cutting their piece of the pie in half for small developers: 30% --> 15%
https://www.engadget.com/apple-small-business-program-15-percent-112259064.html <https://www.engadget.com/apple-small-business-program-15-percent-112259064.html>

As someone earning substantially south of $1M annually I am super excited about this. Big Sur begins to combine the iOS and macOS platforms opening up a larger platform AND offers a larger revenue cut.

-Andrew Bell

Re: Apple commissions

ELS Prothero via use-livecode
Cooool. That's amazing news. Thanks for the heads up.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital *

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 13:43, Andrew at MidWest Coast Media via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apple, in what seems to me like a giant screw you to Epic Games (or
> leveraging in current court battles), is cutting their piece of the pie in
> half for small developers: 30% --> 15%
>
> https://www.engadget.com/apple-small-business-program-15-percent-112259064.html
> <
> https://www.engadget.com/apple-small-business-program-15-percent-112259064.html
> >

> As someone earning substantially south of $1M annually I am super excited
> about this. Big Sur begins to combine the iOS and macOS platforms opening
> up a larger platform AND offers a larger revenue cut.
>
> -Andrew Bell

Re: Apple commissions

ELS Prothero via use-livecode
The news page from Apple:
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/11/apple-announces-app-store-small-business-program/

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital *

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 14:29, Sean Cole (Pi) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cooool. That's amazing news. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Sean Cole
> *Pi Digital *
>

> On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 13:43, Andrew at MidWest Coast Media via
> use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Apple, in what seems to me like a giant screw you to Epic Games (or
>> leveraging in current court battles), is cutting their piece of the pie in
>> half for small developers: 30% --> 15%
>>
>> https://www.engadget.com/apple-small-business-program-15-percent-112259064.html
>> <
>> https://www.engadget.com/apple-small-business-program-15-percent-112259064.html
>> >

>> As someone earning substantially south of $1M annually I am super excited
>> about this. Big Sur begins to combine the iOS and macOS platforms opening
>> up a larger platform AND offers a larger revenue cut.
>>
>> -Andrew Bell

Re: Apple commissions

ELS Prothero via use-livecode
Thanks!

Wow 1 milion dollars, whish i could earn that in a year.