Apples Script Execution Error in Standalone

Apples Script Execution Error in Standalone

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I have this:  in a custom property in a stack and we pass the user name and password, then "do as applescript"

and the server is mounted

tell application "Finder"
mount volume "afp://192.163.102.8/Chola" as user name "#######" with password "#####"
end tell

put the result into fld "status"

Script looks into user login prefs, replaces the strings

When run in the IDE (8.1.5) the server/sharepoint  mounts, the result is empty

url file://<file:///>"   can now address ~/Volumes/Chola

folders and files.

but if I do an SA with 8.1.5 we get  the result

"execution error"

immediately after the attempt to run the apple script from the Standalone.

Now, what is peculiar is:  I have the *exact* same routine in another app, standalone made with "god only know what old version of LC…" circa V7.*

and it mounts the server just fine.

Has anyone reported issues with Applescript execution in Standalones since 8.*  ??

There's no code to debug… the scripts are exactly the same in this stack as in the old, old one made into SA with pre 8 verison of LC…that works. It also works in the IDE…
 I don't see anything in the new inclusions that say something is required for AppleScript to execute (would not make sense to need an external)

So, any ideas?

BR

Re: Apples Script Execution Error in Standalone

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
AppleScript didn't change since v7.
But networking did ...