Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi everyone,

Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)

If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until version 1.5.

I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September LC Global conference.

All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.

A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)

Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Jonathan,

Well done on getting this to store. I've just downloaded to my iPhone6
running iOS11b3 and it hangs on the opening page with the title and globe.
It doesn't appear to go beyond this just yet. It may be just that I'm on a
beta OS but thought I'd let you know.

All the best

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

On 6 July 2017 at 15:01, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
>
> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but
> I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until
> version 1.5.
>
> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how
> to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September
> LC Global conference.
>
> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
>
> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
>
> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I recently discovered this app store search site (no iTunes needed):

https://theappstore.org/?search=augmented-earth&platform=software

https://theappstore.org

~Roger

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
>
> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but
> I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until
> version 1.5.
>
> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how
> to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September
> LC Global conference.
>
> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
>
> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
>
> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Well shoot - thanks Sean

If you shut it down and reopen, it will probably go, but I need to figure that one out

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Well done on getting this to store. I've just downloaded to my iPhone6
> running iOS11b3 and it hangs on the opening page with the title and globe.
> It doesn't appear to go beyond this just yet. It may be just that I'm on a
> beta OS but thought I'd let you know.
>
> All the best
>
> Sean Cole
> *Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
>

> eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
> Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609
>
> On 6 July 2017 at 15:01, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
>>
>> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but
>> I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until
>> version 1.5.
>>
>> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how
>> to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September
>> LC Global conference.
>>
>> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
>>
>> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
>>
>> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
>>
>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Jonathon:
Impressive app. You’re going to have fun keeping control of the trollers. Anyway, I downloaded it and opened it on my iPad Pro, latest distro of iOS. I got the main screen, then it sent me to the registration screen, where I entered a userName and password. Below the “Password” field, the “New Password” field and all those below it stayed greyed out. I could go no further. If I pressed “Return” after my password entry, it tried to register me but I got an “Invalid credentials dialog.

I quit the app, opened it again, and got the same behavior.

I’m looking forward to seeing this final app. Looks very ambitious, and should be a winner. Look out, FaceBook!
Best,
Bill P

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 7:01 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
>
> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until version 1.5.
>
> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September LC Global conference.
>
> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
>
> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
>
> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Bill

If you click the gear button, it will let you create a new user.

My daughter just made the same observation - I will find a way to make it obvious.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:36 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jonathon:
> Impressive app. You’re going to have fun keeping control of the trollers. Anyway, I downloaded it and opened it on my iPad Pro, latest distro of iOS. I got the main screen, then it sent me to the registration screen, where I entered a userName and password. Below the “Password” field, the “New Password” field and all those below it stayed greyed out. I could go no further. If I pressed “Return” after my password entry, it tried to register me but I got an “Invalid credentials dialog.
>
> I quit the app, opened it again, and got the same behavior.
>
> I’m looking forward to seeing this final app. Looks very ambitious, and should be a winner. Look out, FaceBook!
> Best,
> Bill P
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 7:01 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
>>
>> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until version 1.5.
>>
>> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September LC Global conference.
>>
>> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
>>
>> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
>>
>> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
>>
>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I think I am going to add a first-load script that explicitly asks the user if they want to create a new login, and explain they can do this at any time through the Universal Button.

I think I am going to change the image for the Universal button as well. although not sure exactly to what.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 1:17 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi Bill
>
> If you click the gear button, it will let you create a new user.
>

> My daughter just made the same observation - I will find a way to make it obvious.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:36 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Jonathon:
>> Impressive app. You’re going to have fun keeping control of the trollers. Anyway, I downloaded it and opened it on my iPad Pro, latest distro of iOS. I got the main screen, then it sent me to the registration screen, where I entered a userName and password. Below the “Password” field, the “New Password” field and all those below it stayed greyed out. I could go no further. If I pressed “Return” after my password entry, it tried to register me but I got an “Invalid credentials dialog.
>>
>> I quit the app, opened it again, and got the same behavior.
>>
>> I’m looking forward to seeing this final app. Looks very ambitious, and should be a winner. Look out, FaceBook!
>> Best,
>> Bill P
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 7:01 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
>>>
>>> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until version 1.5.
>>>
>>> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining how to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the September LC Global conference.
>>>
>>> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
>>>
>>> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
>>>
>>> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
>>>
>>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Jonathon:
A common solutionfor this is to have two buttons. One says: “I am a new first-time User” and the other one says: “I have an account. Log me in.” That would avoid the confusion.

Best,
Bill

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:51 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think I am going to add a first-load script that explicitly asks the user if they want to create a new login, and explain they can do this at any time through the Universal Button.
>
> I think I am going to change the image for the Universal button as well. although not sure exactly to what.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 1:17 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bill
>>
>> If you click the gear button, it will let you create a new user.
>>

>> My daughter just made the same observation - I will find a way to make it obvious.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:36 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jonathon:
>>> Impressive app. You’re going to have fun keeping control of the trollers. Anyway, I downloaded it and opened it on my iPad Pro, latest distro of iOS. I got the main screen, then it sent me to the registration screen, where I entered a userName and password. Below the “Password” field, the “New Password” field and all those below it stayed greyed out. I could go no further. If I pressed “Return” after my password entry, it tried to register me but I got an “Invalid credentials dialog.
>>>
>>> I quit the app, opened it again, and got the same behavior.
>>>
>>> I’m looking forward to seeing this final app. Looks very ambitious, and should be a winner. Look out, FaceBook!
>>> Best,
>>> Bill P

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Jonathon:
I clicked the gear icon and chose “Enter new User”. I entered my info, but what then? No button showed to accept my input or register me.

So…. I suggest you revamp/rethink your login system. It’s very important because it’s the first thing a new user sees and if she is frustrated, you are sunk. You may even want to consider having a “browse” mode where a user can see certain content without creating an account. Fields that aren’t needed should not be shown or made dark grey. It confuses the user.

I suggest you have two buttons that are prominent on your opening page, in addition to your nice graphics. One says something like “New User”, the other “Log In” with text explaining “Log In” means you have an account. After the system accepts the information, you get a page that verifies the  login was ok, and invites you to update your profile. BTW, the profile should ask specific questions, but be optional. Privacy policy? Or you could just take the successfully logged in user to the first page you want them to see and let the gear icon take them to their account.

I do think some kind of “tour” or “browse” type mode would be a good idea, though.

This gets me thinking about how an application like this might be education oriented. Wouldn’t it be great if students from schools around the world could interact and post pictures and discuss science topics? It would have to have strong safety so only school children and their teachers would be online. Lessons of international interest could be available or posted by teachers. Students interact to see how a particular phenomenon affects their locale. Just thinking aloud. I have a colleague in Malawi that teaches geography, and she is very interested in teaching her students about solar cooking. A great subject for her, she sent me a picture of her cooking maize over a wood fire.

Good luck with your app. I’m looking forward to new revisions. Also, have you thought about getting reviews before you put it on the app store? You want to avoid getting a bad reputation when you are just debugging and testing user experience.

Best,
Bill

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 11:57 AM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jonathon:
> A common solutionfor this is to have two buttons. One says: “I am a new first-time User” and the other one says: “I have an account. Log me in.” That would avoid the confusion.
>
> Best,
> Bill
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:51 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I think I am going to add a first-load script that explicitly asks the user if they want to create a new login, and explain they can do this at any time through the Universal Button.
>>
>> I think I am going to change the image for the Universal button as well. although not sure exactly to what.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 1:17 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Bill
>>>
>>> If you click the gear button, it will let you create a new user.
>>>

>>> My daughter just made the same observation - I will find a way to make it obvious.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Bill

I am doing a completely quiet launch for 1.0 to avoid negative reviews. I just did not have a mechanism to do a bunch of beta tests - and I really did not realize how confusing it would be at first.

By 1.1, I should be okay to start reaching out to local high schools - my first target users.

I agree this could be great for education. I plan to work with teachers to build templates for a variety of lesson plans. I also plan to create a child mode for young users by version 1.5.

I agree about the user login experience - I am going to stay up late tonight working on that and get it cleaned up.

Pretty much everything is available through the Universal button. After you fill in the form, you press the universal button again to have the submit option.

This method appears to be confusing though, so I will have to also include some of those buttons I had removed.

They were there previously, but my interface was so cluttered I might have swung too far to the opposite side.

Thanks sooooo much for your time on this,

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
> Bill
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 11:57 AM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Jonathon:
>> A common solutionfor this is to have two buttons. One says: “I am a new first-time User” and the other one says: “I have an account. Log me in.” That would avoid the confusion.
>>
>> Best,
>> Bill
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:51 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I am going to add a first-load script that explicitly asks the user if they want to create a new login, and explain they can do this at any time through the Universal Button.
>>>
>>> I think I am going to change the image for the Universal button as well. although not sure exactly to what.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

My wife just suggested a demo as well. Great minds thinking alike.

So - yes, I can do that. I am inclined to make an instructional video and put it on YouTube, though not until anything embarrassing is gone from the app. I used to work in TV and I have friends with high-quality gear that would help me out for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
>>
>> Good luck with your app. I’m looking forward to new revisions. Also, have you thought about getting reviews before you put it on the app store? You want to avoid getting a bad reputation when you are just debugging and testing user experience.
>>
>> Best,
>> Bill
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 11:57 AM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jonathon:
>>> A common solutionfor this is to have two buttons. One says: “I am a new first-time User” and the other one says: “I have an account. Log me in.” That would avoid the confusion.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bill

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

I tried a shut down and reopen. I needed to let it sit on the open page for
a good 5mins or so and finally displayed the 'Hello' prompt. Closing it
down and restarting it then took only 3-4 seconds after the loading page.

In the registration page the 'Finish' button is off the bottom of the page
and I can't scroll to it. -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b49nqjutuv236wz/IMG_DC61C94076A8-1.jpeg?dl=0

Also on the registration page, the other fields are greyed out so I can't
create a profile. Hitting return from the password (h) (what does h and
s mean?) field comes up with '[Error] Incorrect or inactive app user login
credentials'.

The text in the Done button is selectable as it all of the other text. It's
also smaller than the iOS recommended size for fingers (44x44 pixels lores,
88 (=44pts) retina). See https://designcode.io/iosdesign-guidelines down at
Buttons and Font Sizes

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
www.pidigital.co.uk
+44(1634)402193
+44(7702)116447
'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
box!'
'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
but it is yourself!'

eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

On 6 July 2017 at 15:36, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well shoot - thanks Sean
>
> If you shut it down and reopen, it will probably go, but I need to figure
> that one out
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > Well done on getting this to store. I've just downloaded to my iPhone6
> > running iOS11b3 and it hangs on the opening page with the title and
> globe.
> > It doesn't appear to go beyond this just yet. It may be just that I'm on
> > beta OS but thought I'd let you know.
> >
> > All the best
> >
> > Sean Cole
> > *Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
> >

> > eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
> > Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609
> >
> > On 6 July 2017 at 15:01, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> Version 1 of Augmented Earth is now live on the Apple App Store :)
> >>
> >> If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch,
> but
> >> I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until
> >> version 1.5.
> >>
> >> I will be posting a map-only version on Livecode Share for explaining
> how
> >> to do 3D webgl Earth maps in LC, prior to my presentation at the
> September
> >> LC Global conference.
> >>
> >> All constructive feedback is welcome, I have much to improve.
> >>
> >> A big thanks to everyone here for all the helpful tips :)
> >>
> >> Here is the link, for iPhone/iPad users:
> >>
> >> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmented-earth/id1252486908?ls=1&mt=8
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Sean,
 I am fixing the sign up process right now, and going to submit an update tonight - in the meantime you can press the Universal button (bottom right) again to submit, but I am also adding a submit button at the bottom of the form to avoid confusion.

It must be hanging up trying get the HTML text for the title space at the top. I will change it to get that HTML text internally and then do an asynchronous load to get the HTML text from my website and load it in whenever it can get it.

I will also work on the button sizes.
 Thank you for the time you put in on this!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I tried a shut down and reopen. I needed to let it sit on the open page for
> a good 5mins or so and finally displayed the 'Hello' prompt. Closing it
> down and restarting it then took only 3-4 seconds after the loading page.
>
> In the registration page the 'Finish' button is off the bottom of the page
> and I can't scroll to it. -
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/b49nqjutuv236wz/IMG_DC61C94076A8-1.jpeg?dl=0
>
> Also on the registration page, the other fields are greyed out so I can't
> create a profile. Hitting return from the password (h) (what does h and
> s mean?) field comes up with '[Error] Incorrect or inactive app user login
> credentials'.
>
> The text in the Done button is selectable as it all of the other text. It's
> also smaller than the iOS recommended size for fingers (44x44 pixels lores,
> 88 (=44pts) retina). See https://designcode.io/iosdesign-guidelines down at
> Buttons and Font Sizes
>
> Sean Cole
> *Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
> www.pidigital.co.uk
> +44(1634)402193
> +44(7702)116447
> 'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
> box!'
> 'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
> but it is yourself!'
>
> eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
> Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609
>
> On 6 July 2017 at 15:36, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Well shoot - thanks Sean
>>
>> If you shut it down and reopen, it will probably go, but I need to figure
>> that one out
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jonathan,
>>>
>>> Well done on getting this to store. I've just downloaded to my iPhone6
>>> running iOS11b3 and it hangs on the opening page with the title and
>> globe.
>>> It doesn't appear to go beyond this just yet. It may be just that I'm on
>>> beta OS but thought I'd let you know.
>>>
>>> All the best
>>>
>>> Sean Cole
>>> *Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
>>>

>>> eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf> Pi Digital
>>> Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

>> but

>> how
>> September

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Here is how I have addressed the initial login issue - not going to do constant updates, fear not.

I made it so that when it starts out (in initial mode) it presents a Create User button at the top with a field right after it that says you can either create a new user with that button or login an existing user below.

If they opt to create a new user, the fields unlock and a Submit button becomes visible at the bottom.

The button and field for creating a new user are only visible, and only take up space, in the initial mode.

The Submit button is only visible in the CreatingNewUser mode.

It is not too cluttered and seems intuitive to me. My intuition is not always spot on, so I am going to test it out on my victims, er... friends and family, before I submit the update to the App Store.

Thanks again - these were valuable observations.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 6:30 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi Sean,
> I am fixing the sign up process right now, and going to submit an update tonight - in the meantime you can press the Universal button (bottom right) again to submit, but I am also adding a submit button at the bottom of the form to avoid confusion.
>
> It must be hanging up trying get the HTML text for the title space at the top. I will change it to get that HTML text internally and then do an asynchronous load to get the HTML text from my website and load it in whenever it can get it.
>
> I will also work on the button sizes.
> Thank you for the time you put in on this!
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> I tried a shut down and reopen. I needed to let it sit on the open page for
>> a good 5mins or so and finally displayed the 'Hello' prompt. Closing it
>> down and restarting it then took only 3-4 seconds after the loading page.
>>
>> In the registration page the 'Finish' button is off the bottom of the page
>> and I can't scroll to it. -
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/b49nqjutuv236wz/IMG_DC61C94076A8-1.jpeg?dl=0
>>
>> Also on the registration page, the other fields are greyed out so I can't
>> create a profile. Hitting return from the password (h) (what does h and
>> s mean?) field comes up with '[Error] Incorrect or inactive app user login
>> credentials'.
>>
>> The text in the Done button is selectable as it all of the other text. It's
>> also smaller than the iOS recommended size for fingers (44x44 pixels lores,
>> 88 (=44pts) retina). See https://designcode.io/iosdesign-guidelines down at
>> Buttons and Font Sizes
>>
>> Sean Cole
>> *Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
>> www.pidigital.co.uk
>> +44(1634)402193
>> +44(7702)116447
>> 'Don't try to think outside the box. Just remember the truth: There is no
>> box!'
>> 'For then you realise it is not the box you are trying to look outside of,
>> but it is yourself!'
>>
>> eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
>> Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609
>>
>> On 6 July 2017 at 15:36, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Well shoot - thanks Sean
>>>
>>> If you shut it down and reopen, it will probably go, but I need to figure
>>> that one out
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> globe.

>>> but

>>> how
>>> September

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Downloaded

initial user registration failed some how.. no clear feedback on why, but now there is nothing more I can do…  anything I try leads to a  Error incorect or inaccurate app user login credentials.

Going for the gear, choosing new user, enter creds. still get same message.

I'm locked out of this app.

Also you need to trap for the return key in the name field.  use can hit return and a cr is added and the name he entered disappears on line 1 above.

you need to put in that field

on return
# do nothing, and do not pass the return key in the name field… or send the cursor down to the Password field.
end return

or something like that.. I have to look …

but, looks interesting, I'm impressed by the level of community activity you expect to generate/support… looks "scary" to me unless you have a big staff. I've been thinking about similar things for our new app, but everytime I shy away…

BR

On 7/6/17, 4:01 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until version 1.5.

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Swami,
The interface confuses people about whether they are logging in or signing up - I added some things that make that explicit and going to submit as soon as I test on a few friends.

If you want to register, fill in the fields for a new user then click the gear again to have the option to submit.

Clearly, I tested this in a biased way - not going to make that mistake again.

Thanks for checking it out!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:55 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Downloaded
>
> initial user registration failed some how.. no clear feedback on why, but now there is nothing more I can do…  anything I try leads to a  Error incorect or inaccurate app user login credentials.
>
> Going for the gear, choosing new user, enter creds. still get same message.
>
> I'm locked out of this app.
>
> Also you need to trap for the return key in the name field.  use can hit return and a cr is added and the name he entered disappears on line 1 above.
>
> you need to put in that field
>
> on return
> # do nothing, and do not pass the return key in the name field… or send the cursor down to the Password field.
> end return
>
> or something like that.. I have to look …
>
> but, looks interesting, I'm impressed by the level of community activity you expect to generate/support… looks "scary" to me unless you have a big staff. I've been thinking about similar things for our new app, but everytime I shy away…
>
> BR
>
> On 7/6/17, 4:01 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>    If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch, but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until version 1.5.

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Jonathan,

I've tried to to login to the app from an iphone 6 ios 10.3.2

Ive restarted it a couple of time but always the same.

The Username and Password field asre white and enabled - I enter the
details but no other field is enabled.

Now some feedback.

My pet peeve (it happened on a subscription site 2 days ago so I'm still
smarting from the experience ;-)

1. I have never understood why anybody asks for the original password to
change the one you have either forgotten or never received in the email.
You are in good (bad?) company Skype does this but also ties you in nots
with nobody to talk to.

2. There are TOO many fields on the login page - there should be 2 Big
Buttons at the top Create New Account ./ Sign In.

In fact off the top of my head, download the UDEMY app to see what I think
 is very simple and clear.

You can ask for all the rest on the second page but also have a SKIP if
we/they don't want to enter the other info just yet.

3. The app seems to know it has been run for a second time because the help
screen doesnt come up - so again you can leave it logged in even if they
exit the program.

4. I would allow a user name and or an email address for logging in

5. The (H) and (S) after the password and new password  have no clue that
they are clickable the (S) on the New password is not enabled.
That bit again is not obvious without clicking. The Words <Show Password>
would have fitted with no problem - and in a different colour or as a
button.

6. Why is the select user Icon showing when there is nothing to select?
Would that show something after I put in my email or logged in in which
case it just adds to the confusion. I pressed a few times to see if
anything would load.

7. You have Screen Name and Username - Until i looked to the Bottom where
it says screen name I assumed the username was my login name (or is it?).

I was typing not my full name but a Username (1 word) - The Username (or
Email) that is used to login should be together and First unless the first
line says <Your Name>. It is not obvious if you expect a first name and
last name - I presume it doesn't matter.

8. To reiterate because this to me is the crux none of the other fields
except the signup field need to be on the front page - "Show me the Banana"
as Steve Krug says and "Don't Make me think" as Seth Godin says.

Regards Lagi

On 7 July 2017 at 11:26, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Swami,
> The interface confuses people about whether they are logging in or signing
> up - I added some things that make that explicit and going to submit as
> soon as I test on a few friends.
>
> If you want to register, fill in the fields for a new user then click the
> gear again to have the option to submit.
>
> Clearly, I tested this in a biased way - not going to make that mistake
> again.
>
> Thanks for checking it out!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:55 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Downloaded
> >
> > initial user registration failed some how.. no clear feedback on why,
> but now there is nothing more I can do…  anything I try leads to a  Error
> incorect or inaccurate app user login credentials.
> >
> > Going for the gear, choosing new user, enter creds. still get same
> message.
> >
> > I'm locked out of this app.
> >
> > Also you need to trap for the return key in the name field.  use can hit
> return and a cr is added and the name he entered disappears on line 1 above.
> >
> > you need to put in that field
> >
> > on return
> > # do nothing, and do not pass the return key in the name field… or send
> the cursor down to the Password field.
> > end return
> >
> > or something like that.. I have to look …
> >
> > but, looks interesting, I'm impressed by the level of community activity
> you expect to generate/support… looks "scary" to me unless you have a big
> staff. I've been thinking about similar things for our new app, but
> everytime I shy away…
> >
> > BR
> >
> > On 7/6/17, 4:01 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Jonathan Lynch via
> use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >    If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch,
> but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until
> version 1.5.

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Lagi,

Thank you for your feedback!
I have changed it so that the initial mode does exactly what you said - it has two options that allow the user to choose to create a new user or sign in.

From there it only reveals the fields and buttons that are appropriate for whether the user is logging in, logged in, creating a new user, or editing their information.

I am going to update the app on iTunes on Thursday. The core of the app seems to be strong, but the user interface clearly was lacking :(

I spent a lot more time working on figuring out the 3D map - I am going to make the interface smooth before I do any promotion.

I think we have to require using the current password to change the password, to prevent hacking.

I made notes of you other observations as well.

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
>>> # do nothing, and do not pass the return key in the name field… or send
>> the cursor down to the Password field.
>>> end return
>>>
>>> or something like that.. I have to look …
>>>
>>> but, looks interesting, I'm impressed by the level of community activity
>> you expect to generate/support… looks "scary" to me unless you have a big
>> staff. I've been thinking about similar things for our new app, but
>> everytime I shy away…
>>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> On 7/6/17, 4:01 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Jonathan Lynch via
>> use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>   If you get a chance, please check it out. This is just a soft launch,
>> but I am excited to have it out there. I won't start heavy promotion until
>> version 1.5.

Re: Augmented Earth now on the App Store!

Jonathon,
Re password changing. If someone has forgotten their password, what most sites do is send a reset link to a registered email. For even better security, a code is sent to the user's message system, which must be received and entered before reset can be accomplished.

If a person has logged in, and wants to change their password, I don't see why they would be required to enter their old password, but they must know it, or,they wouldn't have been able to log in.

My 2 cents,
Bill P

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

On 11/07/2017 19:18, prothero--- via use-livecode wrote:
> If a person has logged in, and wants to change their password, I don't see why they would be required to enter their old password, but they must know it, or,they wouldn't have been able to log in.

That's done to prevent someone else changing the password if the screen
has been left unattended.

Alex.