Beeing a developer after 40

beugelaar
For who it may concern... (I am 49...;-)

Adrian Kosmaczewski destroys any concerns you may have about becoming an
older developer (19 minute read): http://bit.ly/1qWJy53

Have a nice day!
Erik

--

Sent from Matwetwe <http://www.about.me/beugelaar>
jbv

Re: Beeing a developer after 40

jbv
and what about starting your career in 1978, writing software in assembler
on punch cards, for a machine with only 1 12 bits accumulator and 2 index
registers ?

Best

> For who it may concern... (I am 49...;-)
>
> Adrian Kosmaczewski destroys any concerns you may have about becoming an
> older developer (19 minute read): http://bit.ly/1qWJy53
>
> Have a nice day!
> Erik
>

> --
>

> Sent from Matwetwe <http://www.about.me/beugelaar>

Re: Beeing a developer after 40

Thierry Douez
Hi Erik,

Thanks for sharing.

You make my day... the day of an old developer :)

Regards,

Thierry

> For who it may concern... (I am 49...;-)
>
> Adrian Kosmaczewski destroys any concerns you may have about becoming an
> older developer (19 minute read): http://bit.ly/1qWJy53
>
> Have a nice day!
> Erik
>

> --
>

> Sent from Matwetwe <http://www.about.me/beugelaar>

Re: Beeing a developer after 40

Richmond Mathewson-2
54 and loving it!

Richmond.

Erik Beugelaar wrote:

 > For who it may concern... (I am 49...;-)
 >
 > Adrian Kosmaczewski destroys any concerns you may have about becoming
 > an older developer (19 minute read): http://bit.ly/1qWJy53

Good find, Erik.  Thanks.

We see a similar pattern with entrepreneurship in general.  Once we look
past a few stories grabbing most of the headlines, a more thorough
analysis of age distribution among entrepreneurs shows it's rarely about
20-somethings:

   ...the collective summary of their learnings was the average
   entrepreneur is 40 years old when they launch their startup,
   and people over 55 are twice as likely as people under 35 to
   launch a high-growth startup.  The average age of a successful
   startup with over $1MM in revenues was 39.  It was determined
   age was less of a driver to entrepreneurial success than
   previous startup and industry experience.

<http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgedeeb/2015/04/16/does-age-matter-for-entrepreneurial-success/>

Not to worry the young-uns here - the article closes with:

    No, age in itself does not matter in trying to forecast
    entrepreneurial success.  But, experience does, and often
    times, that comes with age.  And, smart entrepreneurs
    that lack experience, can offset that by surrounding
    themselves with experienced mentors.

Re: Beeing a developer after 40

Alejandro Tejada
Interesting enough, I am trying to fill the gaps in my programming knowledge.

For this, I bought a not too old desktop computer and have set up this computer only for learning programming.

Hopefully, finally I will learn how to make DLLs for my older versions of MC and RR.
After that, using the most recent features of LC 8 should be easier to understand... hopefully.

Wish me good luck! :)

Al