Atom Linting

JJS via use-livecode
Well, I've been dealing with Atom not being able to lint my LiveCode files
for months.  I finally decided to try to figure out what was going on.
When I checked the repo, I found that a PR had been submitted back in March
that addresses the issue.  When I tried, I had to make an additional change
to get things to work.  I made a consolidated PR to include this addition
and all of the pending PRs:

https://github.com/livecode/atom-language-livecode/pull/40

You could also take a peek at my fork of the repo to see the code:

https://github.com/bwmilby/atom-language-livecode/tree/bwm-v070update

I'm thinking that it is probably a good idea to redo the snippets based on
the current release, but I haven't tried to run that yet.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Atom Linting

JJS via use-livecode
Brian, thank you. Hopefully your consolidated PR
will be merged.

Ralf

> On 10. Nov 2019, at 03:12, Brian Milby via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well, I've been dealing with Atom not being able to lint my LiveCode files
> for months.  I finally decided to try to figure out what was going on.
> When I checked the repo, I found that a PR had been submitted back in March
> that addresses the issue.  When I tried, I had to make an additional change
> to get things to work.  I made a consolidated PR to include this addition
> and all of the pending PRs:
>
> https://github.com/livecode/atom-language-livecode/pull/40 <https://github.com/livecode/atom-language-livecode/pull/40>
>
> You could also take a peek at my fork of the repo to see the code:
>
> https://github.com/bwmilby/atom-language-livecode/tree/bwm-v070update <https://github.com/bwmilby/atom-language-livecode/tree/bwm-v070update>
>
> I'm thinking that it is probably a good idea to redo the snippets based on
> the current release, but I haven't tried to run that yet.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Re: Atom Linting

JJS via use-livecode

> On 10. Nov 2019, at 03:12, Brian Milby via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   When I tried, I had to make an additional change
> to get things to work.

Brian, does linting LC code work for you an Mac OS too?
On Ubuntu it works here as expected but since recently on Mac OS I get:

[Linter] Error running language-livecode

and the console reads:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'setEncoding' of undefined

Ralf

Re: Atom Linting

JJS via use-livecode
I have it working on Mac and Linux.  I’m not seeing it work properly on Win10 though.  I did ensure all plugins were updated and Atom was at the latest version.

Thanks,
Brian