Array converted to text in IDE...

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
In LC9 (and probably earlier) , has anyone else been looking at custom
properties of an object in the IDE and accidentally converted an Array
to text without any warning or even realizing it had happened until
their application stopped working correctly?

I searched the Quality Center to see if there was any enhancement
request to either:

A) Allow proper editing of array data in the property inspector - if an
array can be viewed and edited in the runtime debugger, why not the
property inspector?

OR

B) Present some warning that says "You are about to convert this array
to text. Are you sure?"

Obviously A is the preferred choice.

Re: Array converted to text in IDE...

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Do you have an example of the problem? The PI uses the tree view widget and should handle arrays. The one possible issue would be if the key had a comma which could cause issues (don’t think the PI has changed to support that but I do know an update to the widget is done - pathDelimiter)

Thanks,
Brian
On Aug 8, 2018, 9:54 AM -0500, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> In LC9 (and probably earlier) , has anyone else been looking at custom
> properties of an object in the IDE and accidentally converted an Array
> to text without any warning or even realizing it had happened until
> their application stopped working correctly?
>
> I searched the Quality Center to see if there was any enhancement
> request to either:
>
> A) Allow proper editing of array data in the property inspector - if an
> array can be viewed and edited in the runtime debugger, why not the
> property inspector?
>
> OR
>
> B) Present some warning that says "You are about to convert this array
> to text. Are you sure?"
>
> Obviously A is the preferred choice.

Re: Array converted to text in IDE... [User Error!]

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Never Mind. Dumb user error!