Autocomplete in 9.0.1 RC1

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi All,

Maybe I’m missing something, but Autocomplete in the 9.0.1 RC1 doesn’t seem to work… I try selecting the appropriate pop up from the list with the right arrow key, but it doesn’t complete and just stays there.

TIA,

Steve MacLean

9.0.1 RC1 Business

Re: Autocomplete in 9.0.1 RC1

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
I think it’s a convention issue. Normally autocomplete is triggered with the tab key. You can right arrow down the list and then press tab, and it will do the line you were on.

You could argue that enter/return should work as well, but then you don’t have a way to indicate that you don’t want autocomplete at all, you really wanted to call your handler ‘on moused’.

> On Jul 20, 2018, at 1:40 PM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Maybe I’m missing something, but Autocomplete in the 9.0.1 RC1 doesn’t seem to work… I try selecting the appropriate pop up from the list with the right arrow key, but it doesn’t complete and just stays there.
>
> TIA,
>
> Steve MacLean
>
> 9.0.1 RC1 Business

Re: Autocomplete in 9.0.1 RC1

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Thanks Colin, thought I had tried tab as well… lol, guess I hadn’t!