Ask dialogs in iOS10 with apps built with LC 6.7.11

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ask dialogs in iOS10 with apps built with LC 6.7.11

Dave Kilroy
I’m getting what seems to be a bug but would like to check it out with you guys first…

If I use LC 6.7.11 (and Xcode 7.3.1) to build an app that contains an ‘Ask question’ and/or ‘Ask password’ dialog box - on iOS 9.3.5 they work fine - but on iOS 10 the ‘Ask’ dialogs get converted to ‘Answer’ dialogs i.e. there is nowhere for the user to write anything and there is only the title and a ‘Cancel’ and ‘OK’ button.

Can any of you confirm this? Or even better, share a workaround?

Kind regards

Dave
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ask dialogs in iOS10 with apps built with LC 6.7.11

Peter TB Brett


On 06/10/2016 11:14, Dave Kilroy wrote:

> I’m getting what seems to be a bug but would like to check it out
> with you guys first…
>
> If I use LC 6.7.11 (and Xcode 7.3.1) to build an app that contains an
> ‘Ask question’ and/or ‘Ask password’ dialog box - on iOS 9.3.5 they
> work fine - but on iOS 10 the ‘Ask’ dialogs get converted to ‘Answer’
> dialogs i.e. there is nowhere for the user to write anything and
> there is only the title and a ‘Cancel’ and ‘OK’ button.
>
> Can any of you confirm this? Or even better, share a workaround?

I believe that this may be due to an LiveCode engine bug, affecting 6.7,
7.0, 7.1 and 8.0, that is fixed in LC 8.1.0.

                                             Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager

lcb-mode for Emacs: https://github.com/peter-b/lcb-mode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ask dialogs in iOS10 with apps built with LC 6.7.11

Dave Kilroy
In reply to this post by Dave Kilroy
Thanks Peter for the lightning fast response!

OK I thought it must be general thing (and yet another reason to move to LC 8.1)

Actually (nearly) all my work is in LC 8.1.1 now - this particular app I’m using 6.7.11 on is a legacy one for a client that I’m modernising bit by bit - and am now recommending a ‘great leap forward’ to 8.1.1…

Kind regards

Dave




On 06/10/2016 11:10, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> I believe that this may be due to an LiveCode engine bug, affecting 6.7,
> 7.0, 7.1 and 8.0, that is fixed in LC 8.1.0.
>
>
>> On 6 Oct 2016, at 11:14, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I’m getting what seems to be a bug but would like to check it out with you guys first…
>>
>> If I use LC 6.7.11 (and Xcode 7.3.1) to build an app that contains an ‘Ask question’ and/or ‘Ask password’ dialog box - on iOS 9.3.5 they work fine - but on iOS 10 the ‘Ask’ dialogs get converted to ‘Answer’ dialogs i.e. there is nowhere for the user to write anything and there is only the title and a ‘Cancel’ and ‘OK’ button.
>>
>> Can any of you confirm this? Or even better, share a workaround?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Dave
>

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ask dialogs in iOS10 with apps built with LC 6.7.11

Peter TB Brett


On 06/10/2016 11:23, Dave Kilroy wrote:
> Thanks Peter for the lightning fast response!
>
> OK I thought it must be general thing (and yet another reason to move
> to LC 8.1)
>
> Actually (nearly) all my work is in LC 8.1.1 now - this particular
> app I’m using 6.7.11 on is a legacy one for a client that I’m
> modernising bit by bit - and am now recommending a ‘great leap
> forward’ to 8.1.1…

Glad to help.

Don't forget to let us know about any pain points you run into when
upgrading -- we can hopefully improve our documentation to help with that...

                                          Peter


--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager

lcb-mode for Emacs: https://github.com/peter-b/lcb-mode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode