Array Column Subset Revisited

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi all.

We know we can set the customKeys of an object, which will delete any elements of the custom properties not in the list we set it to. Wouldn't it be great if you do the same with the keys of an array? Currently, the keys of an array are read only. If they were settable, you could effectively get just the column(s) of an array (like the dgData of a datagrid) without having to iterate through every array element.

It may be nitpicking though, if the time savings are negligible.

Re: Array Column Subset Revisited

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Have you tried the "intersect" command?

> Hi all.
>
> We know we can set the customKeys of an object, which will delete any elements of the custom properties not in the list we set it to. Wouldn't it be great if you do the same with the keys of an array? Currently, the keys of an array are read only. If they were settable, you could effectively get just the column(s) of an array (like the dgData of a datagrid) without having to iterate through every array element.
>
> It may be nitpicking though, if the time savings are negligible.

Re: Array Column Subset Revisited

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
That's funny; I thought the "intersect" command was for finding out if
objects overlapped
each other.

Richmond.

On 29/6/2018 9:39 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:

> Have you tried the "intersect" command?
>
> On 6/28/18 4:44 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> We know we can set the customKeys of an object, which will delete any
>> elements of the custom properties not in the list we set it to.
>> Wouldn't it be great if you do the same with the keys of an array?
>> Currently, the keys of an array are read only. If they were settable,
>> you could effectively get just the column(s) of an array (like the
>> dgData of a datagrid) without having to iterate through every array
>> element.
>>
>> It may be nitpicking though, if the time savings are negligible.
>>
>> Bob S

Re: Array Column Subset Revisited

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
That one's the function. The command works with arrays.